Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #76
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperStorm View Post
Not trying to start any shit, but just how do they affect our riding privileges? Reputation sure, but privileges?
There have been various threads on this forum discussing the restrictions against motorcycles by businesses, homeowner associations, parks, and campgrounds, the exclusions and monetary penalties with insurance companies, and the motorcycle only check points in various cities and states.

It should be obvious that it reinforces an already negative image that has real world consequences. These are the kind of things voters think about when we try to make positive changes like legalizing lane splitting.

I have never witness one of these group "events"so I don't know what their actual impact is, but I have watched their videos, and read their comments.
Clearly its nothing more than the 2 wheel equivalent of your garden variety clueless loser misfit, lashing out at their perception of the society that has rejected them as failures. The only thing they "represent" is their inability to find a positive use for their talents.

If it was really just about riding and stunting, they would not be doing it when, where, and how they choose to do it.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #77
Red9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
There have been various threads on this forum discussing the restrictions against motorcycles by businesses, homeowner associations, parks, and campgrounds, the exclusions and monetary penalties with insurance companies, and the motorcycle only check points in various cities and states.

It should be obvious that it reinforces an already negative image that has real world consequences. These are the kind of things voters think about when we try to make positive changes like legalizing lane splitting.

I have never witness one of these group "events"so I don't know what their actual impact is, but I have watched their videos, and read their comments.
Clearly its nothing more than the 2 wheel equivalent of your garden variety clueless loser misfit, lashing out at their perception of the society that has rejected them as failures. The only thing they "represent" is their inability to find a positive use for their talents.

If it was really just about riding and stunting, they would not be doing it when, where, and how they choose to do it.

+1

The most honest, intelligent and perfectly written post I've read on this forum.
Red9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #78
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post

I think that when people find out that some people who ride motorcycles are homicidal maniacs they will be more concerned about that.

FUCK CANCER!!!!
waveydavey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #79
Mr Dual Sport
Roamer

Oddometer: 1,304
Does it count as stunting if you're in Downtown Paisley,OR?

Sorry Kurt, I stole your photos...
Old 09-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #80
Sox Fan
SoxFan

Oddometer: 887
meh.

motorcyclists having a poor image in the public's eye just doesn't keep me up at night.

is some wholesome image for bikers really important to you?

people riding too fast and doing stupid things on motorcycles by and large only risk hurting themselves.
1989 911
Sox Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #81
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox Fan View Post
No,

I would prefer no "image" at all.............................Blissful anonymity, its a good thing at times.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #82
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 49,315
Quote:
meh.

motorcyclists having a poor image in the public's eye just doesn't keep me up at night.

people riding too fast and doing stupid things on motorcycles by and large only risk hurting themselves.
So an asshat crashing while stunting in front of a car doing 60+ causing the car to swerve violently to avoid said asshat and crashing into a median rail is no big deal. Is that what you mean?

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #83
Capt Crash
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Great googly moogly! These young punks with their flashy techniques and disregard for appropriate gear are going to ruin it for all of us!

Capt Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #84
eric_the_bald
Gnome

Oddometer: 418
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimvonbaden View Post
so an asshat crashing while stunting in front of a car doing 60+ causing the car to swerve violently to avoid said asshat and crashing into a median rail is no big deal. Is that what you mean?

Jim

+100

Don't screw around with old folks,
They didn't get old by bein' Stupid!
eric_the_bald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #85
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
So an asshat crashing while stunting in front of a car doing 60+ causing the car to swerve violently to avoid said asshat and crashing into a median rail is no big deal. Is that what you mean?

Jim
Pictures? Link?

I want to go on record as being against that type of thing BTW.

FUCK CANCER!!!!
waveydavey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #86
Sox Fan
SoxFan

Oddometer: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post

Jim
Common sense theory but I would like to see some statistics.

I can't remember hearing even anecdotal stuff about motorcyclists harming other folks besides themselves.
1989 911
Sox Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #87
IrishJohn OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Might get real interesting next year if they come back....http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dai...ice.php?page=2.

Read the 'comments' section (and if you are one of the Stunters try reading it without moving your lips )
Old 09-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #88
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 49,315
Quote:
Common sense theory but I would like to see some statistics.

I can't remember hearing even anecdotal stuff about motorcyclists harming other folks besides themselves.
You need proof that that kind of thing happens? All you have to do is google youtube videos of stunters crashing.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #89
FloorPoor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nd2Roam View Post
I watch the videos in the same manner I'd watch a train wreck. Now Youtube suggests all of them to me and I'm sure the Govt. has me profiled as a hooligan.

Now for a video with some urban ADV riding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw1kpR3pHc0
Watched the vid. What a bunch of tards. (still wouldn't run them over in my SUV though)

"There's nothing like that fresh tire feeling "
FloorPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #90
ThumperStorm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
Another reason...

Wife of paralysed motorbike stunt rider Eddie Kidd charged with repeatedly beating him

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2eGn9IKa1