User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
craigincali OP
Just hanging around

Oddometer: 1,827
California road legal Rallye bikes

I know there are plenty of companies that sell everything you need to make your bike into a rallye bike but are they any companies that have/sell race ready rallye bikes that are road legal in CA.? Dreams to me that everything is on the other side of the pond...
craigincali is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #2
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,118
Rally Management Services is in California and Im sure actually has a couple bikes to sell right now.
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
BC61
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,100
I'll have a Husqvarna TE449 with Safari tank, Touratech nav tower, fairng, hid lights and Renazzco rally seat ready for sale in about a week. It's 50 states street legal. Just add your nav gear of choice. Heck, I'll install the nav gear you want before delivery.

My experience at Dakar 2012 www.bc2dakar.com
BC61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC61 View Post
I'll have a Husqvarna TE449 with Safari tank, Touratech nav tower, fairng, hid lights and Renazzco rally seat ready for sale in about a week. It's 50 states street legal. Just add your nav gear of choice. Heck, I'll install the nav gear you want before delivery.
How about a teaser photo in the meantime?
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
KZJohn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigincali View Post
I know there are plenty of companies that sell everything you need to make your bike into a rallye bike but are they any companies that have/sell race ready rallye bikes that are road legal in CA.? Dreams to me that everything is on the other side of the pond...
If you build one from a current EXC 500 or other street legal base you shouldn't have too much trouble in Cali. It's when you start with a dirt only bike that has an 8 or 3 for the 8th digit in the VIN that gets you in trouble. Cali DMV will pitch a fit when you try. It's not impossible but much harder than it needs to be.

P.S. Nice 5 unlimited car in your avitar
Team Hammernutrition/T&S Motorsports
KZJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
craigincali OP
Just hanging around

I am very well versed in the CA laws regarding registration. That's the problem, I want a LEGAL road registered rally bike. I want a plate so I can ride everywhere in CA and even Mojave etc. Honestly, I don't want to build my own. I am so over customizing my own stuff. I want to buy something done ready to go!

The car is actually a SCORE legal 12 car with a 2.4 Ecotec engine in it. I race Class 10 in the RECORD series in Mexico. I am the 2011 Class 10 Champion and soon to be the 2013 Class 10 Champion. The race is next weekend, Ensenada to San Felipe.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #7
HalfFastMoto
bRad

Oddometer: 1,143
Quote:

I want to buy something done ready to go!

Yep - http://www.rallymanagementservices.com/

If they don't have what you want the can build it!
12 Christini 450 Rally Lite
13 Christini 300 E
HalfFastMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #8
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,376
Quote:
I am very well versed in the CA laws regarding registration. That's the problem, I want a LEGAL road registered rally bike. I want a plate so I can ride everywhere in CA and even Mojave etc. Honestly, I don't want to build my own. I am so over customizing my own stuff. I want to buy something done ready to go!

The car is actually a SCORE legal 12 car with a 2.4 Ecotec engine in it. I race Class 10 in the RECORD series in Mexico. I am the 2011 Class 10 Champion and soon to be the 2013 Class 10 Champion. The race is next weekend, Ensenada to San Felipe.
Sorry for the hijack, but:

Do you know Justin Park? I think he mostly races class 10 ASOCAQ, but does some RECORD as well.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #9
craigincali OP
Just hanging around

Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
Sorry for the hijack, but:

Do you know Justin Park? I think he mostly races class 10 ASOCAQ, but does some RECORD as well.
Actually, I do Justin. He races a Class 7 truck in RECORD. Good guy
Old 12-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #10
KZJohn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Quote:

California reg's sure are a PITA. I have friends who have registered their bikes out of state to get around it but have had issues with law enforcement over having a Cali DL and out of state plates. A turn key bike already plated would be a big time saver for sure.

Sorry about the confusion on the avitar, I would have swore the front looked like bug glass. Congrat's on the championships, those represent a lot of hard work and dedication. I have been codriving for the Kellogg Motorsports team 5 unlimited car the last 2 years. We won the class at this years 500 and the Milestone award in 2011,(I was driving chase and wrenching that year).
Team Hammernutrition/T&S Motorsports
KZJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #11
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,376
Quote:
Actually, I do Justin. He races a Class 7 truck in RECORD. Good guy
Right on, shows you what I know. Ran into him in Baja and hung out for a couple days. Cool guy for sure, he is living the dream.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #12
DaveRMS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFastMoto View Post
Yep - http://www.rallymanagementservices.com/

If they don't have what you want the can build it!
Hi,

Missed this thread. I'd be happy to help. Give me a shout.

Dave
DaveRMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #13
B1KSOLO
1 down 4 up right?

Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Try Paul at Highway Dirt bikes he makes some quality stuff and reasonably price, its all built here in Colorado tell him Dave Smoljan reffered you he'll hook you up.

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/
B1KSOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #14
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 1,763
Paul indeed is a spot on guy, I have used the HDB tower and handguards and during the last 24hrs Rally they performed flawlessly. The quality and the price is just unbeatable.

KTM Basel (Swiss KTM dealer), transforms the 690 enduro's to 690 Rally bikes with a nice kit (called 'Quest'). I wanna buy it, but don't have the 690 just yet

http://www.ktmbasel.ch/ktm-basel-690...avel-bike.html

From what I know so far the kit is 100% legal in Switzerland, and I understand that if it is legal there it will be everywhere The VIN number is visible, no work is done on the frame of the bike, the tanks have been approved for street use, the lights are approved, everything is spot on as far as legal issues are concerned. If you need to talk to somebody there, Jeroen has helped me with questions and answers regarding their kit (jeroen at ktmbasel.ch).

On the other hand, I also read somewhere that GasGas may be getting their Rally bike to the public. Have no idea about the price, but sure it looks sexy as hell
Old 12-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #15
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,831
By your self a KTM 690 and a Rally Raid Products Rally Kit

http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/...0-Enduro-R-SMC

call me and I will build it for you !!!