ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Start a South Florida Adv Club
Yes 43 82.69%
No 9 17.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #16
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer
 
FLARider1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Homestead, Florida
Oddometer: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Maybe you missed my brief post/picture about part of the ride I did last Thursday http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=5360
You can see the Sargeant and the white piping I chose there.

Still want to meet ya and ride.

When's the next Thursday you'll have off?

I did saw that pic, but didn't pick up on the seat......nice bike!!!


oh and is talking about bikes really bullshit?????????????????? last I checked this was a motorcyle forum?
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #17
Sfladvrider OP
Mr.n00b
 
Sfladvrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: South Florida
Oddometer: 164
Im trying to keep the posts down to just what is specified so i can organize a ride but if everyone is gonna fight me on it , i guess ill just nuke the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLARider1 View Post
I did saw that pic, but didn't pick up on the seat......nice bike!!!


oh and is talking about bikes really bullshit?????????????????? last I checked this was a motorcyle forum?
__________________
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

R.I.P '88 Honda cb1, '07 Honda crf 230, '12 Honda cbr 600rr

USCG 100 ton captain , Padi Divemaster , EMT (future paramedic) , FL Waterman .
Sfladvrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:37 AM   #18
Rambo1
Adventurer
 
Rambo1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Oddometer: 98
Rambo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #19
FL Pepper
OMGWTFFTW
 
FL Pepper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: The Central Ridge
Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfladvrider View Post
Im trying to keep the posts down to just what is specified
You totally don't get the ADV experience.
__________________
2008 Yamaha WR250R
2001 Westfield Celebration
New ADVmonster Website
Central Sandbox Tag-O-Rama Maps
FL Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #20
Sfladvrider OP
Mr.n00b
 
Sfladvrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: South Florida
Oddometer: 164
Ok I guess not , I just want to get an idea of what riding everyone wants to do

All I'm asking is to post by the guide lines, so I can get an idea of skill level where everyone lives so I can set a meet up point and a place to ride, I was trying to get a weekly ride together.

And if you don't want to be apart of it that's fine but don't try and tell me I don't get it when I'm trying to do something productive and try and have some fun and get a group together that are like minded individuals.

Thought a group of adventure riders would be up for a good ride and a good party
__________________
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

R.I.P '88 Honda cb1, '07 Honda crf 230, '12 Honda cbr 600rr

USCG 100 ton captain , Padi Divemaster , EMT (future paramedic) , FL Waterman .
Sfladvrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #21
DandM
Studly Adventurer
 
DandM's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Floriduh AKA Flatistan
Oddometer: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfladvrider View Post
Ok I guess not , I just want to get an idea of what riding everyone wants to do

All I'm asking is to post by the guide lines, so I can get an idea of skill level where everyone lives so I can set a meet up point and a place to ride, I was trying to get a weekly ride together.

And if you don't want to be apart of it that's fine but don't try and tell me I don't get it when I'm trying to do something productive and try and have some fun and get a group together that are like minded individuals.

Thought a group of adventure riders would be up for a good ride and a good party
Don't take any of their Shit.
Just demand they fill in the blanks:
Name
DOB
SSN
CC of Motorcycle
Brand of Motorcycle
Tires on Motorcycle
Days Available
Times Available
Can you cook
Etc.
Get Tough!
DandM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #22
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr
 
Dr.Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Central FL
Oddometer: 9,920
__________________
Stay half-assed, my friends. -- Mike West

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #23
Sfladvrider OP
Mr.n00b
 
Sfladvrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: South Florida
Oddometer: 164
alright alright .... I get it.

__________________
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

R.I.P '88 Honda cb1, '07 Honda crf 230, '12 Honda cbr 600rr

USCG 100 ton captain , Padi Divemaster , EMT (future paramedic) , FL Waterman .
Sfladvrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #24
3spoke
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Jupiter, Fl
Oddometer: 41
Ride Sunday morning? I'll be at gas station Beeline and Pratt Whitney 9 am
__________________
2011 GSA
3spoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #25
Sfladvrider OP
Mr.n00b
 
Sfladvrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: South Florida
Oddometer: 164
roger that ill see you there
__________________
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

R.I.P '88 Honda cb1, '07 Honda crf 230, '12 Honda cbr 600rr

USCG 100 ton captain , Padi Divemaster , EMT (future paramedic) , FL Waterman .
Sfladvrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #26
TAS
Gnarly Adventurer
 
TAS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL
Oddometer: 489
1. tell us your in and where your located (so we can get an idea for some kind of neutral meeting ground)
I'm in.
Located in Port Saint Lucie

2. Post The day Thats best (my guess its between Saturday & Sunday )
Either Saturday or Sunday although Sunday is typically better.

3.Give us an idea of where you want to ride, And type of Terrain.
I ride a Triumph Tiger 800xc. 85 mile a day commute on I95 and packed / loose sand roads along the many orange groves in our area. Capable of venturing further off road. Been riding dirt for 43 years, street 30 years, dual sporting since 1981.

Subscribed...
TAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #27
Sfladvrider OP
Mr.n00b
 
Sfladvrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: South Florida
Oddometer: 164
Alright , welcome to the group.

I think we got a sunday morning ride going this sunday.

shell station beeline highway near the race track . we were gonna meet up at 9 but im sure we can push it back if you wanna join

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAS View Post
1. tell us your in and where your located (so we can get an idea for some kind of neutral meeting ground)
I'm in.
Located in Port Saint Lucie

2. Post The day Thats best (my guess its between Saturday & Sunday )
Either Saturday or Sunday although Sunday is typically better.

3.Give us an idea of where you want to ride, And type of Terrain.
I ride a Triumph Tiger 800xc. 85 mile a day commute on I95 and packed / loose sand roads along the many orange groves in our area. Capable of venturing further off road. Been riding dirt for 43 years, street 30 years, dual sporting since 1981.

Subscribed...
__________________
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

R.I.P '88 Honda cb1, '07 Honda crf 230, '12 Honda cbr 600rr

USCG 100 ton captain , Padi Divemaster , EMT (future paramedic) , FL Waterman .
Sfladvrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #28
Merckx the Cannibal
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Palm Beach County, Fla.
Oddometer: 91
Cool. I'll be there if it's OK with Mrs. Merckx. Any notion how long we'll be gone?

Hey, Mambo Dave! I sold you that Corbin saddle for the EX500 a couple of years ago. Hope to see you there.
Merckx the Cannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #29
TAS
Gnarly Adventurer
 
TAS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL
Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfladvrider View Post
Alright , welcome to the group.

I think we got a sunday morning ride going this sunday.

shell station beeline highway near the race track . we were gonna meet up at 9 but im sure we can push it back if you wanna join
Sorry, no riding tomorrow. Got a family member in the hospital. Keep me posted!
TAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #30
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer
 
Mambo Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Oddometer: 4,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merckx the Cannibal View Post
Cool. I'll be there if it's OK with Mrs. Merckx. Any notion how long we'll be gone?

Hey, Mambo Dave! I sold you that Corbin saddle for the EX500 a couple of years ago. Hope to see you there.
Holy cow!

HOLY COW!

LOL, brother, that's hilarious how we're in the same forum again.

Man, the B-line is a long way to ride up. Granted, I very well may want to do it, but if tomorrow is nice I also really want to get started bending tubing and making a pannier rack for the DR650.

I still have your old saddle, but the EX500 had a problem that I just haven't had the time to fix yet. The trip i made with it and the saddle, though, was a great over 1000 mile trip ... and I couldn't have done it without that saddle.

Gosh I love Corbin saddles.
__________________
"After reading through this thread I've come to the conclusion
that more people cruise the internet looking for reasons why
X bike won't work in Y scenario rather than actually riding
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014