Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #61
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith Rider View Post
Is there any case of a cager ever been injured by a stunter on the highway?
Yes
Is there any other reason why it could not be right?
How does "legal" matter?
Roads are public property, the public gets to collectively say whats acceptable and establish standards through their elected representatives.
Think of it as having a guest in your house,
You want their visit to be pleasant, you don't expect them to adopt all your personal beliefs and standards, but you wouldn't allow them put their dirty feet on your dining room table or take a shit on your living room carpet would you?

Civilized societies have rules and conventions because individuals sometimes lack the wisdom and judgment to exercise reasonable self control.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #62
henshao
Bained

Oddometer: 398
Man, I sure give a fuck about all those people doing shit that doesn't affect me one way or the other.
henshao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:52 PM   #63
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
I see stunters on the road maybe a couple times a year here in the PNW, don't give them any thought beyond thinking "what an asshole " as they go by, and they are forgotten again.
In the bigger scheme of things, popping a wheelie or doing a stoppie may not be the wisest thing to do, but not exactly a crime against humanity.

On the other hand there are times when riders get out of hand and that is a real issue. I personally saw the aftermath of a sportbike hitting a child on a bicycle, witnesses said they were racing at very high speeds, thats something you never forget.

I have absolutly no regard for people who destroy property, threaten and intimidate, cause harm, or expose others to grave risk for their own entertainment, they are one short step up from those who prey on children or the elderly.

Causing harm to another person for any reason other than defending yourself or yours is wrong, and I would not do it, but will admit there are people who would recieve no sympithy or assistance from me if they suffered the consequences of their antisocial acts.
i'm with you on the "not the wisest thing to do" but the other stuff is a reach, for sure

high speed motorcycles....high speed cars. i don't think anyone likes the a-holes in "Hemi" pick-ups and retro hot rods any more then guys racing on bikes. or even a-holes in a Camry or Cruze. but we see 'em everyday running up on other cars, flashing brights, driving way too fast and yes, killing people. but we don't stereotype all drivers because of them, or think they represent drivers of cars in general. this is a question of the individual, not the machine. drivers do it, riders do it. but they are in the minority. it is not a "motorcycle problem," its a people problem

yes, a-holes get to ride AND drive. so there you go. nothing anybody can do about that, really. but its not a rider problem. as said, its a people problem in general

secondly what is with this destruction of property, and what not? are these riders vandals? do they have rocket launchers strapped to their bikes? and who is being "intimidated" by them? i don't understand this picture you paint? i understand having no regard for those who put others at "grave risk," but i really don't see too much of that going on. and its usually the rider who will eat it. do you think THEY really want that? i doubt it

i just think the whole "outlaw / hooligan" and reckless card is overplayed a little. we are all riders, some are a bit wild. its colorful and diverse to me. i am sorry, thats just me. fairly positive guy and i like to see others doing this however they do it

a good argument is its just riding. riding a certain way...wheelie, stoppie, spinny, just commuting....whatever. but we all do it, and its just riding

and yes sometimes modern civilization will break down and traffic will be stopped by 300 motorcycles on their own streets. and i actually like the idea of that for those who participate. and you know CARS cause hours-long jams everyday. god forbid bikes shut down a small stretch of highway for 3 minutes a few times a year. i mean my god, how dare those....motorcycles!!

always causing traffic delays and clogging OUR streets!!

DudeClone screwed with this post 09-06-2013 at 02:25 AM
DudeClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #64
farmerstu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
fargo n.d. 2 or 3 years ago. squid doing a high speed wheely in a 30 mph residential zone. 16 year old girl pulled out in front of him. HIS FAULT . he was dead on the spot. even thou it wasn't her fault and she wasn't charged she still has to live with it. so yeah, that kind of idiocy on the street does affect others. ROC is pure bullshit and driven by mob mentality.
farmerstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #65
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClone View Post
i'm with you on the "not the wisest thing to do" but the other stuff is a reach, for sure
Your over thinking it,
I was merely referring to those extreme types of highly antisocial behavior in general, not specifically related to riders, but if I were to see a rider doing any of those things, I would not excuse it just because he's a rider.

Like I said before, having seen the results of an epic failure in its most tragic form, I am perhaps a bit less forgiving of those who push the limits on a public road.

Let me make it easier for you, first 2 paragraphs are about riders, second 2 are people in general,

Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
I see stunters on the road maybe a couple times a year here in the PNW, don't give them any thought beyond thinking "what an asshole " as they go by, and they are forgotten again.
In the bigger scheme of things, popping a wheelie or doing a stoppie may not be the wisest thing to do, but not exactly a crime against humanity.

On the other hand there are times when riders get out of hand and that is a real issue. I personally saw the aftermath of a sportbike hitting a child on a bicycle, witnesses said they were racing at very high speeds, thats something you never forget.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

I have absolutly no regard for people who destroy property, threaten and intimidate, cause harm, or expose others to grave risk for their own entertainment, they are one short step up from those who prey on children or the elderly.

Causing harm to another person for any reason other than defending yourself or yours is wrong, and I would not do it, but will admit there are people who would recieve no sympithy or assistance from me if they suffered the consequences of their antisocial acts.

windmill screwed with this post 09-06-2013 at 08:42 AM
windmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #66
Andyvh1959
Cheesehead Klompen

Oddometer: 566
I'm a tempermental asshole with anger issues like said earlier in the thread because I don't think we should tolerate stunters on the public roads? Wow, some people can read a lot from a forum reply. Whatever. My good friends would argue that opinion. Grow up? That would mean I gotta give up my street bikes, dirt bike, ice-racing bike. Grow old, yeah, crap. Grow up, nope.

I got no issue with the stunters, doing something far more than I have down with a street bike. Up here in Green Bay, we fortunately have very few of them, so tolerance is a good bit easier for the few we get.

But if I lived in St. Louis, or Dallas/Ft. Worth, or parts of Florida, wherever PACKS of these stunters are taking over parts of the interstate and freeway just so they can show off? No, it's simply wrong and should not be tolerated, by cagers or riders. Because it will eventually impact OUR riding environment. If they wanna stunt, I don't care, but do it somewhere that doesn't impact the public. Keep it off the roads we all have to share, that's all.

True though, I should have a better attitude after getting laid three to five times a week, I can work on that.

Andyvh1959 screwed with this post 09-06-2013 at 04:50 PM
Andyvh1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #67
ThumperStorm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by henshao View Post
Man, I sure give a fuck about all those people doing shit that doesn't affect me one way or the other.
And yet, here you are.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #68
Oca
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Actually it's quite cool, that the stunters just enjoy their ride and don't care what some fucktard bikers think about them.
I feel connected to them, because that's part of riding to me as well. Getting out, having fun, not trying to compensate some lack of whatever by being everybody's friend.

Do you wear ATGATT when stunting?
Old 09-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #69
donny662
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NesquikNinja View Post
That's a cool theory and all, but I am fairly certain they all care very much about what others think, lol.
Ever asked one? In general, most of us assume that others think the same way we do. Tells us something about how you think about riding and how I do, no?
They care very much about what people think of them. Witness this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmk999 View Post
But ...
[...]
I was driving my truck on why 8 in ct. this weekend at about 75 mph when a young buck passed me on the right (3 lanes, i was center no one in left)
Shorts , tennies, tank top, and ray bans. only. He looked at me, stood on the pegs, then lifted the front wheel and took off speeding up to at least 80 and weaving through the three lanes and through sparse traffic .
[...]
The Hell's Angels also care very much about what people think. They and the stunters don't necessarily want people to have a positive opinion, but that behavior is all about eliciting one of the following thoughts:

"Wow, that guy is way cool."

"Wow, that guy is badass."

"Wow, that guy is scary."

"Wow, that guy is an asshole."

or really anything positive or negative as long as it's not:

"That guy is a wimp."

"I could take that guy."

"Hey Frank, did you see the game last night?"

The only people the Hell's Angels or stunters need to give them a positive review is the peer group they've chosen to associate with. We can conclude that because they all wear the same costume and try to act the same way.

Hobbes: Like that book report you're supposed to be writing now on the book you haven't read?

Calvin: Exactly. Case in point.
donny662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #70
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 14,846
Has that sociopathic fuck irishjohnny killed any motorcyclists yet?
Old 09-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #71
El Pescador
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by xy500 View Post
LOL
way too many cranky old men around here.
Take your meds old man, you'll have forgotten all about your little incident in a few minutes anyway.
Typical of the baby boomers to be a part of the most selfish generation ever, then accuse other generations of being selfish.

Amen! Boomers never cease to amaze me with their hipocrisy.
El Pescador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #72
xy500
Loser

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Has that sociopathic fuck irishjohnny killed any motorcyclists yet?
He's probably forgotten all about it.
Dementia does that.
was this him?

xy500 screwed with this post 09-06-2013 at 08:40 PM
xy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #73
JOKER650
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,504
Nawwww, these fuck-tards aren't affecting ANYONE .

'especially the guy at the 40 second mark....No , He aint INTIMIDATED at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waDZGp6N8jo#t=42

The truth is , is that these shart-brains DO AFFECT OUR RIDING PRIVILEGES.

Yeah I'm a little older and still like riding the rear wheel(in the dirt and a little on the street where it doesn't affect others)...but some of you "young's" have not quite growed-up yet
HA... you will be amazed at how your out-look will change as you get a little bit SMARTER

Over 2000 plated dirt riders...Digg'n up the dirt every other day, all over BC

http://www.dualsportbc.com/
JOKER650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #74
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 14,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER650 View Post

'especially the guy at the 40 second mark....No, He ain't INTIMIDATED at all
SBF! Representing on the Bay Bridge...

Just a minor annoyance, nothing to get too worked up over.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #75
ThumperStorm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER650 View Post

The truth is , is that these shart-brains DO AFFECT OUR RIDING PRIVILEGES.
Not trying to start any shit, but just how do they affect our riding privileges? Reputation sure, but privileges?