Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #31
The Spanish Biker
The Invaluable Guide

Oddometer: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teabar View Post
I would really be interesetd in this. It's the sort of thing I've been looking for for a while now. I could do a full week at any time you guys recommend - you guys know the weather. I'd load the bike up in the van and catch the ferry down from Portsmouth.

And Simon, it would be great to take you up on your offer of setting off from your area to get some extra trails in.
Steve
That sounds great. Don't forget that if you can't make early May then I'm having two HISS rallies next year - a bit more organized than this.

Meanwhile a little taster for the Pyrenees on Youtube - note that this year the weather was record breaking awful!

Regs

Simon
Old 12-27-2013, 04:16 AM   #32
The Spanish Biker
The Invaluable Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportakus View Post
Nick: Date - Location
The Spanish Biker: 1-4 May - Teruel
Tansinwalker: Any weekend - North East quarter
Tim: Mid or late May - don't mind
Sportakus: Long weekend - North East quarter
Hi,
I've been thinking about the biker's camp site at Anzañigo again. Especially bearing in mind that a) quite a few guys - and gals I hope! - are coming down from the frozen north and b) most of the Spanish riders are voting for the north-east quarter.

The big bonus from Anzañigo is the cheap bunkhouses of it's really cold - May could be either way and Anzañigo is well away from the snow zone in the Pyrenees. Plus if it's wet and miserable in the mountains we can always ride out to the Bardenas - and I'm looking at exploring some trails all the way there as the Bardena Blanca itself is only takes a couple of hours ride, including photo stops.

My off of riding rails to the meet is still on, only this tie it'll be riding along the Pyrenees - I know traila that you can ride loaded up from Temp at least as far as Castellón de Sos - After that it's either a big unknown - at least to me - trail west of Benasque or the brilliant A-1604 from Boltaña to the N-330 highway, and from there we have a choice of more trails to Anzañigo or a pretty lane there.

Plus, you guys from Madrid who are strapped for time can come right up as far as Huesca on the autovia, where you divert off though the Mallos de Riglos at Ayerbe. Not a brilliant start I know, but if tike is short . . .

Tell me what you think - meanwhile ¡Feliz Fiestas!

Regs

Simon
Old 12-28-2013, 04:28 AM   #33
tansinwalker OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Hi all,

sounds good to me. If the weather is fine we can go north, if not, there are thousands of scenery roads around...

Regards
Santi
tansinwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:38 AM   #34
The Spanish Biker
The Invaluable Guide

Hi Santi, et al,

Now that the festivities are over - at last - maybe we should begin to firm things up, especially as 'foreign' riders will have to thjnk about leave, ferrries, etc.

Santi, could you contact Camping Anzáñigo and see how much notice we might need to guarantee accommodation if we need it, etc.?

Cheers

Simon
Old 01-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #35
BushCaptain
Unbounded World

Oddometer: 15
Hi everyone and thanks for the headup -The spanish biker.
This sounds really fun, Im in... Anyone else coming along from the south?
Im adding myself to the list.

/Andreas

Nick: Date - Location
The Spanish Biker: 1-4 May - Teruel
Tansinwalker: Any weekend - North East quarter
Tim: Mid or late May - don't mind
Sportakus: Long weekend - North East quarter
Bushcaptain: 1 week in May - North east sounds fine
Old 01-13-2014, 06:13 AM   #36
tansinwalker OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spanish Biker View Post
Hi Santi, et al,

Now that the festivities are over - at last - maybe we should begin to firm things up, especially as 'foreign' riders will have to thjnk about leave, ferrries, etc.

Santi, could you contact Camping Anzáñigo and see how much notice we might need to guarantee accommodation if we need it, etc.?

Cheers

Simon
Hi, just a quick note to let you know I'm working on that. I'll have more feedback by the end of the week.
Regards
Old 01-13-2014, 11:31 AM   #37
Abraxas
The last one

Oddometer: 78
I nearly missed this, it would be a pitty.

I will try my best to be there. I like the idea of Anzanigo, I try to go there at least once a year, as the atmosphere is great and so are the sourroundings.

But I do not mind if it is on any other place, I am from Madrid so not too far from every place in Spain. And I love to ride my GS.

Will follow this thread with interest.
Abraxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:32 AM   #38
The Spanish Biker
The Invaluable Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by tansinwalker View Post
Hi, just a quick note to let you know I'm working on that. I'll have more feedback by the end of the week.
Regards
Thanks Santi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
I nearly missed this, it would be a pitty.

I will try my best to be there. I like the idea of Anzanigo, I try to go there at least once a year, as the atmosphere is great and so are the sourroundings.

But I do not mind if it is on any other place, I am from Madrid so not too far from every place in Spain. And I love to ride my GS.

Will follow this thread with interest.
Nice one Abraxas

Regs

Simon
Old 01-17-2014, 06:22 AM   #39
tansinwalker OP
Adventurer

Anzanigo campsite

Hi all,
I finally gathered the information about the anzanigo camping. They have a guzzi meeting on the weekend of 3 and 4 of May. All rooms are booked, but camping is possible.

They have an offer for 20 euros including, bike, tent space, breakfast and dinner. If someone wants a room for the night of 1st or 2nd of May they are available, but only camping for 3rd and 4th

What do you think?

Regards
Old 01-19-2014, 12:40 AM   #40
The Spanish Biker
The Invaluable Guide

Hi Santi,

Thanks for putting in the work!

Camping is fine by me - I was ready to do this anyway - and I guess anyone coming down from Britain will be used to the conditions - but you lot should note that it may be cold at night, so good insulation is your watchword :)

If the weather is very bad, i.e. raining all day, we can always take the train to Jaca and do interesting things like tour the cathedral, eat loads of tapas, visit the religious art museum, eat loads of tapas, tour the fortress, eat loads of tapas . . . yes, you get the drift, I was grounded by a terrible Cierzo wind once just down the road at Ayerbe so I just rode out the storm in Jaca

That €20 deal sound great - I've seen the food at Anzañigo and it's good - but once again, you Brits will need to be ready to wait until 9.00 pm to eat, but the bar will be open all day of course!

In any even I'll be bringing my own stove - can't face the day without a mug or two of tea - PG Tips, of course!

Do you think we'll have to reserve places for the camping deal?

Regs

Simon
Old 01-19-2014, 06:43 AM   #41
Abraxas
The last one

Oddometer: 78
What a pitty, My wife just reminded me i have a two year old baby and i have no better way to spend a long weekend but with My family.

So very much for My regret, no way i can he with you first of may
Abraxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:41 AM   #42
The Spanish Biker
The Invaluable Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
What a pitty, My wife just reminded me i have a two year old baby and i have no better way to spend a long weekend but with My family.

So very much for My regret, no way i can he with you first of may
That's a shame, see you in sixteen - going on thirty - years time :)

Meanwhile, I've got the whole week off and I'll be riding along the Pyrenees from La Pobla de Segur, either on Wednesday April 30th or Thursday May 1st. Hopefully mostly by trails that are doable with a loaded bike. If anyone wants to join me - and if you came earlier in the week we can ride around the trails near La Pobla, which I know very well, send me a pm.

Just a word for those who don't know the Anzanigo area. It's in Aragon in an area called the pre-Pyrenees. This is a 'layer' of limestone mountains that run pretty much the entire length of the Pyrenees, varying in 'depth' i.e. north to sough, very considerably up to about 80-100 kms. The average height is about 1500 metres and it is often possible to ride along summit ridges, etc. as well as through some spectacular gorges - that's why I stress the limestone bit.

It's a short ride to the 'desert' around Zaragoza called 'Los Monegros' and a brilliant day trip to the Bardenas desert just over the border in Navarre.

In Aragon the rule is that groups of riders must be five or less, so we will have to be prepared to organise small groups in necessary. The Bardenas is a nature reserve and has its own rules, but it is accessible as long as you keep to the permitted trails - which is not a bad idea as a large part of the park is a military firing range!

By May the weather should be stable, but in a mountain region we can't be totally certain. But the camping is next to a lake so there's bound to be a bit chilly and damp in the mornings - hence my warning about the cold.

Regs

Simon
Old 01-20-2014, 08:26 AM   #43
Sportakus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 754
Its sound great...
One question, how can I buy a ADV sticker?

YAMAHA XT660Z Ténéré 2008
KTM 690 Enduro R 2014
Sportakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #44
Tim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,356
Sorry guys but I'm out due to too many other commitments
Old 01-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #45
tansinwalker OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spanish Biker View Post
Hi Santi,

Do you think we'll have to reserve places for the camping deal?
Hi, don't think it is something to worry about. Depending of the riders attending the meeting, we can consider this later

Quote:
One question, how can I buy a ADV sticker?
Check this thread, I bought mine time ago
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257578

See you!
Santi