ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
JWG OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: mustang rd Alvin tx
Oddometer: 299
New to Houston / questions

greetings all

I am new to the Houston area, I am in Alvin to be exact

I am toying with the idea of selling my sportster and moving into the sport touring class bike

so my question is which dealers should I be looking at and visiting

I would hate the thought of drivng an hour and seeing 4 bikes that were all over priced in a bad shop

I well may end up buying off CL or from a fellow inmate from the garage on this site. what I need to do first is decide just what I want

right now I am leaning towards the con14

thanks all
be safe
JWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
urbanXJ
Beastly Adventurer
 
urbanXJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 2,875
I don't know about dealers.


God news is you are very close to MSR Houston and Grand Sport Speedway.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=MSR+H...uston&t=h&z=16

Come by MSRH on Sept 7th and check out a Fastline track day

http://fastlinemcs.com/

I work the grid so come say hello.
__________________
...SPEEDING PAST THE LINE OF GOOD TASTE...
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
urbanXJ
Beastly Adventurer
 
urbanXJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 2,875
ps, you may want to checkout www.motohouston.com and ask the same question.

Cheers,
Jeremy
__________________
...SPEEDING PAST THE LINE OF GOOD TASTE...
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
JWG OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: mustang rd Alvin tx
Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
ps, you may want to checkout www.motohouston.com and ask the same question.

Cheers,
Jeremy

thanks will do
JWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
lddave
been there
 
lddave's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Frydek, Texas
Oddometer: 479
Wild West in Katy .They have Honda, Kawasaki , BMW and soon Yamaha . Bo Burns made me a good deal when I bought my 2010 Concours from them .


Dave
__________________
Dave
IBA 178
lddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: TX
Oddometer: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG View Post
greetings all

I am new to the Houston area, I am in Alvin to be exact

I am toying with the idea of selling my sportster and moving into the sport touring class bike

so my question is which dealers should I be looking at and visiting

I would hate the thought of drivng an hour and seeing 4 bikes that were all over priced in a bad shop

I well may end up buying off CL or from a fellow inmate from the garage on this site. what I need to do first is decide just what I want

right now I am leaning towards the con14

thanks all
be safe
Google TwoWheelTexan. Go to the forums, more info than you will ever need.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
Bender
I can pass this guy.
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Cypress, Texas.
Oddometer: 32,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by lddave View Post
Wild West in Katy .They have Honda, Kawasaki , BMW and soon Yamaha . Bo Burns made me a good deal when I bought my 2010 Concours from them .


Dave
They had a huge inventory last time I as out there. Lots of sportbikes.
__________________
Bender™
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #8
lucydad
n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Oddometer: 3
Laugh try MPH in Houston for Moto Guzzi

Houston is home to MPH, they are perhaps the premier Moto Guzzi dealer in the USA. I totally vouch for them, and Guzzi makes some unusual and very fine bikes. Check out a Griso for a fast and flexible twin with character
lucydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014