User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
Reagan OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Kawasaki Ke175d

I just picked up a Ke175d model, with 1850mi. on it. I have been able to get most maintenance parts needed. Including front brake shoes, ignition key, signal light relay and clutch parts all on ebay. A few things I can't find are OEM or aftermarket air filter and carb parts. The bike came with an air filter from another bike stuffed in the air box , not sealing (not even close) and not adaptable. I am hoping someone in the know can help with where to get an air filter and carb parts or what substitute part can be modified to fit. It would be greatly appreciated.
Reagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,541
Did you try Bike Bandit? AFAIK that bike just has a normal Mikuni two stroke carb despite the weird rotary valve setup. I would be willing to bet Bike Bandit still has the carb parts.

The filter element you may have to improvise. But they might have that as well since the KE/KD 125/175 were in production for so long. Those aren't exactly rare bikes.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
Reagan OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreatdog View Post
Did you try Bike Bandit? AFAIK that bike just has a normal Mikuni two stroke carb despite the weird rotary valve setup. I would be willing to bet Bike Bandit still has the carb parts.

The filter element you may have to improvise. But they might have that as well since the KE/KD 125/175 were in production for so long. Those aren't exactly rare bikes.
Yes I check Bike Bandit and the parts were listed online as available but when I called them they told me the air-filter and carb parts were discontinued.

The d model (1979-82) was a reed valve motor not a rotary valve motor. Actually the service manual for my 1981 model states that the reed valve system was designed by Boyesen Inc who owned a patent on the design, so Kawasaki had to write Boyesen a check to use the system.
I quess I'm on my own as far as parts or maybe ebay.
Reagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Inane Cathode
Cheated Anion

Oddometer: 4,601
Ive had good luck with dealers. Call up your local kawasaki dealer, give them the part numbers (or have them look them up, good luck with that though) and have them check dusty-net for national availability. I managed to piece together an OEM f7 top end with obsolete dealer parts. Seven parts from seven dealers across the country. I'd be willing to bet someone has your parts, somewhere.

Inane Cathode is offline   Reply With Quote