Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #46
infinityedge
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJohn View Post
Just as I will you when you end up sleeping on the streets/finally meeting someone whose sense of entitlement is even more grandiose than yours - see, our generation has some justification in being 'selfish' - we actually worked for what we have. Now, go play at Occupying Wall Street again or something and maybe some lunatic will actually pay for your college or condoms or whatever the heck it is you figure you are 'owed' by the very society you despise (but would not last ten days without )
infinityedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #47
Jnich77
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
Quote:
not trying to compensate for out acne'd, pot bellied, short-dicked personas like you lot.
Wait, are you talking about ADV or Harley riders?

Quote:
I will be in my SUV next year - try your dangerous crap around me then ; )

Have fun in prison, I hope you are a pillow biter, nobody likes a cry baby.
Jnich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #48
Jnich77
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyvh1959 View Post
I have NO tolerance whatsoever for stunters on the streets and highways. If we "don't mind them" then we are to blame as much for tolerating what our fellow cycle riders are doing to make it worse for all of us. Hey, I've done an occassional burnout or wheelie, I have gone over 125 mph on rare occassion, but always where I don't endanger or enrage anyone. Been riding for over 40 years and 250,000 miles, so maybe I got nothing to show off anymore? At 55 I'm still dirt riding, ice racing, almost a week doesn't go by that I don't exceed the speed limit enough to cost me a bunch if an officer happens by. But I don't do it around others or in traffic.

Stunters have unique skills, I'll give em that, just keep it off the friggin streets and highways. What these road vermin (I won't call them motorcyclists or bikers) want is attention and nothing more, like little boys yelling, "Mommy watch me, mommy, MOMMY!!" When I see a youtube video of these idiots crash their bikes I simply laugh hard and hope they enjoy the pain, especialy when they have to ask mommy to help them wipe their ass because their hands are all messed up.

What I have seen of the youtube vids is simply assinine and unlawful, restricting traffic, bikes ALL over multiple lanes and shoulders, harrasing other drivers and police, going the friggin wrong way on the shoulders, they should all be fined. It pisses off the cops to the point they do dumb stuff like try to confiscate a rider's Gopro as evidence, even though he was doing nothing illegal. People will get injured or killed, just because these children feel it is their "right of expression." Bullshit, and grow up, take it to a private track. But that doesn't satisfy their "audience" needs I guess.

I posted a similar reply to one of the youtube vids, some little piss-ant told me to cool off, get laid more often (guess three to five times a week isn't enough, he may be right there), and that he thought the riders were cool. Online trolls. If I had a Gopro on me, and these stunters came around, I'd take it to the cops and turn the dipshits in with video evidence.

Funny, I agree... except I have no tolerance for people who ride off road. Every single revolution of your tires damages the natural ecosystem and makes people think that we are nothing more than a bunch of classless rednecks who never grew up and still want to play in the mud. Little dick syndrome runs ramped and is only compensated by the amount of farkle and in extreme cases the ownership of multiple BMW's.

Not really, I just disagree with you and think you are a temperamental ass hole who needs to grow up and deal with his anger issues.

Jnich77 screwed with this post 09-05-2013 at 09:34 AM
Jnich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #49
GoUglyEarly
Boots Still Clean

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Just as I will you when you end up sleeping on the streets/finally meeting someone whose sense of entitlement is even more grandiose than yours - see, our generation has some justification in being 'selfish' - we actually worked for what we have. Now, go play at Occupying Wall Street again or something and maybe some lunatic will actually pay for your college or condoms or whatever the heck it is you figure you are 'owed' by the very society you despise (but would not last ten days without )
-Housing Bubble
-Iraq
-Afghanistan

You should shut your mouth and be ashamed of yourself quietly now after making that last comment.
GoUglyEarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #50
pjm204
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,892
I'm not a fan of stunting on the street but I am even less a fan of SUV's. I don't own a car and have no desire to own one. I think a lot of people should do more riding and less ranting.
Past bikes: XT225, TTR125, '04 CRF50 '74 DT125,'70 TS250,'85 v45, '89 zx600c, '78 GS400x, '99 GS500E, '01 GS500E '05 Z750s, '77 GS400e, '82 GS1100ez, '97 GSX600, '07 VFR800, '03 KLR650, '03 FJR1300, '06 DL1000, '00 KLR650, '99 WR360, '08 DL650, '05 DR650, '08 EX650r, '96 CR500, '82 GS450T, '06 Ural
pjm204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #51
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm204 View Post
I'm not a fan of stunting on the street but I am even less a fan of SUV's. I don't own a car and have no desire to own one. I think a lot of people should do more riding and less ranting.
get the hell out of here with your common sense and logical response!!

I don't worry about other bikes around me. You hear them coming and if you see a group, signal and slowly get out of their way (no sudden movements).

if a group just heated up the highway doing stunts, I usually find an alternate route as the last thing I want to spend my time doing is explaining to the officer that "caught up to me" what I was doing.

Yes, we have big rides of stunters out here too.

If the OP doesn't like that scene on the highway, get off and take the slower roads. Cars race on the highway too meaning it isn't just bikes. Maybe the highway isn't the place to ride with loved ones onboard your bike? I know I don't take my kid or wife on the main highways.
SilkMoneyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #52
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkMoneyLove View Post
get the hell out of here with your common sense and logical response!!

I don't worry about other bikes around me. You hear them coming and if you see a group, signal and slowly get out of their way (no sudden movements).

if a group just heated up the highway doing stunts, I usually find an alternate route as the last thing I want to spend my time doing is explaining to the officer that "caught up to me" what I was doing.

Yes, we have big rides of stunters out here too.

If the OP doesn't like that scene on the highway, get off and take the slower roads. Cars race on the highway too meaning it isn't just bikes. Maybe the highway isn't the place to ride with loved ones onboard your bike? I know I don't take my kid or wife on the main highways.
So you think the highway is an appropriate place to do stunting, traffic or not? Just trying to understand what you are saying.

jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #53
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
So you think the highway is an appropriate place to do stunting, traffic or not? Just trying to understand what you are saying.

jim
I am saying you cannot control others, but you can control yourself and you can choose better roads to ride for the conditions.

Sounds like the ROC happens every year, probably about the same time = easy to avoid.

I generally don't care too much about what others do. There are plenty of cops around here and they are free to do their job.

Riding is a thinking person's sport. Stunting...well, I stay out of their way
Old 09-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #54
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
I am saying you cannot control others, but you can control yourself and you can choose better roads to ride for the conditions.

Sounds like the ROC happens every year, probably about the same time = easy to avoid.

I generally don't care too much about what others do. There are plenty of cops around here and they are free to do their job.

Riding is a thinking person's sport. Stunting...well, I stay out of their way
Pretty good avoidance of the question!

IMHO stunting on the road is dangerous to the rider, dangerous to other road users, and a good way to have to police take it out on anyone doing anything even resembling stunting, no matter how innocent.

Just because it "doesn't bother you" doesn't make it right, legal or safe. One of these days a kid will be killed by a stunter and there will be new and more restrictive laws passed against the rest of us innocent riders who, mostly, stay within the rules and ride safely in traffic.

Jim
Old 09-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #55
ThumperStorm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoUglyEarly View Post
-Housing Bubble
-Iraq
-Afghanistan

You should shut your mouth and be ashamed of yourself quietly now after making that last comment.
Maybe try comparing the Vietnam war against Iraq and Afghanistan. Those Vietnam vets had it bad in a lot of different ways. Still do.

I had a nephew in Afghanistan so I am not making light of their problems.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #56
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

IMHO stunting on the road is dangerous to the rider, dangerous to other road users, and a good way to have to police take it out on anyone doing anything even resembling stunting, no matter how innocent.

Just because it "doesn't bother you" doesn't make it right, legal or safe. One of these days a kid will be killed by a stunter and there will be new and more restrictive laws passed against the rest of us innocent riders who, mostly, stay within the rules and ride safely in traffic.

Jim
You never speed Jim? Obey all traffic laws at all times (never once passed a slower vehicle on the double yellow)?

I am not saying I condone stunting, but I do as much to fight it as you do, which is to say, nothing more than poo poo it on the internet.

My opinion on stunting is that it should not be done where it is dangerous to others. Generally - Your right to go crazy stops when it impacts someone else.

I always obey all traffic laws at all times as do the rest of us here on a public forum...unless I am in Canada, then it is Go time
Old 09-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #57
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:

Jim
Quote:
You never speed Jim? Obey all traffic laws at all times (never once passed a slower vehicle on the double yellow)?

I am not saying I condone stunting, but I do as much to fight it as you do, which is to say, nothing more than poo poo it on the internet.

My opinion on stunting is that it should not be done where it is dangerous to others. Generally - Your right to go crazy stops when it impacts someone else.

I always obey all traffic laws at all times as do the rest of us here on a public forum...unless I am in Canada, then it is Go time
Obviously you missed the "mostly" in my response.

However, thanks for finally making your position clear. Now was that so hard?

BTW I agree with your position!

Jim
Old 09-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #58
Wraith Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Is there any case of a cager ever been injured by a stunter on the highway?
Is there any other reason why it could not be right?
How does "legal" matter?
Old 09-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #59
Gonzoso
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Better than what you probably gag on you shirt-tail lifter.
Shirt tail lifter?

All this talk about folks sexuality, wanting to run down folks, hoping people become poor and live in a gutter, I think you need to get laid old man.

Man or woman, either way just don't mention it here in case I've recently eaten.
Gonzoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #60
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
I see stunters on the road maybe a couple times a year here in the PNW, don't give them any thought beyond thinking "what an asshole " as they go by, and they are forgotten again.
In the bigger scheme of things, popping a wheelie or doing a stoppie may not be the wisest thing to do, but not exactly a crime against humanity.

On the other hand there are times when riders get out of hand and that is a real issue. I personally saw the aftermath of a sportbike hitting a child on a bicycle, witnesses said they were racing at very high speeds, thats something you never forget.

I have absolutly no regard for people who destroy property, threaten and intimidate, cause harm, or expose others to grave risk for their own entertainment, they are one short step up from those who prey on children or the elderly.

Causing harm to another person for any reason other than defending yourself or yours is wrong, and I would not do it, but will admit there are people who would recieve no sympithy or assistance from me if they suffered the consequences of their antisocial acts.