Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #16
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

Oddometer: 3,643
No one on a motorcycle is my "brother", I am not responsible for any of those guys, just like I am not responsible for any other car driver just because I happen to drive a car.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJohn View Post
All the 'brave' and 'skilled' asshole's stunting on the highways in St Louis at the weekend - thanks for scaring the shit out of motorists, pissing off the cops and general public and making life even more hassle for those of us who enjoy riding our bikes for the sake of it - not trying to compensate for out acne'd, pot bellied, short-dicked personas like you lot.

I will be in my SUV next year - try your dangerous crap around me then ; )
You forgot "Twattwaffle"
Old 09-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #18
KustomizingKid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Everyone who hates wheelies are just mad because they can't wheelie
Old 09-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #19
Gonzoso
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
I got behind this guy on my way home from work, he was on a nice street bike. He was playing a bit and at the intersection to go to my house he did an endo, and turned the bike 90 degrees on the front tire, set the bike down and proceeded down the road.

I wanted to follow him and ride and see what else he would do but my grandma was up so I had to go to a family dinner.

It felt like a "Hey lets go play motorcycles" kind of moment but I had to go be lame.

I really don't have a problem with people stunting within reason in a safe place. If you put no one else at harm who cares?

I would certainly never even think of trying to hurt a fellow motorcyclist for such a thing. Perhaps the OP needs some psychiatric care and or medication?
Gonzoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #20
IrishJohn OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzoso View Post
I got behind this guy on my way home from work, he was on a nice street bike. He was playing a bit and at the intersection to go to my house he did an endo, and turned the bike 90 degrees on the front tire, set the bike down and proceeded down the road.

I wanted to follow him and ride and see what else he would do but my grandma was up so I had to go to a family dinner.

It felt like a "Hey lets go play motorcycles" kind of moment but I had to go be lame.

I really don't have a problem with people stunting within reason in a safe place. If you put no one else at harm who cares?

I would certainly never even think of trying to hurt a fellow motorcyclist for such a thing. Perhaps the OP needs some psychiatric care and or medication?
A- a Highway with heavy traffic is not a 'safe place' b_ the assholes jeering and laughing at cars with frightened kids and drivers in them is not 'play' C- Cut across me as close as you did again next year and I will not hit my brakes. People in St L are fed up and sickened by the ignorance and positively 'in your face' attitude of these losers. It's all about YOU supposedly - its also all about 'tolerance' until you are called out on your atrocious behaviour. Hope you fall on your ass 'playing' on your crotch rocket. Will probably fit in with you playing Cowboy with that wannabe hat you have - maybe you should consult a Psychiatrist
Old 09-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #21
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
Laugh

Quote:
A- a Highway with heavy traffic is not a 'safe place' b_ the assholes jeering and laughing at cars with frightened kids and drivers in them is not 'play' C- Cut across me as close as you did again next year and I will not hit my brakes. People in St L are fed up and sickened by the ignorance and positively 'in your face' attitude of these losers. It's all about YOU supposedly - its also all about 'tolerance' until you are called out on your atrocious behaviour. Hope you fall on your ass 'playing' on your crotch rocket. Will probably fit in with you playing Cowboy with that wannabe hat you have - maybe you should consult a Psychiatrist
Sounds like penis , I mean motorcycle envy.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #22
IrishJohn OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Sounds like penis , I mean motorcycle envy.
I guess you would know all about that - and while I am pretty new around here I know enough to know your input on any subject posted here is worthless. Go play troll with someone else loser ...hear that sound ? It's me putting you on 'ignore'
Old 09-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #23
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,501
Quote:
I guess you would know all about that - and while I am pretty new around here I know enough to know your input on any subject posted here is worthless. Go play troll with someone else loser ...hear that sound ? It's me putting you on 'ignore'
Old 09-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #24
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Sounds like I hit the (little) nail on the head. Yeah , you and the rest of the cool , double digit I Q squids.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #25
Kafn8td
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Damn, I have the douche blocked...oh well.

What I don't understand is how anyone would think stunting on a busy freeway is ok. Blocking traffic? Running from cops?
Kafn8td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #26
ThumperStorm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
Quote:
Wow! It's not that often that you meet someone who admits he is a potential murder. (Or worse, actually planning to do it.) And in writing no less. I guess that means 1st degree murder, right?

Missouri has the death penalty too!

I admit it, it's a little scary.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #27
gmk999
____ as a Rotax

Oddometer: 399
Pissed I love me some wheelies fo sho!!

But ...
I agree with the op (aside from the revenge/ vigilante part)
I was driving my truck on why 8 in ct. this weekend at about 75 mph when a young buck passed me on the right (3 lanes, i was center no one in left)
Shorts , tennies, tank top, and ray bans. only. He looked at me, stood on the pegs, then lifted the front wheel and took off speeding up to at least 80 and weaving through the three lanes and through sparse traffic .
I was sure he would end it (his life) there , I was nauseous watching him. and slowed to 50 to stay clear of the carnage. I got off the exit and took the slow way home as I had my 5y/o in the truck with me.

I couldn't believe that a rider with that skill didn't have any gear.Did he learn all that without ever dumping a bike? because I sure didn't. All I could think of while watching him blast ahead on one wheel, was I hope my kid doesn't see him die.
I'm still pissed at him for risking lives in front of my kid.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #28
IrishJohn OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperStorm View Post
Wow! It's not that often that you meet someone who admits he is a potential murder. (Or worse, actually planning to do it.) And in writing no less. I guess that means 1st degree murder, right?

Missouri has the death penalty too!

I admit it, it's a little scary.
I am simply stating that next year if the same occasion under the same circumstances arise I will NOT be stomping on my brakes when two fucktards decide to do a double-UE right in front of my fender.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #29
bbrz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
I have to agree with IrishJohn, not about running a biker down, but for those of you that do not live in the Midwest the "Ride of the Century" (google it) is the most insane thing that you will ever see. 1000+ stuntas taking over the highways for their own insanity. Sturgis is a pillow party compared to this. If you are riding, or in a cage with your family, trying to exit to get away from the "action" is a nightmare, at best. Ever had 75-100 cycles ignore the fact that you want to exit? Turn signals make you a hater. I do feel for those that lost their lives during this years event, it does in fact happen every year.
Show offs, what ya all think? If you will not allow me to get over next year, and miss my exit to get the hell out of your way, you sure as hell don't know how to ride a bicycle, let alone a stunta with your half naked girl standing on the seat.
bbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #30
Gonzoso
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Quote:

Lol I don't have a crotch rocket What do cowboys have to do with it?

Choke on a potato you drunken mick.
Gonzoso is offline   Reply With Quote