ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2015, 09:05 PM   #1
GrizzLee OP
RubiKon Adventures
 
GrizzLee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Pacific NorthWest
Oddometer: 527
The Spiritual Return to Bella Coola: A Solo Motorcycle Adventure

The Spiritual Return to Bella Coola: A Solo Motorcycle Adventure

This video is part of the on-going series as I make my own British Columbia Back Country Discovery Route. See the trailer noted below.

This is a story of riding a motorcycle to some of the most extraordinary country on the planet. It is a sequel of sorts to of "Destination Nuxalk Nation: A Solo Adventure To Bella Coola on a BMW" (see video link: http://youtu.be/tneg6Y7pWAA)

Please join me as I take you on a spiritual journey through the beautiful and remote Chilcotin country in British Columbia.

Through the magic of digital video, experience firsthand lowland rain forests, high mountain plateaus, glaciated peaks, wild rivers, crystal clear lakes, arid deserts, high passes and life at the edge of a continent. Along the way I camp, meet friendly people, encounter ghosts of the past, mingle with wildlife and merge reality with the dream world.

The video documentary has been divided into five distinct episodes to tell my story and personal experience.

Enjoy...



See my "BC Back Country Discovery Route Trailer" here:



Thanks for Riding along....

British Columbia is truly "Super Natural"
__________________
Take Care, -GrizzLee
"Nature Sets the Boundaries; We choose to cross"
Blog: RubiKonAdventures
RR: Destination Nuxalk Nation
RR: Our Life Behind Bars
GrizzLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:01 AM   #2
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper
 
gunnerbuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: N.V.I, B.C.
Oddometer: 4,109
Well done, I would say this is your best work so far..
__________________
640 A x 2

BC RIDING 2014
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #3
Mike Ryder
Kriegerkuh
 
Mike Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Peachland B.C. Canada
Oddometer: 949
Thanks for that GrizzLee, I enjoyed each stop and appreciate the setup and time involved to make something so watchable. The small campsite at the N. end of the lake in the fountain valley is extraordinary in the early spring before the winnybaggos take it over. The numbers of birds beavers and muskrats is something to see. The fishing can be good as well.
There is a spot part way along the Chilco-Tsunia rd.where the firs are tall big and spaced out well, a small clearing over the lake resonates in my mind. There is a feeling that all is right with the world when resting there.

Thank you for bringing it back to me.
__________________
Yes I am quite serious.

Mike Ryder screwed with this post 01-04-2015 at 03:58 PM
Mike Ryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:18 PM   #4
GrizzLee OP
RubiKon Adventures
 
GrizzLee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Pacific NorthWest
Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerbuck View Post
Well done, I would say this is your best work so far..
Thanks.

Trying to earn my honorary Canadian citizenship. It's tough work but, someone has to do it.
__________________
Take Care, -GrizzLee
"Nature Sets the Boundaries; We choose to cross"
Blog: RubiKonAdventures
RR: Destination Nuxalk Nation
RR: Our Life Behind Bars
GrizzLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:25 PM   #5
GrizzLee OP
RubiKon Adventures
 
GrizzLee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Pacific NorthWest
Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Ryder View Post
Thanks for that GrizzLee, I enjoyed each stop and appreciate the setup and time involved to make something so watchable. The small campsite at the N. end of the lake in the fountain valley is extraordinary in the early spring before the winnybaggos take it over. The numbers of birds beavers and muskrats is something to see. The fishing can be good as well.
There is a spot part way along the Chilco-Tsunia rd.where the firs are tall big and spaced out well, a small clearing over the lake resonates in my mind. There is a feeling that all is right with the world when resting there.

Thank you for bringing it back to me.
Thanks for the tips. I believe the cleared spot you mention along Chilko Lake is in my video. What a nice surprise to find that place. I will plan to camp there some day.

Glad to tickle your memory.
__________________
Take Care, -GrizzLee
"Nature Sets the Boundaries; We choose to cross"
Blog: RubiKonAdventures
RR: Destination Nuxalk Nation
RR: Our Life Behind Bars
GrizzLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:02 PM   #6
BCBackRoads
Travels with Gumby
 
BCBackRoads's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC
Oddometer: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzLee View Post
Thanks for the tips. I believe the cleared spot you mention along Chilko Lake is in my video. What a nice surprise to find that place. I will plan to camp there some day.

Glad to tickle your memory.
That clearing on Chilko Lake would be a fantastic place to camp. If memory serves, there was a rock fire pit there as well. My favorite camp site on the area was the Tsuniah Lake Bay Recreation site. Very peaceful and scenic.

Great job on the video. A tremendous amount of work involved in the set up and filming as well as in the post production.
BCBackRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:08 PM   #7
GrizzLee OP
RubiKon Adventures
 
GrizzLee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Pacific NorthWest
Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCBackRoads View Post
That clearing on Chilko Lake would be a fantastic place to camp. If memory serves, there was a rock fire pit there as well. My favorite camp site on the area was the Tsuniah Lake Bay Recreation site. Very peaceful and scenic.

Great job on the video. A tremendous amount of work involved in the set up and filming as well as in the post production.
Thanks for the kind words. Tsuniah Lake was devoid of people. I saw no one. Stopped at the campground for a rest and a snack. Damn fine place!!
__________________
Take Care, -GrizzLee
"Nature Sets the Boundaries; We choose to cross"
Blog: RubiKonAdventures
RR: Destination Nuxalk Nation
RR: Our Life Behind Bars
GrizzLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:41 AM   #8
L.B.S.
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Oddometer: 1,289
Most excellent as always!

Last time I did the Clinton-Pavilion, Kelly lake, and Bella Coola routes, was on my F800ST. I have similar pictures of most of the familiar stops along your journey; albeit with an overloaded slick-tired street bike, which wasn't quite as fun as your nice machine would have been, let me tell you...

My pictures are all quite profoundly hideous compared to yours too, but oh well, lol

I'm itching to do it again on my TKC80 equipped NC700X now!
L.B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:17 PM   #9
GrizzLee OP
RubiKon Adventures
 
GrizzLee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Pacific NorthWest
Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.B.S. View Post
Most excellent as always!

Last time I did the Clinton-Pavilion, Kelly lake, and Bella Coola routes, was on my F800ST. I have similar pictures of most of the familiar stops along your journey; albeit with an overloaded slick-tired street bike, which wasn't quite as fun as your nice machine would have been, let me tell you...

My pictures are all quite profoundly hideous compared to yours too, but oh well, lol

I'm itching to do it again on my TKC80 equipped NC700X now!
Do it!!

Awesome country. Just don't be caught out there in the rain and mud. It really doesn't matter what tires you have then... unless you are on 4 wheels. Even then, those roads are like riding glass smeared with vaseline when wet.
__________________
Take Care, -GrizzLee
"Nature Sets the Boundaries; We choose to cross"
Blog: RubiKonAdventures
RR: Destination Nuxalk Nation
RR: Our Life Behind Bars
GrizzLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:42 PM   #10
L.B.S.
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Oddometer: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzLee View Post
Do it!!

Awesome country. Just don't be caught out there in the rain and mud. It really doesn't matter what tires you have then... unless you are on 4 wheels. Even then, those roads are like riding glass smeared with vaseline when wet.
No lie! I got out of Bella Coola literally the same morning of the great flood that took out all the bridges, the highway, the town, etc., in 2011 I think it was? The mud and calcium chloride mixture in the pouring rain was...interesting to navigate, lol

Being in late September, it was also below freezing and black ice/frost in a few spots, it snowed on me returning via Williams Lake! My BMW dash Snowflake symbol was nagging me something fierce

Say, if you ever want another interesting place to explore, for sure check out Mica Dam north of Revelstoke! That is an awesome ride, with many similarities, but lots of unique sections quite a change from the west side of the province.
L.B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:01 PM   #11
GrizzLee OP
RubiKon Adventures
 
GrizzLee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Pacific NorthWest
Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.B.S. View Post
No lie! I got out of Bella Coola literally the same morning of the great flood that took out all the bridges, the highway, the town, etc., in 2011 I think it was? The mud and calcium chloride mixture in the pouring rain was...interesting to navigate, lol

Being in late September, it was also below freezing and black ice/frost in a few spots, it snowed on me returning via Williams Lake! My BMW dash Snowflake symbol was nagging me something fierce

Say, if you ever want another interesting place to explore, for sure check out Mica Dam north of Revelstoke! That is an awesome ride, with many similarities, but lots of unique sections quite a change from the west side of the province.
Ahh... the great floods from 2010 I believe. I read about it. 'tis the reason the new road on the valley floor is so good and with a new bridge or two.

I will have to check out Mica Dam. Seems I've heard of that place before.

Thanks buddy. Ride safe.
__________________
Take Care, -GrizzLee
"Nature Sets the Boundaries; We choose to cross"
Blog: RubiKonAdventures
RR: Destination Nuxalk Nation
RR: Our Life Behind Bars
GrizzLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:03 PM   #12
YetiHunter
2 Wheels & Flyrod
 
YetiHunter's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Vancouver - Close to the line
Oddometer: 83
Grizz, I have watched and enjoyed all your vids, but this is the best one yet. An hour well spent.

Having been to most of these places, it brings back fond memories and makes me want to revisit them. You have a respect and reverence for the land that I truly respect.

I hope I get to meet you on the road one day, it would be a pleasure to shake your hand and ride with you a ways.
YetiHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:35 PM   #13
GrizzLee OP
RubiKon Adventures
 
GrizzLee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Pacific NorthWest
Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiHunter View Post
Grizz, I have watched and enjoyed all your vids, but this is the best one yet. An hour well spent.

Having been to most of these places, it brings back fond memories and makes me want to revisit them. You have a respect and reverence for the land that I truly respect.

I hope I get to meet you on the road one day, it would be a pleasure to shake your hand and ride with you a ways.
Oh my gosh!!! Thanks. Don't know what to say to that. But heck yeah, consider this a virtual handshake. And if we can never ride, at least I we get to share this one virtually.

"YetiHunter" ?? ha ha.. Love the handle. Your name will be somewhat relevant in my next video. I promise.

Stay tuned.
__________________
Take Care, -GrizzLee
"Nature Sets the Boundaries; We choose to cross"
Blog: RubiKonAdventures
RR: Destination Nuxalk Nation
RR: Our Life Behind Bars
GrizzLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014