User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #46
Dirtbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
I'm going through this.

Wannabee, and all of those riders who of responded to this thread. What a great forum this is. I'm suffering from anxiety plus OCD myself, currently I'm an aircraft contractor. I just started working here in Charleston, South Carolina.

I purchased, and started, riding my first street bike a V-Strom 650. I told my friend I'm tired of being afraid. And, I just turned 53 in July.

Keep it up with your road trips. It's really great therapy.
Dirtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #47
Wannabee OP
Survivor of Reality

Oddometer: 2,364
Thank you Dirtbiker...and good on ya for getting out there and fighting the good fight .
My brain is spinning right now....how good would it be to have a small gathering of inmates suffering from the same issues ? Camp somewhere...have some riding to see the local sights and sit around the fire and discuss issues , how to deal with them or just hang out with others to get out an about .
Sounds like a cool weekend and an excuse to ride and meet one another

sent from my Illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator
Old 08-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #48
Dragonflylily
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Hey Wannabee, dig the KLR, great looking bike but more importantly your ability to be honest in reference to what your life is like & how it feels to live with a brain that works a wee bit differently than most others. Mine is also one of the "other brains" but I'm learning to embrace its charms & embrace its opposition to whatever normal means.

Getting on my bike beats the brain all get out, as does hiking or doing anything outdoors.

Keep being real, it's refreshing.....

08 DL1000
Dragonflylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #49
Wannabee OP
Survivor of Reality

Oddometer: 2,364
Hi Dragonflylily
Thanks , the KLR is a great bike , I feel like a ninja on it . Lol
Thanks for the support , it is refreshing to get some of the stuff off my chest . Its quite easy because of the anonymous factor , noone really knows me so only my screen name is judged . I have ridden for years , never anything as big as this , but have put many miles in the helmet trying to unscramble what is going on in my head .
I too like to get out in the woods , being in a much simpler enviroment helps to slow down the thoughts and allow the fog to dissipate a little .
Normal...is there such a beast ?

Old 08-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #50
Corbeau
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Thanks for sharing...

Some of my high school students, in a drop-out recovery program, are dealing with anxiety and your RR helped me understand them a little better.
Corbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:27 AM   #51
Dirtbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Sounds great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabee View Post
Thank you Dirtbiker...and good on ya for getting out there and fighting the good fight .
My brain is spinning right now....how good would it be to have a small gathering of inmates suffering from the same issues ? Camp somewhere...have some riding to see the local sights and sit around the fire and discuss issues , how to deal with them or just hang out with others to get out an about .
Sounds like a cool weekend and an excuse to ride and meet one another

Well, your not alone!!! We and others can talk of our experiences. Your ride report has really impressed me. Camping sounds like fun. Right now, my bike is a commuter, which isn't my sole intentions of owning the V-Storm 650.

I brought my bike with me this time. Right now, I'm just getting the lay of the town, not to mention of getting through the everyday STRESSES and SURPRISES of work.

Wannabee, you stay with it, right now I'm 53, I believe you can get through this. This is a great forum. I also want to say again your photography really removed some of the STRESSES I've recently been through. So, keep it up.
Dirtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote