ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Vankaye OP
n00b on the move

Oddometer: 220
Visiting from Florida

Hi Y'all!
I am thinking of bringing my wife and her [new to her} XT225 on a 3-4 day riding/camping/cabin trip somewhere in the smokey mountain region. We love the area and have spent time in Ashville, Cashiers, Cherokee, Pigeon Forge many many times.

My wife is pretty new to riding. Here in Florida she has been doing really well in the state parks riding fire-roads and some short trails between the FRs. I do not feel that she is ready to ride pavement or in traffic.

I would trailer the bikes and maybe camp or rent a cabin. I would love to have 2-3 days of dirt road riding that would be on her gradient. My question is where could we find some off road riding that would suit her needs? I'm pretty much open to any location. I'm looking to enjoy some mountains and autumn weather. (things we don't have in FL)

Thanks in Advance!
Vankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
skywayrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
I think you would both enjoy Tellico Plains, Tn. We are in the Cherokee Nat. Forest. Lots of miles graded gravel forest roads with lots of water falls mountain views. Lots of national forest campgrounds from primitive too full service with hot showers. Reasonable cabin rentals from minimal to grand at
"Mountain View Cabins" I'd be glad to show you around and put you on some great roads. PM me for more. Check out Tellico plains web site.
skywayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate

Oddometer: 7,931
Tellico Plains is a great area. You have Tellico Motorcycle Outfitter who is a great supporter of the industry and does a lot of trail maintenance. Tellico Grains Bakery is a fantastic place to eat. We have camped at Indian Boundary Campground on the Cherohalla several times as well as off the forest service roads in the area.

That said....North Georgia is great as well. TWO just reopened as Two Wheels of Suches and there are plenty of forest roads in that area. More traffic than Tellico Plains but good roads nonetheless.

If you would like to be in the Clayton GA area you are touching three states, multiple state parks, lots of waterfalls and great roads. If that is your interest let me know and I can send you some routes in the area.

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is offline   Reply With Quote