ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2014, 10:31 PM   #1201
blue10
270,000 LMR

Oddometer: 105
Recalculating.
blue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:02 PM   #1202
verboten
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Here's what the boundaries look like. Yellow are old, red is new.

It is interesting to note that only 6 tags (the current tag is not shown) were placed outside the original 50 mile radius. It is also interesting that the majority of the tags were placed in urban areas or extremely easy dirt roads very near pavement. So much for adventure riding
verboten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #1203
blue10
270,000 LMR

Based on all the available clues, I was right. Verboten's own clues confirm this. Add icing on the cake when some cat just blurted it out in plain text in an unrelated post. All info on that puts it 10 minutes from my house. Not in or near Kearny. Also I didn't find any coords for this tag in the thread.

Tomorrow after work, I'm going out to where I think it is, and run Das Biest out as far as it will go up that nasty wash and see what I can see. What I expect I'll see is a sign informing of Wilderness Area out near where that guy from The Netherlands got lost.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:26 PM   #1204
verboten
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
i'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest blue doesnt know where it is.

its not off limits to motos, and i dont know where he lives but nobody lives 10 mins away from it.

i think its time for a new hint verridestoofarformostapparently
Yeah Blue, cherries aren't berries...they are drupes

Anyhow, clues...
Berry flavored spring
I can't believe you Hacks haven't figured it out yet.
A photo posted showing the Kearny vicinity.
Heck, the coordinates were even posted during the (not so)Hyperround :)

Why hasn't anyone gone to get it? Summer temps? Game apathy? Broken down bikes? Fear of the Ripsey Mining District? Possible parole violation for leaving Wickenburg? IDK, but it is such a cool place to go see, you folks are missing out. Now the boundary has shrunk, so after this tag moves, perhaps it will go back to a Starbucks
Old 08-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #1205
blue10
270,000 LMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by verboten View Post
Yeah Blue, cherries aren't berries...they are drupes

Anyhow, clues...
Berry flavored spring
I can't believe you Hacks haven't figured it out yet.
A photo posted showing the Kearny vicinity.
Heck, the coordinates were even posted during the (not so)Hyperround :)

Why hasn't anyone gone to get it? Summer temps? Game apathy? Broken down bikes? Fear of the Ripsey Mining District? Possible parole violation for leaving Wickenburg? IDK, but it is such a cool place to go see, you folks are missing out. Now the boundary has shrunk, so after this tag moves, perhaps it will go back to a Starbucks
Yea...I'm off the Cherry Creek kick. That was just a phase I went through. I've been Hacking away at it and keep getting the same location. I'm as lost as a Dutchman.....FWIW.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:02 AM   #1206
blue10
270,000 LMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue10 View Post
Yea...I'm off the Cherry Creek kick. That was just a phase I went through. I've been Hacking away at it and keep getting the same location. I'm as lost as a Dutchman.....FWIW.
I stand and correct myself. It's not on Apache Trail nor in the Superstition Wilderness. At least I got to cause a rule change/clarification with my second post.

I'm heading out there Saturday morning. Hope it's still there by then and that my highway tires are adequate...
Old 08-08-2014, 01:30 AM   #1207
toowoomba
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 409
Quote:
Got it. It's 10 minutes from my house. Toowoomba wanna ride out with me Saturday? Make it a big bike extravaganza?
Blue10 - Thank you for the invite! Hello and welcome to a very fun game of tag! I too have street tires on Olive... Saturday no can do, but Sunday is doable, at least as far as the wash The last time I went for the "cup," Rigsby Mine, it was not there... Definitely pretty area though... Hackberry wash looks like a nice spot as well... Kudos to Mr. West the wise and wonderful Oracle for keeping the game alive! DK, is your wonderful wheelie machine up for a ride? Mangosteen, my new favorite drupe... Great to see the game alive and well

Old 08-08-2014, 07:48 AM   #1208
SteelWind
Impossible Aventurer

Oddometer: 78
I went to get it 2 weekends ago... Rode from Buckeye... Unfortunately I didn't realize I couldn't cross at Kearny. Secondly I was being stupid and decided to try to get it from the east after riding to Florence, which doesn't work... GPS died... Started running out of gas... Heat started to get to me... Forgot gloves and burnt the sh** out of my hands... Rode home after trying to find it blind for 4 hours... Lots of fun roads out there, but 400 miles in a day is a little much for me... (even if most of it was pavement)... I think I get the pansy award for that attempt...
Old 08-08-2014, 08:17 AM   #1209
verboten
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelWind View Post
Secondly I was being stupid and decided to try to get it from the east after riding to Florence, which doesn't work... I think I get the pansy award for that attempt...
The tag can be snagged via Florence, and two other towns in the area. First time I made it out there was by way of the L&B Inn :)

Pansy award??? That honor is reserved for those who don't even try. It's hard to navigate out there with a GPS, and yours died! You have a KLR that runs out of gas? I suppose you have a unicorn in your back yard too :)
Old 08-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #1210
mefadv
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwest View Post
Ive been doing some hypothesizing, experimenting, theorizing, translating, deliberating, conglommerating, mixing of chemicals, pondering, thinking and deciding. I have come to the conclusion that the game's goals include but are not limited to:
- including willing participants in the field
- adventure riding both near and far by both small and large bikes
- providing the possibility of tagging to be done in a lunch break, after work, in a day trip. Tags should NOT be calculated such that it is a weekend excursion for majority of players.
- tags are based on thought, knowledge of the area, and ability to find the quickest route. NOT to see how far away you can get.
- tags promote getting away from heavy trafficked areas

Therefore I am breaking my personal rule (again) and changing the Rules
So let it be Ridden, So let it be Run
----Radius goes back to the original 50 miles
----Center point.......(drum roll please).....hwy74 and Castle Hot springs (turnoff to Lake Pleasant).

If Anyone (Other than Verboten) Has a problem with this, PM me. I probably still wont care but I will take into consideration. New Rules start with the next tag. Lets see how this plays out...

Also I thought it was implied: Tags must be legally accessible by Motorcycle.

I'll say this JT... you certainly know how to keep the Roster-rumbling.
In the opinion of someone who no longer plays. The 50 mile loop is more-better!
Can't believe you actually think the "tags must be legally accessible by Motorcycle" was implied somewhere in the Common Sense unwritten rules.
Further I resent the remark regarding my parole travel limits from Wickenburg! How do they find these things?
mefadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:30 PM   #1211
DurtKlod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by toowoomba View Post
DK, is your wonderful wheelie machine up for a ride?
Not quite. I got my front rim back today. Maybe I'll work on it tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:28 PM   #1212
verboten
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Did the police finally catch up with your mischievious activities involving world domination?
No, I'm always one step ahead :) I retired from the game last time because I was told I was ruining it. People just don't appreciate a good tag when they see one :)
Old 08-11-2014, 12:01 AM   #1213
jtwest OP
Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by verboten View Post
No, I'm always one step ahead :) I retired from the game last time because I was told I was ruining it. People just don't appreciate a good tag when they see one :)
Well I think I speak for a few of us when I say We will surely miss your ambition and "go getem" attitude. Pleasant riding!
Old 08-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #1214
blue10
270,000 LMR

Bollocks! Couldn't get out for this thing this past weekend. Perhaps it'll still be there in a couple weeks when I put dirt tires on and have a buddy to ride out there with. Still keeping it in my mind.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #1215
DurtKlod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,370
Quote:
Bollocks! Couldn't get out for this thing this past weekend. Perhaps it'll still be there in a couple weeks when I put dirt tires on and have a buddy to ride out there with. Still keeping it in my mind.
I was hoping...
Regardless,
Quote:
I'm giving this tag one more week. Then I'll take the first tag posted.
Thursday at 7:26, it will be open to the first new tag posted.