ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #16
NitroRoo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
NitroRoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Oddometer: 350
PS you may enjoy a couple videos I made a few weeks ago, might give you more of a feel for the riding down there.



__________________
-Reuben
ZRX 1100, XL350R
NitroRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #17
cory1848
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Kissimmee Florida
Oddometer: 253
I have been trying for the past 3 years to get out of FL. Making is a goal to be out for good in one year to date when my lease is up. I have a decent job which will be tough to give up but I can't see myself wasting away here any longer. For me, all the coastal cities are the same. Lived in Sarasota for 6 years which is very similar to clearwater. Same crappy traffic, crappy roads and idiot drivers. I sit inside all day during the week cause it is too damn hot and humid to do much of anything outside. Sugarloaf mountain roads are fun for a few laps but then get real old real quick. Not worth riding out from clearwater to do that. Any decent riding is 8 hours north in the GA mountains. If you are a beach bum you will like it, just not my style. I want to live in a place where the seasons actually change. Been here 18 years and I am burnt out on Florida.
__________________
Current ride: 2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
Past rides: 1997 Honda Goldwing SE, 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 6RR, 1997 Suzuki TL1000S, 1995 Suzuki Katana 600, 1985 Suzuki GS550EF, 1980 Suzuki GS250T
cory1848 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #18
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 9,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory1848 View Post
I have been trying for the past 3 years to get out of FL. Making is a goal to be out for good in one year to date when my lease is up. I have a decent job which will be tough to give up but I can't see myself wasting away here any longer. For me, all the coastal cities are the same. Lived in Sarasota for 6 years which is very similar to clearwater. Same crappy traffic, crappy roads and idiot drivers. I sit inside all day during the week cause it is too damn hot and humid to do much of anything outside. Sugarloaf mountain roads are fun for a few laps but then get real old real quick. Not worth riding out from clearwater to do that. Any decent riding is 8 hours north in the GA mountains. If you are a beach bum you will like it, just not my style. I want to live in a place where the seasons actually change. Been here 18 years and I am burnt out on Florida.
Wow, if I didn't know any better... it sounds like you're pretty miserable!

Life's too fucking short to be miserable.
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #19
cory1848
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Kissimmee Florida
Oddometer: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
Wow, if I didn't know any better... it sounds like you're pretty miserable!

Life's too fucking short to be miserable.
Not miserable, just not happy living here. I agree, too short to be miserable, that is why I am trying to get out.
__________________
Current ride: 2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
Past rides: 1997 Honda Goldwing SE, 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 6RR, 1997 Suzuki TL1000S, 1995 Suzuki Katana 600, 1985 Suzuki GS550EF, 1980 Suzuki GS250T
cory1848 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #20
Jnich77
Studly Adventurer
 
Jnich77's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Orlando Fl
Oddometer: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory1848 View Post
Same crappy traffic, crappy roads and idiot drivers.

After living in a couple different states and two foreign countries, I can tell you that is the same no matter where you go.
Jnich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #21
cory1848
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Kissimmee Florida
Oddometer: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnich77 View Post
After living in a couple different states and two foreign countries, I can tell you that is the same no matter where you go.
Ok, maybe the idiots and crappy traffic but the roads I would disagree with you. I want to move to an area with mountains (TN/NC/VA), where the roads are actually curvy and scenic. Definitely not the same up there, and the change of seasons too.
__________________
Current ride: 2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC
Past rides: 1997 Honda Goldwing SE, 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 6RR, 1997 Suzuki TL1000S, 1995 Suzuki Katana 600, 1985 Suzuki GS550EF, 1980 Suzuki GS250T
cory1848 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #22
brewmann
Studly Adventurer
 
brewmann's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Your mom's house.
Oddometer: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory1848 View Post
Ok, maybe the idiots and crappy traffic but the roads I would disagree with you. I want to move to an area with mountains (TN/NC/VA), where the roads are actually curvy and scenic. Definitely not the same up there, and the change of seasons too.
You've obviousy never ridden in PASCO
__________________
KTM 525 EXC
KTM 300 EXC
BMW R1200 GS Adventure
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #23
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 9,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmann View Post
You've obviousy never ridden in PASCO

__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #24
Vankaye
n00b on the move
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: TampaBay
Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroRoo View Post
PS you may enjoy a couple videos I made a few weeks ago, might give you more of a feel for the riding down there.
I immediately identified the intersection in the first video as Anclote and Alt19. You are in my neighborhood. I live in tarpon and keep my boat at a marina on Anclote rd. I ride my white '99 DR350 around there. I will keep an eye out for your bike! Alt19 and Edgewater drive are my daily commute.

Nice videos!

Vankaye screwed with this post 08-29-2013 at 08:20 AM
Vankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #25
Jnich77
Studly Adventurer
 
Jnich77's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Orlando Fl
Oddometer: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory1848 View Post
Ok, maybe the idiots and crappy traffic but the roads I would disagree with you. I want to move to an area with mountains (TN/NC/VA), where the roads are actually curvy and scenic. Definitely not the same up there, and the change of seasons too.

blah, Florida has plenty of curves... they are called on/off ramps ;-)
Jnich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #26
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man
 
Kommando's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Spacecoaster FL
Oddometer: 6,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnich77 View Post
blah, Florida has plenty of curves... they are called on/off ramps ;-)
Even the ramps out by me are usually straight.




The trails can be curvy though.

__________________
'8yrs in the Marines, 'almost a decade of knocking heads in the service industry, I took a ride out to visit family and friends for Thanksgiving at 41yrs old, and my mom confiscated my bike.

Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014