Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #76
PhotoMotoAdv OP
PhotoGuy

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by danh600 View Post
Some people are able to grasp the technical aspect of how a camera works. Some people just have an eye of an artist. You sir are great at both. Your pictures just tell a story. I just got back from a nine day trip and your pictures make me want to hit the road again. When doing landscapes if you don't cause wonderlust in the viewer have you really done your job? You have.

I just live about 45 minutes up US27 from you. Riding our hot flat roads are kind of bitter/sweet after an epic trip.
Thanks for the very kind words, I'm feeling the same urge to hit the road again. Guess I'll have to wait, this is the start of the season for me at the studio and it will be some time until I can ride again. After 10 weeks, though, I can't complain much!

You're right, riding again in Flat Pancake Florida will be a biter/sweet experience! Another reason to start planning the next big one...

Stay well!
PhotoMotoAdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #77
Scott of the Sahara
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
I can see why you can make a living as a photographer. many time while I am riding I come upon some thing totally beautiful but I have no place to pull over and get the pic. Every one of your pictures are fantastic. Keep up the good work.
Scott of the Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #78
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,392
Stellar!
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #79
Sandino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
Amazing!!. Cheers
Sandino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #80
mitch96
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
meu Alaska aventura amigo!!

Glad your home safe and sound. I got home before you, Mike and I made it to KeyWest so the Ultimate Coast to coast is "in the can".
Completed the trip with little problems.
As all have said Great Pic's and video.. Brings back many memories.

Ride Safe..

Mitch
Hollyweird Fla
Old 09-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #81
visualizerent
Raconteur

Oddometer: 240
Very professional!
(you are a professional photographer)...
Thanks for sharing all the technical details of your work, really helps the rest of us. (never even heard of a Micro 4/3 )

One question I did not see here yet..Did you do much post editing of the photo's posted here on ADV?

If so, what do you recommend?

Thanks or posting!

Juan
Nevada City, CA.
visualizerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #82
PhotoMotoAdv OP
PhotoGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott of the Sahara View Post
I can see why you can make a living as a photographer. many time while I am riding I come upon some thing totally beautiful but I have no place to pull over and get the pic. Every one of your pictures are fantastic. Keep up the good work.
Thanks, Scott. I went through the same situation many times during my trip, the best photos of them all are the ones I didn't take because it was just impossible at the time: no place to stop, close traffic and so on. Always an excuse to ride these places once again.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #83
PhotoMotoAdv OP
PhotoGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
Stellar!
Thanks!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #84
PhotoMotoAdv OP
PhotoGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandino View Post
Amazing!!. Cheers
Thanks!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #85
PhotoMotoAdv OP
PhotoGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch96 View Post
meu Alaska aventura amigo!!

Glad your home safe and sound. I got home before you, Mike and I made it to KeyWest so the Ultimate Coast to coast is "in the can".
Completed the trip with little problems.
As all have said Great Pic's and video.. Brings back many memories.

Ride Safe..

Mitch
Hollyweird Fla
Hey Mitch, good to hear from you! I followed Mike's blog and read all about the trip back from Prudhoe Bay. You both rode back fast! I ended up staying out longer than I'd planned, but the coast of Oregon, Utah and Colorado were too good to explore. Let me know when you're free for a weekday ride, now my photo season has started and I don't have a single weekend free until the end of the year. Same for the first semester of 14. Now I know why I decided to stay out for so long..
Old 09-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #86
PhotoMotoAdv OP
PhotoGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualizerent View Post
Very professional!
(you are a professional photographer)...
Thanks for sharing all the technical details of your work, really helps the rest of us. (never even heard of a Micro 4/3 )

One question I did not see here yet..Did you do much post editing of the photo's posted here on ADV?

If so, what do you recommend?

Thanks or posting!

Juan
Nevada City, CA.
Thanks, Juan! I always shoot in RAW, so post processing is a natural part of my workflow. I use Lightroom and Photoshop, trying to keep the processing as simple as it can be: contrast, white balance, exposure. With these two programs, you can do pretty much anything you need, the trick being always shooting in RAW because of the flexibility it allows.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #87
mitch96
Gnarly Adventurer

Let me know when you're free for a weekday ride, now my photo season has started and I don't have a single weekend free until the end of the year.

You got it!!! I'm free anytime, though I have a problem with the bike now. Seems as if that Alaska mud messed up my turn indicators.. Three blinks blows the fuse, instruments and causes the ABS to die.. I'm working on it as we speak (type?).

I think it's funny that the ever so reliable japanese bike has a problem but the Triumph Explorer and the GS had no problems!!!

BTW I followed your blog also and it was great.. Did you stop smoking?

vamos falar em breve

mitch
Old 09-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #88
visualizerent
Raconteur

Oddometer: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricaserpa View Post
Thanks, Juan! I always shoot in RAW, so post processing is a natural part of my workflow. I use Lightroom and Photoshop, trying to keep the processing as simple as it can be: contrast, white balance, exposure. With these two programs, you can do pretty much anything you need, the trick being always shooting in RAW because of the flexibility it allows.
RAW! got it...(learn something new every day hangin' around here)
Here's a link for what he's talking about-"10 advantages to shooting in RAW"
http://photographyconcentrate.com/10...-shooting-raw/

Thanks again!
Juan
Nevada City, CA.
visualizerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:42 AM   #89
mitch96
Gnarly Adventurer

[QUOTE=visualizerent;22385158]RAW! got it...(learn something new every day hangin' around here)

So how do you know or learn how to adjust things in RAW???

Is there like a MSF course on this thing??

mitch
Old 09-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #90
PhotoMotoAdv OP
PhotoGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch96 View Post
Let me know when you're free for a weekday ride, now my photo season has started and I don't have a single weekend free until the end of the year.

You got it!!! I'm free anytime, though I have a problem with the bike now. Seems as if that Alaska mud messed up my turn indicators.. Three blinks blows the fuse, instruments and causes the ABS to die.. I'm working on it as we speak (type?).

I think it's funny that the ever so reliable japanese bike has a problem but the Triumph Explorer and the GS had no problems!!!

BTW I followed your blog also and it was great.. Did you stop smoking?

vamos falar em breve

mitch
You brought back a Dalton Hwy gremlin, Mitch. Good luck sorting it out! Yes, the Suzuki should have been more reliable for sure. My GSA went through the 19,000 problem free, except for two burned headlight bulbs.

We will get together soon, and this time you will have a non-smoker rider next to you: I finally quit the day after I got home. Not easy, not at all, but one month already today and I'm feeling great!

Stay well!