User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2014, 05:49 AM   #1
trisailer OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Maine to Florida in my sweet old time

A couple of months ago, I was sitting in my comfortable house in Thailand and made the mistake or had the good fortune to read John Down's ride report.

It got me thinking...why not a motorcycle adventure? I've hiked, biked, sailed and RVed the the eastern half of America so...

As fate/luck would have it there was a beautiful 2009 on Craigs List for sale in Maine where my son lives. Peter, the seller kept it in perfect condition and it truly looks and runs like new.

After 6 weeks and 3,000 miles running around New England it looks like my butt can take it and so I'm on my way. Currently in Arkland, NY and heading for the Blue Ridge Parkway. I'm in no hurry to get to Florida; it's hot as hell still, so my recent geographical handicaps and inattention to road signs has taken me to some beautiful rides. Last night looking for a campground, that didn't exist was the best 12 miles yet...a stream side, narrow road, four covered bridges, six deer and many twists made being lost a pleasure. A local guy recognized I was lost and invited me to stay behind his restaurant...and fed me to boot.

I've have enjoyed so many of these ride reports, I'm determined to make the effort. I'll let all of you be the judge of it's quality. I just signed up for Smugmug and now have to figure out how to get photos from there to here.

My loose plan (when not lost) is Delaware Water Gap, West Virginia and the BRP. If anyone would like to join of offer tent space that would be great. Currently in Arkland, NY in the Catskils.
trisailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #2
Vikingtazz
Will ride for food.

Oddometer: 248
You're too far south of me for accommodations, but I'll tag along anyways if that's ok.
Could you give us a description of your bike, some pertinent information about the rider, and maybe even a snapshot of any interesting tatoos?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709349
Vikingtazz is offline   Reply With Quote