User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
davidstipek OP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Cool2 Charging Issues - Suzuki

Explain this better... If you understand what my answer to problem is..
I have a Suzuki RC110Y has electic starter, Relay is plug-in connecting it to Harness.I believe positive cable to relay and on to starter is #8/6 wire. Wire to starter button which energizes coil in relay, same as rest of harness (16ga?). engine uses 3 wire rectifier red, yellow, white Black gounds directly to frame ground. stator light charging coil is new as is Ignition coil. Bike has been changed to connect 12VAC only to Rectifier/Regulator, all other electrical connections on bike are 12VDC ( this involved removing connection yellow wire to yellow lead from coil to Rectifier) Battery is New 5Ma Gel type less then a week old seems when I test it there is 12V.. If I remove it from Harness I am getting 11.8V - 12.3V with bike running. Bike will start (Kick Start) without Battery installed. New Starter too!

Question is Battery does not stay up enough to enable multiple electric starts. Doesn't seem to be high enough amps to keep charge up. I have not done any extended riding to stay close to charger...

Engine is in Custom Frame, Everything works and has never been an issue Except Electric Starting. I bought new Starter because original was Toast when I bought Engine. Starter has nice H/D Relay so no Amperage of any consiquense on starter Button. Wire Red to Relay is Battery cable size also to starter from relay. Last resort how to tell if starter bad? When battery is hot starter spins and bike starts (2 Seconds) as Battery gets weak you here relay click and maybe a struggle to turn starter like its lugging...

I am lucky to have a spare Stator plate with Ignition (good) coil and Lighting/charging (Bad) Coil. I was going to rewind this coil, right now yellow lead has 40.5' from ground to solder joint 2nd coil coil is from this solder joint to white/red stripe wire and it is 23'. I was going to rewind each to a max of 40.5' each as I have plenty of room. I believe this with increase wattage @ lower RPM? about 90% of riding on this bike is City (low RPM)

Any Idea would be greatly accepted!
David

davidstipek screwed with this post 08-24-2013 at 07:15 AM
davidstipek is offline   Reply With Quote