Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #16
brooks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
I'm with east side, make sure the backer isn't warped-or get a new metal or plastic backer, make sure the oring is there as well. Good luck!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #17
ABuck99

Oddometer: 437
M8- Why dont you call Oberon directly they are right there in the UK- they have excellent support.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #18
Oz_ OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABuck99 View Post
M8- Why dont you call Oberon directly they are right there in the UK- they have excellent support.

Unfortunately it was national holidays yesterday but think I have solved it now.

I went back out yesterday to clean all the grease out of the hole and while unbolting realised it was a lot harder to do than the first time I undid it and after I put it back together. My reckoning is that the garage didn't bolt it on tight enough to seal it, so I've cleaned out all the grease(ball bearing is in there) and fluid from around/inside the spacer.

Following the cleaning I changed out the fluid for a different colour one - from amber to green bleeding it through till just green was coming out, reapplied some grease bolted everything back up and went for a 15 mile ride. Got home and there was just a little drop of amber fluid under the slave, stuffed a white tissue under the slave and went to bed. This morning all there is on the tissue is a small amount of amber fluid which I think is just the remnants of whatever escaped into the spacer etc, I'll continue to monitor it but if the slave was still leaking I'd have expected to see the green fluid staining the paper.

But thanks everyone for the advice, I guess I was massively on edge due to my big trip to Italy on Thursday oh and that it wasn't my usual garage...
Oz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:02 AM   #19
Oz_ OP
Adventurer

Spoke to soon, lots of Amber fluid - so looks like it might be the oil seal for the clutch pushrod that is leaking..
Old 08-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #20
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,553
Clutch fluid is pressurized in there.

You will feel the faulty operation on your hands if something is leaking seriously.
Cheers.
Clutch master cylinder resleeving
Out of office April 18 to 27
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #21
5 speed
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 778
Do not be tempted to disassemble the unit. You will not get it back together and in fact will damage the u-shaped seals and will have to send it back to the factory. It was an expensive lesson for me and doubled the cost with shipping. It should not require disassembly and I doubt there is anything wrong with the seals. check the banjo bolt and suppose the plastic housing could cause an issue but I doubt it would cause a leak, it might not work well but thats it. The ball bearing should be down in the grease. If you use a paperclip or something thin you should be able to dig around and figure it out. You can always put another one in there. Good luck

If you call ask for Steve
5 speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #22
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 385
Could be going around in circles here... the amber is residual from around your clutch rod. Clean it. Ride it. Enjoy your trip!
ICERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #23
Oz_ OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICERIDER View Post
Could be going around in circles here... the amber is residual from around your clutch rod. Clean it. Ride it. Enjoy your trip!

Turned out to be the clutch push rod seal in the end! Must have been disturbed when the old slave was removed and the new one fitted. Seal swapped and not a drop of oil since.

Currently sat on the balcony in the Dolomites.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:15 AM   #24
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 385
Thanks for the info. I'll carry one of these seals with me from now on.
ICERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote