ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2014, 09:16 AM   #751
toowoomba
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by verboten View Post
Been riding. Your tag is just too far away and would require me to cross town on the highway, scary... Not sure I can handle that tough trail to get the tag anyhow :)
I could help you with the trail, I think you could do most of it, it's not that difficult. If you got in to trouble I could always ride you out pillion style to safety on my Starbucks cruiser..... So, highways are kryptonite... Interesting...

Quote:
Just as a point of clarification for those playing at home....
Is this an alternate photo or are you still insisting on the non-descript hill scene posted earlier?
I'm all for whatever it takes to get the tag moving again. New pic or nondescript, either/either.... I shall abide by the rule and law of he who is known as JT. I await the councils decision...
Old 04-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #752
jtwest OP
Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer: 2,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by toowoomba View Post
I could help you with the trail, I think you could do most of it, it's not that difficult. If you got in to trouble I could always ride you out pillion style to safety on my Starbucks cruiser..... So, highways are kryptonite... Interesting...

I'm all for whatever it takes to get the tag moving again. New pic or nondescript, either/either.... I shall abide by the rule and law of he who is known as JT. I await the councils decision...
Hiways are Kryptonite for me as well by the way.
We all have a variety af prefered styles and areas. Those that are playing are either watching/ or too busy/ or picking their battles or any combination of the three. Those that are bound and determined but at a loss can request a clue. The clue will be given at the taggers leisure.
I check every day to see where we are at, make sure we are following the rules that were burned into stone tablets for me, and to answer questions such as this one. Tag on my fellow riders.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:43 PM   #753
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 3,013
Quote:
So, highways are kryptonite... Interesting...

well maybe not kryptonite but pretty darn close. i ride a DS bike so i can connect the dirt with some street, not the other way around.
2 SPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #754
jtwest OP
Redneck Adventererer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
well maybe not kryptonite but pretty darn close. i ride a DS bike so i can connect the dirt with some street, not the other way around.
Same here, but my issues are psychological. Ive had two cars collide with me in the past (separately). So Im fine with quiet backroads for less than an hour but traffic scares the crap out of me.!!!!
Old 04-23-2014, 04:01 PM   #755
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Been riding. Your tag is just too far away and would require me to cross town on the highway, scary... Not sure I can handle that tough trail to get the tag anyhow :)
But driving to Mexico is cool?
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #756
verboten
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoldfish View Post
But driving to Mexico is cool?
Of course!
I guess people didn't catch my sarcasm. I haven't gone to get it because its a boring trip to a well worn location.
verboten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:35 PM   #757
verboten
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I could help you with the trail, I think you could do most of it, it's not that difficult.
Toowoomba, did Santa bring you a gazateer yet? If not, you may want to add a sense of sarcasm to the list :)
Old 04-23-2014, 06:27 PM   #758
toowoomba
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwest View Post
Hiways are Kryptonite for me as well by the way.
We all have a variety af prefered styles and areas. Those that are playing are either watching/ or too busy/ or picking their battles or any combination of the three. Those that are bound and determined but at a loss can request a clue. The clue will be given at the taggers leisure.
I check every day to see where we are at, make sure we are following the rules that were burned into stone tablets for me, and to answer questions such as this one. Tag on my fellow riders.
The wise and wonderful oracle JTWest has spoken. I for one am grateful for his watchful all knowing eye. I enjoy watching this game as much as I enjoy playing it and would therefore like to offer the new picture as the official tag, unless of course someone has already snagged the "nondescript" one. The CK rock, painted by a Simian Species, which actually stands for "Chafed Keister," or "Cars Kill," can now be the official tag.

Quote:
Toowoomba, did Santa bring you a gazateer yet? If not, you may want to add a sense of sarcasm to the list :)
My dear Verboten, offering to "give you a hand" was the epitome of "sarcasm..." Now play nice... The tags are fun regardless of the locale. DK's post of the Petroglyphs was an introduction to an area that I had not known existed, and I enjoy seeing new sights, regardless of the difficulty of the terrain... It's all about the journey... Now grab that tag, grab your gazateer and treat us to another adventure! Humbly, Toowoomba...
Old 04-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #759
toowoomba
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
They need to make more highways out of dirt! Too much slab in this Country. I feel the same way about getting off road, so much so that I'm looking for a thumper. My take on it is a kind of evolution, the more experience you have, the more the dirt calls your name. Peaceful, beautiful and just as importantly, the likely hood of being collided by a car goes down significantly I'm thinking a 230 or 250cc would be the ticket.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #760
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,757
Quote:
They need to make more highways out of dirt! Too much slab in this Country. I feel the same way about getting off road, so much so that I'm looking for a thumper. My take on it is a kind of evolution, the more experience you have, the more the dirt calls your name. Peaceful, beautiful and just as importantly, the likely hood of being collided by a car goes down significantly I'm thinking a 230 or 250cc would be the ticket.
Smart Man here
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #761
verboten
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
My dear Verboten, offering to "give you a hand" was the epitome of "sarcasm..." Now play nice...
Really? You seem so literal most of the time LOL
Old 04-23-2014, 08:54 PM   #762
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
Yeah, it gets confusing when more than one person in a conversation has a dry sense of humor.

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #763
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 3,013
Quote:
They need to make more highways out of dirt! Too much slab in this Country..
thats one of the reasons i have been west of the rockies most of my life,,,,i can get to nearly all places in AZ on dirt and very little road,, i can get to many places in the western states the same way. been a few places and have many more to go.
2 SPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:05 PM   #764
verboten
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee1 View Post
Yeah, it gets confusing when more than one person in a conversation has a dry sense of humor.
I usually get thrown off when someone is serious in this thread
Old 04-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #765
jtwest OP
Redneck Adventererer

Quote:
Of course!
I guess people didn't catch my sarcasm. I haven't gone to get it because its a boring trip to a well worn location.
I caught it but Im a very serious person.... Didnt you get the message from my carrier pidgeon?