Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #16
jglow OP
Two wheeled traveler

Oddometer: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by r'elise me View Post
Thanks very much, Jordan. Great info and I appreciate your level of detail. Sounds like I need to cut the route so I avoid the north if I head up early July or wait until September (no time in late Jul or Aug).

I'd like to avoid the section where you traversed the soft slope on a very narrow single track as that looked pretty dicey. Which track number is that?

I'll likely take the EXC unless I ride out from LA. I can do some pretty advanced stuff on the 690E, but I like the weight advantage and sand handling on the exc. It can handle the mileage without an oil service. I may bring enough oil to swap out half a case. The bigger issue will be tire wear I think. I usually get about 1000 mi on the rear if I'm easy on it but that's not a DOT (Motoz). Maybe if I run a DOT it'll make it?

What was your max fuel range?

Thanks again!
The Track with the gnarly single track in it is Track 3B. More specifically it is the Waypoint "TRL 23 EXP" in Track 3B. It's only a few miles long, and can be routed around using Medium difficulty or Easy difficulty OHV trails. Here is a link to the Strawberry OHV Trail Map: http://static.stateparks.utah.gov/ma...rySystem08.pdf

Also, if you double click on most of the waypoints while in Basecamp, you will usually find some extra info. Especially the waypoints for OHV areas. I tried to include the type of trail (MC/ATV/OHV) and the difficulty of the trail (EZ/MDM/EXP).

And as far as fuel range... I think the furthest stretch was right around 200 miles. On our trip, we were all had a minimum range of 250 miles - just in case.

Hope that helps.

Jordan
jglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:54 AM   #17
justlookin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
Many Thanks

Jordan,

Thanks to you for your tracks. I love riding in Utah but being from Ohio, I don't get out there but every few years - and these tracks will make it so much easier to plan. I would like to live closer but do not think that will ever happen. Anyway I can't wait to try these out.
justlookin is offline   Reply With Quote