ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #16
Whammo
Nature's toothbrush

Oddometer: 2,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikatoom View Post
Hi Everyone - It has been a while since I lurked around here.... I lead a monthly Adventure Ride up an down the Central Sierra range. I work at Cycle Specialties BMW Triumph in Modesto. I try to aim for the 3rd Sunday of the month. We usually have 10-20 riders each month. Rides are free and something i started doing because there are lots of people looking for riding buds. This is a great way to meet a few!

The rides are not gnarly. I try to make them fun without getting people in over their heads.

If you would like to be on my email list, just shoot me a PM with your email address.

Cheers!
Gail
That sounds cool. Good on ya!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #17
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookalatch View Post
Tony, check the Chico Dual Sport Riders thread occasionally. Several of the locals get up to or near you fairly often. You have suggested several interesting overnight rides in the past that I was very tempted to try and join. The timing didn't work but maybe it will sometime.

Chuck
Chuck

I have watched the Chico Dual Sport Riders Thread for a while and have posted, Just waiting for an invite to join you guys.

Tony
Old 09-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #18
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Bucks Lake DualSport ride

I want to go do the Bucks Lake Dual sport ride again, but I don't want to ride it alone. I laid it out a few years back and did the ride with a group. It has been about five years since I rode it. There may be down trees and what ever so some trees may need to be cut. The ride starts at my place in Brownsville and goes through Forbstown, the back of Oroville Res, to the Cascade area, across Milsap Bar, to Bucks Lake, (Half way Point Gas Lunch) Back into the woods, across Claremont Ridge 6,994 ft. back to LaPorte (pavement/dirt then Brownsville Pavement/dirt). About 184 miles. May not be able to complete the whole ride in one day if there are lots of down trees. But can do it over a couple weekends.
Anyone interested? It's not that difficult mostly Fire Roads, Trails and old log skids. Nothing butt puckering.

LaPorte
Old 09-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #19
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPorte View Post
Hi Kenny

I have the exact same problem, I have bikes, experience and no one to ride with. What makes it worst is, I have a place in northern Cal that I can stay at and ride from, with hundreds if not thousands of miles of back roads, fire roads, trails and single track in the area. I have ridden a lot of the area in the past. If any of this interests you let me know.

Tony
Hey Tony, check your PM here or on MLDS. thanks
StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #20
catfish
Squidicus Adventurous

Oddometer: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPorte View Post
I want to go do the Bucks Lake Dual sport ride again, but I don't want to ride it alone. I laid it out a few years back and did the ride with a group. It has been about five years since I rode it. There may be down trees and what ever so some trees may need to be cut. The ride starts at my place in Brownsville and goes through Forbstown, ...
Anyone interested? It's not that difficult mostly Fire Roads, Trails and old log skids. Nothing butt puckering.

Thanks for the email Tony. If our schedules can sync in October, I'm IN!

Catfish ...
catfish is offline   Reply With Quote