View Results: Start a South Florida Adv Club
Yes 43 82.69%
No 9 17.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #31
Sfladvrider OP
Mr.n00b

Oddometer: 164
No idea how long we'll be gone. just gonna meet and ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merckx the Cannibal View Post
Cool. I'll be there if it's OK with Mrs. Merckx. Any notion how long we'll be gone?

Hey, Mambo Dave! I sold you that Corbin saddle for the EX500 a couple of years ago. Hope to see you there.

R.I.P '88 Honda cb1, '07 Honda crf 230, '12 Honda cbr 600rr

USCG 100 ton captain , Padi Divemaster , EMT (future paramedic) , FL Waterman .
Sfladvrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #32
Stromtrooper246
Lost again

Oddometer: 470
Keep me in the loop for future rides
13 Tiger 800
02 Guzzi V11 Tenni *T105*
Stromtrooper246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #33
Stromtrooper246
Lost again

Good riding with you guys today. Wouldn't you know it, that after getting drenched on Indiantown Road, it was bone-dry on my street.. Two blocks north.
13 Tiger 800
Old 09-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #34
Sfladvrider OP
Mr.n00b

Great ride and better food, I think we should get that mild off road ride going for next weekend

Ps. Oldbuzzard get to a chiropractor

Old 09-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #35
3spoke
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Yep, good meeting, eating and riding with you' all. Rain stopped for me just South of Indiantown rd.
Ride next weekend sounds good.

John
Old 09-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #36
Rambo1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
any thoughts riding south?
Rambo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #37
Stromtrooper246
Lost again

Working on a route that would start on the Miami Canal road just south of the lake and run southwest.
13 Tiger 800
Old 09-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #38
Rambo1
Adventurer

im in, what day are you thinking?
Old 09-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #39
Sfladvrider OP
Mr.n00b

im thinking sunday , any objections ?

Old 09-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #40
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromtrooper246 View Post
Working on a route that would start on the Miami Canal road just south of the lake and run southwest.
Miami Canal road down to the pump station. Cross the canal and go around the pump station. Stay straight with the next canal to your right. Continue on that route until you come to a point where the trail will bear a hard right and cross a bridge. Bridge is a good water break and pic stop, usually a couple of locals swimming by! As you come off the bridge the trail will zig/zag and then go off to your left. Follow that until you come to a cross road that has railroad and a bridge. Go to the right over the bridge. You can go straight, ride up on the berm, for a while until you get to where they took out a bridge. The ride on the berm has some cool photo ops and old manual locks and a good view across the 'glades, but you will have to backtrack to the rail crossing. After you cross the canal, take an immediate left and follow that road. Be careful through here, can be heavily traveled by sugar cane trucks. Follow this road until the next bridge over the canal, follow over the bridge to your left and then right onto the canal road. This road will take you to black top just outside of Clewiston. At the crossroad stop sign, post office on the corner, take a left. Follow till you reach 27. Turn left onto 27 into Clewiston. Head to Roland Martins Tiki Bar for lunch, google Clewiston and drill down on the east side of town right on the main canal and you will find it. After lunch go back to 27 and hang a left going back out of town the way you came in. Just as you get out of town, on a bend, there is a gas station. Make that your fuel stop. Exit to the right out of the gas station on the small side road, old state route 80. Follow that to the first stop sign and hang a right onto 835. Follow 835 for many miles. Fun road, lots of places to open it up and some good 90 degree turns. Follow 835 to Government road/Josie Billie Road, it will be a stop sign at a 'T'. Take a left to the south and towards the Seminole Reservation. Go through the reservation community. As you are exiting the community you will cross a canal, take the right just after the canal, there is a blue roofed convenience store on the corner also. Keep following this route, it goes from blacktop to packed sand/dirt. It can get slippery if its raining, but FL Pepper did it on a Ninja so in the rain so don't be scared (yes there is a story behind that one). Follow the dirt till the 'T' Hang a left at the 't'. Follow it back to the blacktop, which is back to Government road. Take a left and then a quick right onto a gravel road. Follow this a couple of miles and it will cross the canal at a pump station. When you come off the pump station stay going straight with the canal to your right. This will eventually take you back to the pump station you first crossed coming off Miami Canal road.

This whole route is a full day if you linger a bit for lunch and stop for pics. Its not real challenging, but it gets you off pavement and into the 'glades. From my house in Homestead is around a 300 mile day. We would normally all meet at Holiday Park off 27 at Griffin Road around 9am. Kickstands up by about 0930. Gas is available right at Highway 27 Bar/Gas right by Griffin Road, again in Clewiston, then on the reservation and then not again until you are back at Griffin Road.

If you want a really long day you can take the right back onto Government Road and head south on what is called Snake Road. This will take you I-75. Go west on I-75 to 29. Go south on 29. Once you are almost back to Tamiami Trail you have two choices for more dirt. Go west on Janes Scenic Drive. Janes will take you into the Squares. Its probably still to wet to do Janes and the Squares, that is winter riding out in there. Second choice is to go east on Wagon Wheel Road, follow it until the 'T' and take a left. This will take you to Turner River Road. Right turn takes you back to Tamiami Trail, left goes up to the end of the road. You will find a gate up there that requires the offroad park pass, which you can't get for a motorcycle. Its cool to ride up and back, some pretty big 'gators hang out up that way. Then head south back to Tamiami Trail. If you need gas again, its a short way back to the west, for the intersection with 29, there is fuel there. Then head east on Taimami Trail to Monroe Station and hang a right onto Loop Road. Follow Loop Road back to Tamiami Trail. As you come out of the woods and return to blacktop on Loop Road look on your right for a property with a very high wood fence and an old scooter mounted into the fence. IF the gate is open go in and pay Luck Cole and his wife a visit. Cold brews and chili available for a 'donation', along with interesting converstation and 'collectibles' to look at. IF they are open, its a must stop. Usually only open after Noon on Saturday and Sunday. Once you hit Tamiami take a right and head east. Dade Corners, at Tamiami and Krome, is a good break stop, bike friendly place. Taking this route is a very long day from and back to Homestead, especially if you linger at lunch.

I would go, but I have company this weekend, Petersons Poker Run next weekend and then company again the following weekend. Looking at October 5/6 before I can ride again.

BTW, when you look at this route on the map you will see tons of other roads. You can explore them if you want, but most are blocked by gates at one end or the other, or have no bridge over the next canal. This particular route has been mapped out by SanJoh and Oscar, so if you follow it you will get straight through, it you want to meander around then stray down the other canals, but watch your time and gas!!!!!

Sanjoh, SanPau, FL Pepper, Oscar, chime in if I missed a turn!!!

oh and no I don't have the GPS data.......just rode it a few times with SanJoh and SanPau and the group and have it memorized now. Plus you can follow this entire route on google maps/satellite and see all the bridges and the turns. Just find where Miami Canal Road ties up with 27.

FLARider1 screwed with this post 09-11-2013 at 10:42 AM
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #41
Rambo1
Adventurer

count me in on that ride FLArider1
Old 09-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #42
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo1 View Post
count me in on that ride FLArider1
Looks like storm trooper is trying to set up something. You should be able to print the route I described and follow it. It's gonna be a while before I can go.
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #43
Ed_in_miami
Cubicle Traveler

Oddometer: 1,258
Subscribed! Keep it up guys.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #44
Sfladvrider OP
Mr.n00b

STromtrooper are we taking that route or are we gonna do something else this weekend.

I'll try and map it out if that's the route everyone wants to take, or we can wait till flarider is ready and can lead the way?

its all up to everyone ... vote for the flarider route or a new route this weekend.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #45
Stromtrooper246
Lost again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfladvrider View Post
STromtrooper are we taking that route or are we gonna do something else this weekend.

I'll try and map it out if that's the route everyone wants to take, or we can wait till flarider is ready and can lead the way?

its all up to everyone ... vote for the flarider route or a new route this weekend.
I've been looking at about the same route but starting right outside of Clewiston. It would be the Miami Canal Rd south to Snake Rd. then to Big Cypress for lunch then back down Snake to I-75 and home from there. The trouble is that some of usblive north and some south. We could meet somewhere in-between or just meet in Big Cypress. The guys from the North Start in Clewiston and the guys from the South start in ????. This part I don't know because I've never done it from the south.
13 Tiger 800