ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #31
BIG-E
AKA; Mongo-E
 
BIG-E's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
Now I'm definitely in! The rougher the better.
Famous last words......

I am most definitely NOT in for this! You guys take lots-O-pictures for me though.

Maybe Uncle Mil-T can run sweep for you guys??
__________________


"If my Technique Improves, so will my riding"!
BIG-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #32
Mil T
Studly Adventurer
 
Mil T's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Payson, AZ.
Oddometer: 621
I havn't seen a date yet? I would definitely be interested. Cherry creek is pretty easy from North to South to the first place you can get out of the canyon. Beyond that, I hear it's harder but not sure. I do know there are some awesome indian ruins in the rocks you have to walk to.
__________________
Mil T
Iron Horse Cowboy
Mil T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #33
2 SPOT
wannabe
 
2 SPOT's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: valley of the sunstroke, AZ
Oddometer: 3,023
lots and lots of ruins, here is just one, cool to walk through these things and see hand prints in the mud thousands of years old.



2 SPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #34
seabee1 OP
we build, we fight
 
seabee1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,478
man, can I get internet service there? i'll move in this week!
__________________
"If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective." Ted Nugent

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #35
seabee1 OP
we build, we fight
 
seabee1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil T View Post
I havn't seen a date yet? I would definitely be interested.
post # 18. October 20.
__________________
"If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective." Ted Nugent

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #36
Mil T
Studly Adventurer
 
Mil T's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Payson, AZ.
Oddometer: 621
Have you been to these? I've seen a report that it is challenging to get to them. I'd like to make an attempt one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
lots and lots of ruins, here is just one, cool to walk through these things and see hand prints in the mud thousands of years old.



__________________
Mil T
Iron Horse Cowboy
Mil T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #37
Mil T
Studly Adventurer
 
Mil T's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Payson, AZ.
Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee1 View Post
post # 18. October 20.
We have family coming in October but not sure when they will be here. Wifes family. I'll put it on the calendar and hope for the best.
Mil
__________________
Mil T
Iron Horse Cowboy
Mil T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #38
seabee1 OP
we build, we fight
 
seabee1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil T View Post
Have you been to these? I've seen a report that it is challenging to get to them. I'd like to make an attempt one of these days.
That would make another great exploration ride. Count me in when it happens.
__________________
"If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective." Ted Nugent

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #39
2 SPOT
wannabe
 
2 SPOT's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: valley of the sunstroke, AZ
Oddometer: 3,023
yes, been to many of them (those are my pics) the hikes are pretty strenuous because they are up on the canyon walls, but worth every step.
2 SPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #40
George 99
Studly Adventurer
 
George 99's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Kingman, Arizona
Oddometer: 772
AZBDR inaugural ride?

The Back Country Discovery Route web site still sez the AZ route "will be released to the public beginning of 2014." Anyone here have any more info?

I'm new to the off road ADV bunch, still working on my DRZ to get it ready for some ADVenturing. Looking to meet up with the more experienced folks here. My old XT350 never took me too far, hoping to change that with the Zook.
__________________
George
Sometimes in Kingman, Arizona
George 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #41
refokus
Just Learning
 
refokus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: North Phoenix
Oddometer: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by George 99 View Post
The Back Country Discovery Route web site still sez the AZ route "will be released to the public beginning of 2014." Anyone here have any more info?

I'm new to the off road ADV bunch, still working on my DRZ to get it ready for some ADVenturing. Looking to meet up with the more experienced folks here. My old XT350 never took me too far, hoping to change that with the Zook.
OK, so your new to the off road bunch, but with 400+ post not new to advrider. Please don't pollute the threads with questions that don't relate. Start a new thread!
__________________
"Single Trac is like Scotch, you have to aquire a taste for it!"

refokus screwed with this post 09-19-2013 at 03:12 PM
refokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #42
seabee1 OP
we build, we fight
 
seabee1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by refokus View Post
OK, so your new to the off road bunch, but with 400+ post not new to advrider. Please don't pollute the threads with questions that don't relate. Start a new thread!
Damn, brad. Sickem!
__________________
"If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective." Ted Nugent

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #43
4play
Next?
 
4play's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Avondale, AZ
Oddometer: 2,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee1 View Post
Damn, brad. Sickem!
He acts this way for a few days about once a month
__________________
Seabee1 "Cute like baby rabbits"
4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #44
refokus
Just Learning
 
refokus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: North Phoenix
Oddometer: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4play View Post
He acts this way for a few days about once a month
and it is that time of the month.

Having to go to the Dr this morning to get more needles poked in my eye and I must have had this on my mind yesterday............

The 20th will be a great day of riding and exploring.........Looking forward to this ride.
__________________
"Single Trac is like Scotch, you have to aquire a taste for it!"
refokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #45
4play
Next?
 
4play's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Avondale, AZ
Oddometer: 2,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by refokus View Post
and it is that time of the month.

Having to go to the Dr this morning to get more needles poked in my eye and I must have had this on my mind yesterday............

The 20th will be a great day of riding and exploring.........Looking forward to this ride.
That'd make me grumpy too, hope it goes as well as a needle in the eye can.
__________________
Seabee1 "Cute like baby rabbits"
4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014