ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #301
RUSTINPEACE
Motorcyclist
 
RUSTINPEACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWannaB View Post
Dang Rust! You own this game. I do believe you have the most grabs so far..
Thanks Joe but that might have been the last tag I grab until July. Since I am going to ride to Alaska and back this June.
RUSTINPEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:42 PM   #302
JoeWannaB
Usually a nice guy
 
JoeWannaB's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Sylva, NC
Oddometer: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTINPEACE View Post
Thanks Joe but that might have been the last tag I grab until July. Since I am going to ride to Alaska and back this June.
Well that totally sucks having to ride to Alaska and back. I sure am glad I 'm not you.
__________________
JoltFilmz
JoeWannaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #303
scfrank
I'm back - sort of.
 
scfrank's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 7,632
Hi there. I need some road advice near Asheville and I thought this might be the right place. I'm looking for a way up to the parkway from Old Fort, east of Asheville, up to the parkway. I see Curtis Creek Road going from 70 up that way. Any one know this road? What's it like. I'm on a 1200 GS and gravel is certainly ok, but don't want anything too rough. I'm an old fart, be nice to me.

I'm actually looking for a good way from Spruce Pine back to North Spartanburg, SC. From 70 I would go down the back way to Chimney Rock and then down 9 home.

Thanks for any advice!

Frank
__________________
"Have you guessed the riddle yet?" the Hatter said.

"No, I give it up." Alice replied. "What's the answer?"

"I haven't the slightest idea." Said the Hatter.

"Nor, I" said the March Hare.
scfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:42 PM   #304
dpippin
Adventurer
 
dpippin's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Hoopers Creek NC (Asheville)
Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by scfrank View Post
Hi there. I need some road advice near Asheville and I thought this might be the right place. I'm looking for a way up to the parkway from Old Fort, east of Asheville, up to the parkway. I see Curtis Creek Road going from 70 up that way. Any one know this road? What's it like. I'm on a 1200 GS and gravel is certainly ok, but don't want anything too rough. I'm an old fart, be nice to me.

I'm actually looking for a good way from Spruce Pine back to North Spartanburg, SC. From 70 I would go down the back way to Chimney Rock and then down 9 home.

Thanks for any advice!

Frank
Curtis Creek should be no problem on a 1200 GS.
It's basically a gravel forest road.

Doug
__________________
Doug Pippin
d_pippin_89@bellsouth.net
dpippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:54 AM   #305
scfrank
I'm back - sort of.
 
scfrank's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 7,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpippin View Post
Curtis Creek should be no problem on a 1200 GS.
It's basically a gravel forest road.

Doug

Thank you.
__________________
"Have you guessed the riddle yet?" the Hatter said.

"No, I give it up." Alice replied. "What's the answer?"

"I haven't the slightest idea." Said the Hatter.

"Nor, I" said the March Hare.
scfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #306
Ninjafreak
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: NC Mountains
Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by scfrank View Post
Hi there. I need some road advice near Asheville and I thought this might be the right place. I'm looking for a way up to the parkway from Old Fort, east of Asheville, up to the parkway. I see Curtis Creek Road going from 70 up that way. Any one know this road? What's it like. I'm on a 1200 GS and gravel is certainly ok, but don't want anything too rough. I'm an old fart, be nice to me.

I'm actually looking for a good way from Spruce Pine back to North Spartanburg, SC. From 70 I would go down the back way to Chimney Rock and then down 9 home.

Thanks for any advice!

Frank
Not sure how this would fit into plans...but look at hwy 226 in Marion. Short drive down 70 from Old Fort. Left up 221 to 226 or if you want a awesome fun ride take 226A-the Diamondback. Both roads intersect the Parkway at Little Switzerland and 226 continues on to Spruce Pine. You also have Hwy 80, which is another great road off 70 that goes to the Parkway. All these roads are 15-20 minutes roughly from Old Fort.

But yea...I have traveled Curtis Creek many times and you should have no problem with it. It's a good road.

Ninjafreak screwed with this post 05-15-2014 at 02:50 PM
Ninjafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:46 PM   #307
scfrank
I'm back - sort of.
 
scfrank's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 7,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjafreak View Post
Not sure how this would fit into plans...but look at hwy 226 in Marion. Short drive down 70 from Old Fort. Left up 221 to 226 or if you want a awesome fun ride take 226A-the Diamondback. Both roads intersect the Parkway at Little Switzerland and 226 continues on to Spruce Pine. You also have Hwy 80, which is another great road off 70 that goes to the Parkway. All these roads are 15-20 minutes roughly from Old Fort.

But yea...I have traveled Curtis Creek many times and you should have no problem with it. It's a good road.
Thanks to you both. Thats a good day trip for me.
__________________
"Have you guessed the riddle yet?" the Hatter said.

"No, I give it up." Alice replied. "What's the answer?"

"I haven't the slightest idea." Said the Hatter.

"Nor, I" said the March Hare.
scfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #308
doogiepooch
Studly Adventurer
 
doogiepooch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Canton, NC
Oddometer: 941
I'm a moron, how did I not know we had a WNC tag game going for about 9 months now?

Hoepfully I can contribute soon. Trying hard to get out of the job that keeps me gone out of state Monday - Friday.
__________________
Current: 13 Ninja 300 Past: 12 KLR650, 09 Ninja 250, 98 VFR, 88 KLR650, 88 XT350, 07 ZX6R
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves....Edward R. Murrow
www.nationalmssociety.org
doogiepooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #309
RUSTINPEACE
Motorcyclist
 
RUSTINPEACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 232
Grab



The tag was at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC
RUSTINPEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #310
RUSTINPEACE
Motorcyclist
 
RUSTINPEACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 232
New Tag



Clue Hot Springs
RUSTINPEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:34 AM   #311
cleanerman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Greeneville, TN
Oddometer: 256
Grab

__________________
Cleanerman

XT250 2009
DL650 2011
Gl1800 2008
cleanerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #312
Ninjafreak
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: NC Mountains
Oddometer: 138
Nice grab and tag there guys. Looks like the Grove Park Inn was pretty busy. Wish I could afford a room there.
Ninjafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #313
cleanerman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Greeneville, TN
Oddometer: 256
New Tag

On the edge... What a fantastic day.

__________________
Cleanerman

XT250 2009
DL650 2011
Gl1800 2008
cleanerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #314
lgajohnymac
(*)
 
lgajohnymac's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: AVL NC
Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogiepooch View Post
I'm a moron, how did I not know we had a WNC tag game going for about 9 months now?

Hoepfully I can contribute soon. Trying hard to get out of the job that keeps me gone out of state Monday - Friday.
I feel you, 2.5 years now I been doing that....
lgajohnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:17 PM   #315
Django
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Django's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Greenville, SC
Oddometer: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanerman View Post
On the edge... What a fantastic day.

Can I get another clue?
Django is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014