ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
IrishJohn OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: St Louis MO
Oddometer: 71
Stuntriding retards

All the 'brave' and 'skilled' asshole's stunting on the highways in St Louis at the weekend - thanks for scaring the shit out of motorists, pissing off the cops and general public and making life even more hassle for those of us who enjoy riding our bikes for the sake of it - not trying to compensate for out acne'd, pot bellied, short-dicked personas like you lot.

I will be in my SUV next year - try your dangerous crap around me then ; )
__________________
Irish John
IrishJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
operose
Mama tried
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: "upper upstate" NY
Oddometer: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJohn View Post
I will be in my SUV next year - try your dangerous crap around me then ; )
Hey that's not really very cool, Johnny. No need to go all schwarzeneger terminator road rage on these guys and run them over with an SUV just because they are immature.

Make it a fair fight and try to beat them up while you're riding on a bike next to them. They might kick your ass though from all that Stunta practice
operose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
KX50002
NooB, my ass
 
KX50002's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: NEPA
Oddometer: 1,747
You forgot:
__________________
SOTGMOTT Some Of The Gear Most Of The Time
KX50002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor
 
hooliken's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Smithfield, VA
Oddometer: 2,777
FAIL! No sweet Stunta vids.
__________________
"People in this country sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
950R Super Enduro - 450EXC - Gas Gas TXT 280 - 2000 Honda XR100R - 1988 Honda Z50R
hooliken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
Nd2Roam
Charleston, WV
 
Nd2Roam's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Charleston, WV
Oddometer: 383
I watch the videos in the same manner I'd watch a train wreck. Now Youtube suggests all of them to me and I'm sure the Govt. has me profiled as a hooligan.

Now for a video with some urban ADV riding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw1kpR3pHc0
__________________
John
07 DL650
Nd2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
ThumperStorm
Beastly Adventurer
 
ThumperStorm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: St. Cloud, Minnesota
Oddometer: 1,118
Not the best rant I've heard.
__________________
"Maybe you ain't in a rut, maybe you're in a ditch, way over your head." Don Marshall
ThumperStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor
 
hooliken's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Smithfield, VA
Oddometer: 2,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nd2Roam View Post
I watch the videos in the same manner I'd watch a train wreck. Now Youtube suggests all of them to me and I'm sure the Govt. has me profiled as a hooligan.

Now for a video with some urban ADV riding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw1kpR3pHc0
I do believe I just lost some riding IQ points watching that. Obviously they need the "Biker Boyz" drag racing on dirt class.
__________________
"People in this country sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
950R Super Enduro - 450EXC - Gas Gas TXT 280 - 2000 Honda XR100R - 1988 Honda Z50R
hooliken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #8
corndog67
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Oddometer: 1,281
You're going to run them over because you don't like them. That's a pretty smart statement.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #9
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 9,034
Not even a 1. I give it maybe a .25.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer
 
DudeClone's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: here, there, everywhere
Oddometer: 1,646
i don't mind stunt riders in the streets from time to time. if it makes people generalize and put ALL riders in the same "asshole" category that is the the problem of those people, not the riders. and certainly not that of riders who don't stunt. we need not join a fray against fellow riders. even if young riders

maybe you can spend even less time in the SUV, or not have an attitude just cuz you drive one?
__________________
bikes
DudeClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #11
Andyvh1959
Cheesehead Klompen
 
Andyvh1959's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Da frozen tundra eh? 1.5 mile west of Lambeau
Oddometer: 657
I have NO tolerance whatsoever for stunters on the streets and highways. If we "don't mind them" then we are to blame as much for tolerating what our fellow cycle riders are doing to make it worse for all of us. Hey, I've done an occassional burnout or wheelie, I have gone over 125 mph on rare occassion, but always where I don't endanger or enrage anyone. Been riding for over 40 years and 250,000 miles, so maybe I got nothing to show off anymore? At 55 I'm still dirt riding, ice racing, almost a week doesn't go by that I don't exceed the speed limit enough to cost me a bunch if an officer happens by. But I don't do it around others or in traffic.

Stunters have unique skills, I'll give em that, just keep it off the friggin streets and highways. What these road vermin (I won't call them motorcyclists or bikers) want is attention and nothing more, like little boys yelling, "Mommy watch me, mommy, MOMMY!!" When I see a youtube video of these idiots crash their bikes I simply laugh hard and hope they enjoy the pain, especialy when they have to ask mommy to help them wipe their ass because their hands are all messed up.

What I have seen of the youtube vids is simply assinine and unlawful, restricting traffic, bikes ALL over multiple lanes and shoulders, harrasing other drivers and police, going the friggin wrong way on the shoulders, they should all be fined. It pisses off the cops to the point they do dumb stuff like try to confiscate a rider's Gopro as evidence, even though he was doing nothing illegal. People will get injured or killed, just because these children feel it is their "right of expression." Bullshit, and grow up, take it to a private track. But that doesn't satisfy their "audience" needs I guess.

I posted a similar reply to one of the youtube vids, some little piss-ant told me to cool off, get laid more often (guess three to five times a week isn't enough, he may be right there), and that he thought the riders were cool. Online trolls. If I had a Gopro on me, and these stunters came around, I'd take it to the cops and turn the dipshits in with video evidence.
__________________
When life throws you a curve,.....lean into it!
42+ year rider, 22+ year MSF Coach, Street, Dirt, Ice, ride em all!

Andyvh1959 screwed with this post 09-04-2013 at 02:00 PM
Andyvh1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #12
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 50,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClone View Post
i don't mind stunt riders in the streets from time to time. if it makes people generalize and put ALL riders in the same "asshole" category that is the the problem of those people, not the riders. and certainly not that of riders who don't stunt. we need not join a fray against fellow riders. even if young riders

maybe you can spend even less time in the SUV, or not have an attitude just cuz you drive one?




Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #13
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer
 
DudeClone's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: here, there, everywhere
Oddometer: 1,646
did i say / post something not considered pc in the rider community? are stunt riders frowned upon? i really don't know being a fairly new rider

so i can just speak for myself. they do not bother me. i drove for years b4 i rode and they never bothered me. my biggest gripe was having some envy of riders in general, but thats another story

anyway riders never bothered me in that way even when holding up traffic. i honestly thought it was kind of...different. don't see it on the road everyday. not even in los angeles

maybe its where i grew up? lane splitters and all kinds of riders all over. l.a. is a car town, but also lots of bikes. the beaches, mountains, deserts all nearby. and people ride. some do wheelies and close down roads. some race honda civic's in the streets

anyway....i drove for 27 years b4 i rode and was never bothered. i think its ok sometimes. but thats just me

carry on
__________________
bikes
DudeClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #14
GoUglyEarly
Boots Still Clean
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Newt Jersey
Oddometer: 73
The Dude: "Ah, no that was the chief of police of Malibu. A real reactionary."
GoUglyEarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #15
Spacelord
Mutha Mutha
 
Spacelord's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Dawsonville Ga.
Oddometer: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyvh1959 View Post
I have NO tolerance whatsoever for stunters on the streets and highways. If we "don't mind them" then we are to blame as much for tolerating what our fellow cycle riders are doing to make it worse for all of us. Hey, I've done an occassional burnout or wheelie, I have gone over 125 mph on rare occassion, but always where I don't endanger or enrage anyone. Been riding for over 40 years and 250,000 miles, so maybe I got nothing to show off anymore? At 55 I'm still dirt riding, ice racing, almost a week doesn't go by that I don't exceed the speed limit enough to cost me a bunch if an officer happens by. But I don't do it around others or in traffic.

Stunters have unique skills, I'll give em that, just keep it off the friggin streets and highways. What these road vermin (I won't call them motorcyclists or bikers) want is attention and nothing more, like little boys yelling, "Mommy watch me, mommy, MOMMY!!" When I see a youtube video of these idiots crash their bikes I simply laugh hard and hope they enjoy the pain, especialy when they have to ask mommy to help them wipe their ass because their hands are all messed up.

What I have seen of the youtube vids is simply assinine and unlawful, restricting traffic, bikes ALL over multiple lanes and shoulders, harrasing other drivers and police, going the friggin wrong way on the shoulders, they should all be fined. It pisses off the cops to the point they do dumb stuff like try to confiscate a rider's Gopro as evidence, even though he was doing nothing illegal. People will get injured or killed, just because these children feel it is their "right of expression." Bullshit, and grow up, take it to a private track. But that doesn't satisfy their "audience" needs I guess.

I posted a similar reply to one of the youtube vids, some little piss-ant told me to cool off, get laid more often (guess three to five times a week isn't enough, he may be right there), and that he thought the riders were cool. Online trolls. If I had a Gopro on me, and these stunters came around, I'd take it to the cops and turn the dipshits in with video evidence.
Bullshit...

Nobody get laid 5 times a week and is this hostile. Lighten up you old curmudgeon before you have a stroke.
__________________
"I swear to god that I will beat you senseless with a sanka can before I die"
Spacelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014