Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 07:38 AM   #46
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,763
Decide if you want to suffer a little on the long slab and have a better bike off road or if you want to be more comfortable on the slab and less comfortable off road.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #47
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goti View Post
Seems to me Tancakar pushed the 950SE pretty close to the bike's limit. Really hard in bad terrain. Gnarly stuff. Scary.
So if he says that a 950SE pilot will like the 1190 he is just right.

Tancakar, please comment about your 950SE v/s 1190 experience
I wasn't gonna come back on here but hey .... I agree 100% with with this question then saw Tancakars reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
Are you trying to be a dick or are you a dick?

Yes I test ride 950 se great bike but I ride it on road. I didn't comment that I ride it to its limit or anything. 1190 got smoother engine and will do touring ,enduro better

I don't understand why such a loser comment from you ?
You made some pretty stiff comments further back in this thread indicating far more of a ride/knowledge than you just owned up to and you are indicating the much heavier 1190 r will be better off road than the much lighter and more bush bashing capable bike being the SE ?

For thumping a bike around in the sticks all day simplicity and lesser weight will be a huge advantage which ever way you look at it.

You may wish to reconsider how you write it with a voice or authority or an opinion based on small rides and I certainly wouldn't be calling people dicks based on what you wrote...better check the mirror first!!

You may like 950 but 1190 is far too good to even compare with 950 se
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #48
Jaimoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,221
Quote:
Yes I test ride 950 se great bike but I ride it on road
Superb. that's where it belongs: hence the name, SE

Quote:
1190 got smoother engine and will do touring ,enduro better that's all I believe
So you say that even though you didn't ride the SE off road, you think the 40 cm shorter susp travel and 40 kg heavier 1190 is a better enduro bike. Awesome.

Quote:
I don't understand why such a loser comment from you ?
Sorry, I tried to make it easy for you to understand. I failed. My bad.

Quote:
Are you trying to be a dick or are you a dick?
No, just a normal guy tired of your bullshit.

2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2012 Yamaha BWs 125
Jaimoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #49
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
I wasn't gonna come back on here but hey .... I agree 100% with with this question then saw Tancakars reply

You made some pretty stiff comments further back in this thread indicating far more of a ride/knowledge than you just owned up to and you are indicating the much heavier 1190 r will be better off road than the much lighter and more bush bashing capable bike being the SE ?

For thumping a bike around in the sticks all day simplicity and lesser weight will be a huge advantage which ever way you look at it.

You may wish to reconsider how you write it with a voice or authority or an opinion based on small rides and I certainly wouldn't be calling people dicks based on what you wrote...better check the mirror first!!

You may like 950 but 1190 is far too good to even compare with 950 se

Doesn't make any difference 1190r got technology 950 doesn't have ,1190r got the horse power 950 doesn't have ,1190r got the smoother engine 950 doesn't have . 950 se is a good bike but you shouldn't compare with the 1190r . Th are both different league !

Even the engineering on 1190 adventure isn't comparable with 950 se.
I agree you need to have less weight for offroad but if you really codcern about weight 950 isn't the lightest out there.ok lighter then 1190 but not lightest.

There are lighter enduro bikes for dirt in ktm range as you all know. 1190 got a lot to offer about the touring as well, for me more then 950se.

The 950se.i test ridden was very hard and nothing was aerodynamic about. At 70 mph the engine was so much vibrating my hands gets funny. The wind hits you like you are on a naked bike. It's uncomfortable cant really carry pillion as nice as 1190r .shaky old v-twin. so there is only one thing IT MAY DO WELL, off road. If you just buying it for off road what about buying a 450 ?

So my point is there is an inmate here wants answers and try to compare this two bike yes of course he didn't try the 1190r yet,i think he wouldn't compare with 950 se if he would have ride it.

Always there is this problem 950 owners thinks 990 is shit, 990 owners thinks 1190 is shit. Now 950 owners also thinks 1190 is shit as well. People here got a problem with new things? New bikes or technology? Or do they need to grow up and don't throw shit to the new bikes.

At the end of the day Ktm is very capable bike as owners of ktm we are all bikers and know biking very well. Majority of ktm riders are not season riders they ride all year around. Well I hope so. Because then what is the difference in between Harley riders and ktm riders.

Hope you understand ..
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #50
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 1,021
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #51
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,639
Quote:

Always there is this problem 950 owners thinks 990 is shit, 990 owners thinks 1190 is shit. Now 950 owners also thinks 1190 is shit as well. People here got a problem with new things? New bikes or technology? Or do they need to grow up and don't throw shit to the new bikes.

Hope you understand ..
No, I don't not once have I said they are shit, I would love a 990 Adv R and would really love the 1190 R.

Nothing wrong with new technology but time has proven simplicity will be better than technology in the rougher conditions.

Your stern words are a little unfounded again, time to give up and be happy with your ride as we are with ours.
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #52
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
Quote:
Doesn't make any difference 1190r got technology 950 doesn't have ,1190r got the horse power 950 doesn't have ,1190r got the smoother engine 950 doesn't have . 950 se is a good bike but you shouldn't compare with the 1190r . Th are both different league !

I agree you need to have less weight for offroad but if you really codcern about weight 950 isn't the lightest out there.ok lighter then 1190 but not lightest.

There are lighter enduro bikes for dirt in ktm range as you all know. 1190 got a lot to offer about the touring as well, for me more then 950se.

The 950se.i test ridden was very hard and nothing was aerodynamic about. At 70 mph the engine was so much vibrating my hands gets funny. The wind hits you like you are on a naked bike. It's uncomfortable cant really carry pillion as nice as 1190r .shaky old v-twin. so there is only one thing IT MAY DO WELL, off road. If you just buying it for off road what about buying a 450 ?

So my point is there is an inmate here wants answers and try to compare this two bike yes of course he didn't try the 1190r yet,i think he wouldn't compare with 950 se if he would have ride it.

At the end of the day Ktm is very capable bike as owners of ktm we are all bikers and know biking very well. Majority of ktm riders are not season riders they ride all year around. Well I hope so. Because then what is the difference in between Harley riders and ktm riders.

Hope you understand ..
Jeez, Tan, any chance you are related to this guy?

12' KTM 690 Enduro R Evo2
RoteEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #53
Lee990Adventure
Lee1190Adventure

Oddometer: 22
Whoa

From my perspective, if you kind Gentlemen will excuse the 4-wheel analogy, 950SE = Bowler Wildcat/Nemesis, 1190R = Cayenne

Having ridden the 950SE on a KTM test day at Ciopani mx track a few years ago (when i owned a 450EXCR) i believe it is an astononishing piece of equipment, suspension is well damped, long travel and capeable of absorbing jumps, ruts, berms etc - but a Stock one wouldnt be much fun on a long motorway or highway haul - the 1190R would be - different horses for different courses. Have a Stock 1190Adv like Tancakar, rode it Off road on Salisbury plain last week, Better than my 80% road / 20% Off-road expectations Led me to believe but not in the same league as a 950SE Off road - but that would not have hit 160+ mph on the way home either. Or as comfortable.

All bikes are a compromise, just choose the one that suits you, and what you want to do with it, most often - great to have the choice isnt it?
Lee990Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #54
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Quote:

Hope you understand ..
Just to comment on that point, the rest of your post is way out of wack as useuall but im not even gonna bother with that.

950se Has the LC8 engine. Good balance between road and offroad, notice the SuperEnduro name. ;) Hell throw some 17"ers on it and you got a SuperMotard.
A 450 RFS engine is way out in the offroad category, far from very roadcapable. Ever tried to chew miles on a KTM 450? Ever maintained a 450? Oil changes and valve adjustments intervals are suggested in HOURS, not miles, HOURS!
That is why people go for the 950SE for offroading, because they can also chew trough allot of miles without the maintenance intervals of a RFS 450.
Not even gonna start on the comfort advantage of the 950SE compared to a 450...

If you're gonna go rough you do want a lightweight bike, but you don't want the intervals of a 450 over the LC8 for trips. 950SE > everything else

990 ain't shit, 1190 ain't shit, they all have their pro's and con's, so do the 950's. Read for once instead of making stuff up all the time and learn to broider...
'00 KTM 250sx -- '03 KTM 450sx -- '03 Yamaha R6 -- '08 KTM SuperDuke R --- '13 KTM 690 enduro R
Katoom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #55
triplenickel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,422
He can't be for real can he?

PG007
"Up there where you eat moose-cock you must all be rockets scientists."
triplenickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #56
Frog uk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplenickel View Post
He can't be for real can he?
Most entertaining guy on here.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
Frog uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #57
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Decide if you want to suffer a little on the long slab and have a better bike off road or if you want to be more comfortable on the slab and less comfortable off road.

My SE is more comfortable on the slab than my Adventure ever was and judging by the "faring" on the 1190 I doubt that's changed much.

And Tancakar, Ghoti, et al, please dial it back it a notch. It's just the internet. Besides, we all know the SE is the superior bike.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:48 AM   #58
PPiA
Pete

Oddometer: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog uk View Post
Most entertaining guy on here.
This.
PPiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #59
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,763
Tancaker? Are you sure your in the right forum? Your comments sound more like a BMW rider not someone that rides a KTM. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #60
SurfnnRide OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
This is exactly what I'm thinking. 18K shiny new heavy bike that I'm going to crash/dump going up stuff I shouldn't be or $8,500 used bike that I can crash and still pick up on hill.

Don't really feel like dead lifting 560 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown101 View Post
Exactly.

Given the same rider the 1190 will smoke the 950 (or 990) anywhere the HP can be put to use.

Given the same rider the 950 will go places the 1190 won't. (950 wins on suspension travel, ground clearance, and wheelbase)

I'd opt for the 1190 in a heartbeat if I could promise myself not to take it places I shouldn't. But alas, I really suck at keeping promises to myself or my bikes. Ask my poor 990 SMT. :(

2014 Uganda to South Africa and Back! http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=966306
SurfnnRide is offline   Reply With Quote