Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #46
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,811
Grazie Momi for another one of your fantastic ride the world reports region by region.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #47
Kedgi
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Excellent RR

Excellent Ride Report. Thanks for taking the time to post it. I really enjoyed it.

Kedgi
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #48
momi20 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
This 9 years old bikers sure is better than me to drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DULAJd_2YxU

I hail everybody: I'm goning in the opposite direction

hte damages of the hurricane

first sign to Acapulco

my idea is to rest in Tehuantepec, but the engine begins to sputter and the bike goes slow: I just can use the third gear and I'm not able to ride more than 25 miles (40 km) speed. After some minute I saw the sign to Mixtequilla 2 km ( 1 mile) : maybe a mechanic ? Around 7 pm I'm in the city, ther's a mechanic but it's closed. It's sunday. After few minutes two men with a car arrive in front of the workshop: great they are the owners. " Carburador senor" (carburetor) is the diagnosis. Tomorrow morning they can fix everything. Inthe city aren't motel, but just a kind of "eco lodge": the room is a little bit expensive 18 € = 24 $, but this is my only option

ther's a big dog (doberman) ..but he's fastened to a chain. This is a good thing because very close to the doberman ther's the clotheshorse. I begin to hang my travel clothes when I heard snarl: no problem the doberman is fastened...but in this lodge there are 2 dogs. Obviously the other is free. Despite my hurt knee I'm faster then the second dog to run to the restaurant of the lodge, where the people stops the dog. Ok, for sure I'll go in the city to eat.

the church

the movida in Mixtequilla offers a female volleyball tournement, near the church

dinner

It' going dark, but I heard some music. Now happens one of the amazing moment that sometimes the fate organize for you: thanks bad carburator
It's a parade of a politician candidate to mayor of Mixtequilla

After I've taken some shots with my camera the people sign up me "officialy"

The candidate is Benito Orozco Mendoza and I think he has won http://www.ieepco.org.mx/acuerdos/2013/plamovciu.pdf his party is the Movimento Ciudadano

me and Benito Orozco Mendoza

the candidate parade begins to move along streets and I follow with my motorbike the parade. The soundtrack is "El Pueblo unido jamais serà vencido

this is the staff of the candidate...as in Italy I think too much people=too much salaries

ok: the showgirl isn't bad

a slush

Monday July 10

If mechanic is able to fix the problem in the morning I should reach Puerto Escondido in the afternoon

In the mechanic's workshop there are really any kind of veichle

this guy is an engineer..out of work at the moment

the problem was the carburetor: too much dirty

two hours and everything's fine

breackfast

advertisements here are made by hands: no poster

Looking at the map I had thought to drive along an ocean side road: wrong. It's very sporadic to can see the ocean. The road twist and turn between trees and is up and down on little hills

The motorbike is running well: what can stop me ? A puncture. Perfect place: desert road and an unskilled biker...me. But I've got the glue to repair the tire and a littel air compressor.
After half hour this is the situation: the glue is all around the ground and the air compressor doesn't works.
A guy driving a car stops and tells to me that forward ther's a tyre center (vulcanizador). After he had driven to him he went back: the tyre dealer don't have a pick up to can load the bike and isn't sure to can repair the tyre.
I begin to push the bike when it comes the vulcanizador that tells that his shops isn't far away.
Who knows what's mean in Central America not far away ? 2 miles ? 5 miles ? 20 miles?
I turn on the motorbike: 1st gear, little bit of gas and go ahead. The wokshop is in Copalita: 4 miles (7 km)

same cards as in Italy

the air compressor could not work: too big the hole, look at the nail

Ok and now let me write something about the vulcanizador. This man (67 years old) has 3 wifes and 6 children. For this reason he must work a lot to pay maintenance. Now things are going a little bit better. He discovered that the second wife has 2 lovers. He spoke with this 2 men: "Ok I don't give a damn of this situation, but you've got to donate money for maintenance" Now he hopes that even 1st and 3rd wife could find a lover.

In the late afternoon I'm in Puerto Escondido

A cabanas on the beach: 8 $ ( 6€)

shower and a walk through the town

with a lot of people should'nt be nice, but during hte love season is a relaxing place

this is the pizzeria of the italian emigrant that inspired the movie

An ice cream and some chat to end the evening

momi20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #49
junkyardroad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Great ride report. Enjoying the pics of places further away from tourists.
junkyardroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #50
momi20 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Tuesday June 11

Today I want reach Acapulco

here was filmed just some external views: Elvis never has been in Acapulco

little wlak on the beach in the early morning

Often the real life can offer some amazing show:little fishingboats are coming back: look how people bring boats on the beach

I start around 9 am, nobody on the road except this bunch of vultures: it sounds like a message and so I stop to buy a replacement tyre

this is the rest point for the taxi driver

maybe to eat

I've eaten something different

no washer maschine

Everybody connect Acapulco to fun and vacation, but this is the 4th most dangerous city in the world !!! 142 homicides for every 100.000 residents. This average is 28 time higher then in USA

http://www.curiosityaroused.com/worl...-in-the-world/

touristic area could be very dangerous for me: luxury hotels almost everywhere.

I wrote almost: in Acapulco hotel Dominom (Costera Miguel Aleman # 711) can save your money

ther's parking for the bike, swimming pool and wireless

My hotel is in the luxury area, La Condensa, and so I take a bus to reach the Acapulco Zocalo

I eat a corn on the cob and after take a bus to come back in my hotel: here busses have smoked glasses that are ok to protect the driver from the sun...but during the day. In the night you can'tm have a good view. But this doesn't matter: my bus driver was driving and watching film

Is really low season, especially in the Condensa

Old 10-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #51
momi20 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Wednesday June 13

Now starts the game plan to come back in Mexico City: on 15 of June I've got my fly back

I wake up very early

a pic with Benito Orozco Mendoza: should be a lucky charm

good bye Acapulco I'm going to Mexico City

In Mexico toll free roads have the same number as toll roads

it's around noon when I stop at Oxxo..everywhere in Mexico

The coffe machine is always near the slush machine and with a mix you can get a very good ice coffee.

Im in lane to pay and a man tells to me to go, so my coffee don't became cold. i explain to him what I did, because in Italy ice coffee is very common during the summer. Concidences always help you to set up a great itinerary. This man tells to me that not very far exist a very special city El Chipilo, where an italian community has lived since 1850. They are migrant workers from an italian region, Veneto. The italian language is learned in the schools of this city. Ok, El Chipilo will be my next stop

every day is possible get pics as this

a kind of national army guard had seized some drug dealers

http://www2.regione.veneto.it/videoi...63/chipilo.htm

a stop for a great savoury pie

It's dark when I arrive at the Gaby's Motel in Cuernavaca. An employee tells 400 pesos for the night. I turn my bike but it comes the owner: How much would you like to spend? 200 pesos. Ok

This is an hour motel , for lovers. The room tv has got 4 adult channels

Room is a little bit kitsch

an employee of the motel brings me to an internet point: 3 people on the scooter

around 10 pm I come back: this motel is better organized than mine

Old 10-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #52
momi20 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thursday June 14

breakfast

When I saw this farmers I had halted me

Sometimes life can be hard, but for a mexican farmer is harder. They get 10 US $ a day, six day a week, no industrial insurance, no rights, and they know that an USA farmer gains 10 US $ a hour.The gasoline is very expensive (around 5 $ a gallon). One farmer tells that Mexico is full of petrol, but instead to build refineries, the govenement sells petro outside Mexico and the buy gasoline.

Museums and monuments are a very important part ofa country, but even the everyday life is something that you've got to try to know

another ice coffee

An italian soccer school..mhhh I should be very close to El Chipilo

here I'm

In this bar the owner speaks italian and introduce me to some friends

Italy

Inthe town hall they tell me where is possible to buy a book with the history of the town

is a book for the 120 years of El Chipilo

Ok the pizza maker is mexican, but the wood oven works very well

a little stop in Puebla

last clothes change..again the rain

Just in Plaza Maior you can take the picture of the comeback

In the square ther's still the teacher unit ? In one poster you can read the question: Why a salary of a politic is 40.000 pesos and a teacher get 3.000 pesos ?
Speking with them I explain that even in the Italian Parliament you can see politics that are sleeping

to sleep, again Hostel Amigo

Old 10-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #53
nailit2em
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 410
I'm a little late getting into this thread but this statement is SO TRUE!!

I have ridden into Central America twice now, Mexico three times. I have great stories about the kindness of people I have met that would fill several of pages here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster View Post
Its too bad that people have negative preconceptions of people they have never met, and lands in which they have never traveled. I guess we are all a bit this way, but travel changes all of these preconceptions, and its a good thing.

No eres gringo, tal vez, pero en Mexico y Centro America, todos los extranjeros son gringos.

Your English is plenty good enough, well done on the report.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:35 AM   #54
momi20 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailit2em View Post
I'm a little late getting into this thread but this statement is SO TRUE!!

I have ridden into Central America twice now, Mexico three times. I have great stories about the kindness of people I have met that would fill several of pages here!
Originally Posted by crashmaster
Its too bad that people have negative preconceptions of people they have never met, and lands in which they have never traveled. I guess we are all a bit this way, but travel changes all of these preconceptions, and its a good thing.

No eres gringo, tal vez, pero en Mexico y Centro America, todos los extranjeros son gringos.

Your English is plenty good enough, well done on the report.

Originally Posted by crashmaster

Travel opens mind

About my sentence " Yo soy italiano no gringo": ok in the common sense gringo is a no Central America citizien, but speaking with locals very often they hinted to people from USA.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #55
momi20 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Friday June 14

First the breakfast

Driving the bike, I come back in El Tepitocon: this neighborhood is known as a very dangerous place, but it depends from the way you want to "explore" it. Often this kind of zone are known as "ghetto" due an high criminality rate, but are even full of people that everyday work bring children at school etc... So if you decide to walk alone, in the dark in this places you can be in a pickle, but if during working hours you walk in a crowd street or in a food market you sholud not get trouble.
From the point of view of colors, sounds and people El tepito (for me) was fantastic

In the afternoon I meet Oscar to give back the Kawasaki. Honestly he admit that probably the bike hasn't checked well before my departure and so he give me back the full deposit.

In hte evening the disck jockey/barman of the hostel give a very good information: the address of the UTA bar, a club where is possible listen punk, metal, dark, new wave etc.. a place perfect for me.

Sure this isn't the UTA

Ahh UTA: ok after 10 minutes this became n°1 spot in Mexico City

Back in the hostel after midnight: this guy went to the wrestling show

Suddendly one magic moments that you'll never can get in a hotel, but just in a hostel
I share my room with 9 colombian guys and now the disc jokey decide to play colombian salsa and immediatly the girls begin to teach to everybody the colombian salsa

Before to go in the bed I think that tomorrow will be the hardest day of my vacation: souvenirs search
Old 10-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #56
junkyardroad
Gnarly Adventurer

How about an update?
Old 10-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #57
Gamequeazy
Curbjumper

Oddometer: 768
Great report!
Old 10-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #58
momi20 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardroad View Post
How about an update?
This is the final update

Saturday June 15

Today will be the toughest day of my vacation: find some souvenirs. Normally I look for magnets: easy to carry home (little) and cheap.
In Mexico City the right place is the market Ciudadela

http://www.fodors.com/world/mexico-a...ew-139395.html

searching on internet with the words "punk, Mexico City" I also found an article wrote about a very intriguing place, the market known as El Chopo

http://www.side-line.com/news_commen...=49525_0_2_0_C

A kind of anarchic/punk market: looks like the perfect palce where finish my vacation after the last night at the Uta

It's better to update my GPS

No subway:I'll use bus, but Ciudadela is very close to my hostel. Ok by foot

I reach the market very early, and some shop is close, but this is a paradise for souvenir hunters, just take a look at pictures

this is a shop of handcrafted classic guitars

but I don't forget that I need souvenirs

hey bikers:

Finally I bought magnets made as sandal, with the writing Mexico

this is the bus terminal very close to the market El Chopo

this building has a very nice mosaic and I take a pic

after a man begins to follow me I stop and he asks to me why I've taken the picture. He's an employee of the security, because this buliding is the headquarters of PRI (Partito Revolucionario Istitucional ). For 70 years this has been the first party in Mexico: most of the party in Mexico are left oriented, but the PRI is a lot focused on the workers. So I ask to him " Why farmers, as in El Chipilo, are gaining just 10$ a day?" Suddendly he begins to stutter"It isn't easy...in Mexico ther's a lot of corruption.." I'm outside Italy, but always the same song" I'm honest, I'm doing everything possible, but the others are bad ecc ecc..." Ok bye bye El Chopo is waiting me and her's the place: FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the starting point

Who's this old senile in front of the Iron Maiden poster ?

Due to my age I attended at one of the first live in Italy of the iron Maiden, in the city of Reggio Emilia: the singer was Paul Di Anno. At the end of the live he excused with the crowd: " Sorry guys, but we recorded just two LP and so we have finished the songs" quanto avevano pubblicato solo 2 album.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #59
momi20 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

going around El Chopo I reinforce my opinion that you don't have to spend 100$ to can listen good music or see funny things (even creative or intelligent)

maybe I'm not the older her in El Chopo

a live act of a very famous band (in Central America): the Bunkers

I've got to come back to the hostel

advertisement

body painting

In the hostel I finisch to prepare my luggages and greet everybody: cook, owner and receptionist.

At the airport I'm early (almost 3 hours) and so I've time to protect my luggage. To save money you don't need to use official wrap bag security point

you can do yourself with a good garbage bag and some tape: look

before

after 30 minutes

the garbage bag is a security surplus

The fly back is without a problem, but at my arrive in the terminal of Bologna (Italy) this is the meeting point for the visitors of the packaging exposition 2013: ok the perfect place for the last pic

Thank to every forum reader, and sorry for my english and the long time necessary to finish this report: I really enjoied to share it with you. I'll try to answer to any question

Drive safe guys
Momi
Old 10-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #60
junkyardroad
Gnarly Adventurer

Fantastic ride report, very entertaining, with great pics! Thanks for sharing and your English is fine. Best of luck to you.