User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
bobnoxious67 OP
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,445
Southern NH camping/riding, Sept 20-22

I figure I should fill you in about a little place my wife and I recently purchased in southern NH called Field & Forest Recreation Area. It's a Campground and general recreation area that has 80-90 acres of fully developed 4x4 trails. These are the hardest 4x4 trails in New England (possibly all of the northeast and east coast in general). We also have 25-30 acres of untouched woods.

Well, I'm a bike guy, and I really enjoy riding in the dirt...so guess what other motorsport we're going to accommodate?
A couple riding buddies from here have been here already and got me started on the single track, and I've cut some more...but it's taking me forever to do it alone while running the place and doing all the shit the place needs done regularly. I have about .8 miles of ST so far...hope to cut some more over the next month.

Campground has 7shaded power/water sites (basic power...not full 30amp RV service), 13 shaded (grove) non-electric/water sites, and 20+ general field sites. We specialize in groups of campers camping together, and we sell individual property use, not sites (put as many people you want to a site, we can accommodate 100 people without extra water and porta-potties and a lot more when we step up to extra water and toilets)...$10/person/night in the field sites, $15/person/night in the grove sites, and $20/person/night in power. Grove and power sites have big party sites in them. Prices include access to the trails. We have a bath house with hot water and showers and flush toilets.

We're within sight of Mt. Monadnock (can see it from the property), 2 hrs from Boston.

At this time 80% of our business is 4x4 through the Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs. I eventually want to schedule a few motorcycle only weekends, maybe a competition or 2, maybe a bike rally sort of weekend...

Anyways, we have to start the motorcycle side of things somewhere...so let's start with a camping/riding weekend on Sept 20-22. All the trails on the property will be open for use (boney/rocky), and we have great access to local class VI roads for awesome dualsport action, and only about 45 minutes from the great riding areas found in Troy/Swanzey (and I'm working hard to create a nice dual sport loop). You should have a NH OHRV sticker for dirt riding off the property:
http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/OHRV/ohrv.htm

Here's a shot of the 4x4 trail map:

Post up here, and I'll try to keep track.

Thanks,
Bob
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
A-Bone
Indubitably

Oddometer: 12,495
Cool!

So can people show up and ride anytime or is it only going to be under scheduled circumstances??

Are all the trails passable on a bike.. as in, not filled with boggy sections where the water is three feet deep with no alternative route 'cept through it or are they in any way marked as passable/non-passable on a bike? I'm sure many are fine to ride and figuring it out is all part of the fun... Just currious how it is set up...

Look forward to checking out your property in the near future...

Congrats on the new property & best of luck with your new venture!
A-Bone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
HowlingMad
drags knuckles

Oddometer: 1,351
Awesome, looks very well sorted Bob. You've been busy up there. Maybe you mentioned where it was, but I didn't see it. I see that it's near Mt Monadnock somewhere. What's the town name?

For those that don't know Bob, you'll never meet a nicer guy. He knows off road on two and four wheels better than most so I suspect the trails will reflect years of knowledge. I can't wait to see what he's done up there.

Hoping to get up there that weekend. We miss you down here Boob.

HowlingMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #4
bobnoxious67 OP
Baby steps...

Thanks for the kind words

A couple if clarifications:

-The trail map shows 4x4 trails.
-Anything green is passable (but considered "hard" by some) on a bike.
-Anything blue is passable on a bike, but hopefully you've already ridden in rocks a time or 2, and like it as we'll as knowing what it takes to get through.
-Anything black is pretty much hero only...but Lake Trail is a far harder black than Pin Ball
-Red is pretty much Pro Trials only (fukin stoopid)
-Scheduled weekends only for now...we're booked up anyways. If motorcycles can provide the same revenue as 4x4's, we'll schedule more. If I can create a single track network (3-5 miles) that will allow bikes to run the same time as 4x4's we're open to it, but we need to go slow and see how it all works out.

At worst, look at it as a weekend spent camping in a very picturesque and rustic campground in the middle of truly great dual sport riding...and the owners don't mind if you ride/watch some wheeling on the property
09 TE450
Old 08-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
De Oppresso Liber
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Bob,

Wish I could come and stay the weekend, but can't. I could come up Thursday night and ride Friday for the first half of the day if that's ok?

CJ
De Oppresso Liber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
OhBoy
Got Out

Oddometer: 1,077
Same weekend as CroMag?
Old 08-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
bad news
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Not "Gretchen's" anymore I guess? Pretty cool, some fun single track loops would be great to see. BT/River Loop up at Clough is played out haha. Congrats on your new personal playground, haha.
bad news is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #8
bobnoxious67 OP
Baby steps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad news View Post
Not "Gretchen's" anymore I guess? Pretty cool, some fun single track loops would be great to see. BT/River Loop up at Clough is played out haha. Congrats on your new personal playground, haha.
It was "Field & Forest" long before it was "Gretchen's"... That was just for a couple of years when NH tried to implement the meals and boarding tax on campgrounds.
09 TE450
Old 08-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #9
bobnoxious67 OP
Baby steps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBoy View Post
Same weekend as CroMag?
Dunno...is it?
09 TE450
Old 08-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
bobnoxious67 OP
Baby steps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Oppresso Liber View Post
Bob,

Wish I could come and stay the weekend, but can't. I could come up Thursday night and ride Friday for the first half of the day if that's ok?

CJ
Don't see why not...but you may be the only person here
09 TE450
Old 08-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #11
henrymartin
Mr. Tourguide

Oddometer: 3,470
Bob is a nice guy and the green trail (what I've seen) is good on a small DS (better on a dirtbike)

If this is the Cromaq weekend, I'm in VT. If it is any other weekend, you'll have to block the gate to keep me out.
henrymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #12
AndyCap
Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymartin View Post
Bob is a nice guy and the green trail (what I've seen) is good on a small DS (better on a dirtbike)

If this is the Cromaq weekend, I'm in VT. If it is any other weekend, you'll have to block the gate to keep me out.

It sounds very promising. Do you or are you going to have a website for your site?

When you say 4x4, You mean 4x4 trucks? I may have to bring my FJ Cruiser over for one of your gatherings.

** Edit ** Found you one Facebook - Really cool. https://www.facebook.com/FieldandForestRecreationArea
ADV Pie Map

AndyCap screwed with this post 08-22-2013 at 09:36 PM
AndyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:27 AM   #13
bobnoxious67 OP
Baby steps...

Anybody have a confirmation on the Cromag weekend?
09 TE450
Old 08-23-2013, 04:08 AM   #14
AndyCap
Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnoxious67 View Post
Anybody have a confirmation on the Cromag weekend?
Sorry, yes. Cromag is the 19th - 22nd of Sept. -> Link http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831380 So there would be an overlap.
ADV Pie Map
AndyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:02 AM   #15
Fundy Rider
Where 2?

Oddometer: 233
Where are you located?