ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #31
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer: 4,322
The KDX may be ready to roll by then, so long as you promise not to hurt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymanbro View Post
Pretty sure I'm in. Unless I destroy my running bikes this weekend at CroMag.

Dual Sport Luggage Racks for: DRZ-S, SM and E, DR 650 and KLR650: http://www.moto-racks.com
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #32
guymanbro
da Vermonster

Oddometer: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
The KDX may be ready to roll by then, so long as you promise not to hurt it.
Heh. I've got KDX spares. . .

fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA
guymanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #33
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging

Yeah, but I already bought all the stuff you had that would break off!

Quote:
Heh. I've got KDX spares. . .

Dual Sport Luggage Racks for: DRZ-S, SM and E, DR 650 and KLR650: http://www.moto-racks.com
Old 09-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #34
guymanbro
da Vermonster

Quote:
Yeah, but I already bought all the stuff you had that would break off!
Not ALL of it. I do have plastics, forks, and wheels, all of which have been known to crumble at my command. But, I always do my best not to thrash someone else's machine. That's what mine are for (and rentals with insurance).

Old 09-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #35
grind
Thinking

Oddometer: 236
Tim, how's the color up there? Just came over Lincoln Gap and there is quite a bit started here already.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #36
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging

Not at peak yet, but it will be soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grind View Post
Tim, how's the color up there? Just came over Lincoln Gap and there is quite a bit started here already.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #37
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,135
One week away now. All systems still a GO? I'm planning to just head up to the campground Friday afternoon and get my camp on.

How is the small bike route looking? Who's in the skinny bike crew besides me? Ant, GMB?

Lastly, is there anything I can bring up to share on Friday night ? We have some pretty nice farm cheese, I usually grab a slab on the way out to a camp.
akarob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #38
guymanbro
da Vermonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
One week away now. All systems still a GO? I'm planning to just head up to the campground Friday afternoon and get my camp on.

How is the small bike route looking? Who's in the skinny bike crew besides me? Ant, GMB?

Lastly, is there anything I can bring up to share on Friday night ? We have some pretty nice farm cheese, I usually grab a slab on the way out to a camp.
I'm down for whatever route. Wouldn't mind doing the dirty bike route if there is one to be done. Doesn't sound like AtlasEXP is gonna be ready to ride dirty if it all.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #39
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging

I may have an issue. The Ex scheduled a trip to NY to sort out some of her Russian paperwork at the embassy and expects me to take our son that weekend. I know from long experience that it's not going to get me anywhere arguing it -- although I'm supposed to have six week's notice for something like this.

Anton is unlikely to be ready for the real gutty stuff. I can send you the tracks, Tumu, if you want to show up and lead the small bikes. There are a couple of pretty tasty routes, although you'll find them tame, I'll wager. It looks like most people are interested in the small bike run, in any event. If you're without GPS still, I can drop mine off at Brighton State Park. I can probably make it to camp and chat around the fire, but I can't honestly leave #1 alone all day. It looks like Ms. Barb is pretty overwhelmed with Anatomy & Physiology classes, so she may only be able to make a brief appearance.

For those interested in the Big Bike stuff, just pull up some of the tracks for either Spring 2013 or Fall 2012. The foliage is at near peak, and it should be a good ride in any event.

Quote:
I'm down for whatever route. Wouldn't mind doing the dirty bike route if there is one to be done. Doesn't sound like AtlasEXP is gonna be ready to ride dirty if it all.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #40
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,328
Watching this, kids are in a tournament, if they don't make the playoffs I will be up on Sunday if you make this a go. If they make the playoffs, well I will be watching a game I hate. But I try to do my best to support them.

Tim, FYI, anyone can use the state parks in VT after they are closed...you just need to find a place to park the bikes outside the park, no facilities, just like hiking. That should not be an issue at Maidstone to find a secluded spot. One of, if not the nicest, parks in all of VT. However, BSP is closer to a pub. And, you can get religion after sinning. If you want to sign over all your assets, that is.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #41
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging

The Community Church is but a shadow of what it once was in IP. I used to hang with the guys who ran the Church's printing company when I was in the trade. We would help one another out on occasion, as they had some very talented people, but my company had some very modern equipment.

They were decent, hard-working people, and sincerely believed in what they were doing. They took a lot of folk in that would have otherwise been on the dole or on the streets and gave them a home and purpose. There were certainly a lot of "crispy critters" up that way, as The Church would recruit at rock concerts. Even the old acid-heads that could barely keep it together had a job and meaning in the community, and the Church didn't ask for a penny in public funds.

Even though Chris Braithwaite, the erstwhile editor of the Barton Chronicle generated a scandal about child abuse that rocked Vermont up to the supreme court level, cooler heads prevailed, and our State gave the Church their constitutional rights.

I know Braithwaite. He's one hell of an editor, and has managed to put together a very durable and well-respected weekly in an age where newspapers are dropping like flies. I don't think much of him as a person, however. He scuttled the paper I used to write for to get the advertising revenue. Mr. Braithwaite is a little too bloody-minded for my taste, but he's a good journalist.

The Honorable Judge Francis Mahady took it upon himself to defend the Church. Judge Mahady was a hell of a guy, in my experience. I was a junior reporter for a liberal weekly rag, and one of my beats was court. Mahady would give fair shake to just about anyone, but would have no truck with anyone that messed with children. He was a poor-looking fellow with a great mind, big ears, wretched hair, and a lank, scrawny frame. When he spoke, it was as if the Word of God was being laid down. He was that good.

My Mum was the manager at a restaurant that the court frequented. Mahady once confided in her that he'd give anyone a fair shake except for a molester, who he would "hang off the dock."

Judge Mahady died of a particularly nasty form of cancer. At his funeral, 400 members of the Community Church saw him on his way. He was their Shindler, and they paid due respect. Hats off.

I had the opportunity to see how the Community Church dealt with their children. It were a little peculiar to me, but they did a good job and cherished them. I never heard a single harsh word, let alone an act of violence. When we'd let then use our equipment, there would often be kids as young as 10 or 12 in the group. They did real work, and could be directed with a word or two. They were beautiful.

I've eaten more than a few meals at the Community's table. I felt welcome. They were certainly not nearly as spooky as some of those snake-handlers I ran into in the Bible Belt.

Quite a rant, I know. Apologies. I just thought you FF's might want the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
And, you can get religion after sinning. If you want to sign over all your assets, that is.

Canuman screwed with this post 09-28-2013 at 09:57 PM
Old 09-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #42
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
The Community Church is but a shadow of what it once was in IP. I used to hang with the guys who ran the Church's printing company when I was in the trade. We would help one another out on occasion, as they had some very talented people, but my company had some very modern equipment.

They were decent, hard-working people, and sincerely believed in what they were doing. They took a lot of folk in that would have otherwise been on the dole or on the streets and gave them a home and purpose. There were certainly a lot of "crispy critters" up that way, as The Church would recruit at rock concerts. Even the old acid-heads that could barely keep it together had a job and meaning in the community, and the Church didn't ask for a penny in public funds.

Even though Chris Braithwaite, the erstwhile editor of the Barton Chronicle generated a scandal about child abuse that rocked Vermont up to the supreme court level. Cooler heads prevailed, and our State gave the Church their constitutional rights.

I know Braithwaite. He's one hell of an editor, and has managed to put together a very durable and well-respected weekly in an age where newspapers are dropping like flies. I don't think much of him as a person, however. He scuttled the paper I used to write for to get the advertising revenue. Mr. Braithwaite is a little too bloody-minded for my taste, but he's a good journalist.

The Honorable Judge Francis Mahoney took it upon himself to defend the Church. Judge Mahoney was a hell of a guy, in my experience. I was a junior reporter for a liberal weekly rag, and one of my beats was court. Mahoney would give fair shake to just about anyone, but would have no truck with anyone that messed with children. He was a poor-looking, fellow with a great mind, big ears, wretched hair, and a lank, scrawny frame. When he spoke, it was as if the Word of God was being laid down. He was that good.

My Mum was the manager at a restaurant that the court frequented. Mahoney once confided in her that he'd give anyone a fair shake except for a molester, who he would "hang off the dock."

Judge Mahoney died of a particularly nasty form of cancer. At his funeral, 400 members of the Community Church saw him on his way. He was their Shindler, and they paid due respect. Hats off.

I had the opportunity to see how the Community Church dealt with their children. It were a little peculiar to me, but they did a good job and cherished them. I heard saw a single harsh word, let alone an act of violence. When we'd let then use our equipment, there would often be kids as young as 10 or 12 in the group. They did real work, and could be directed with a word or two. They were beautiful.

I've eaten more than a few meals at the Community's table. I felt welcome. They were certainly not nearly as spooky as some of those snake-handlers I ran into in the Bible Belt.

Quite a rant, I know. Apologies. I just thought you FF's might want the truth.

killjoy....
Old 09-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #43
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging

I think you've got as much respect for the truth, however hard, as any man? Sorry, I had to get the IP thing off my chest. They treated me very well, and were good people in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
killjoy....

Old 09-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #44
zanoza
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
spoke to AtlasEXP today, he is in and so am i for a dirty bike route;
Tim, is it Brighton state park we are camping in (wipe your own arse kind)??
zanoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #45
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
I think you've got as much respect for the truth, however hard, as any man? Sorry, I had to get the IP thing off my chest. They treated me very well, and were good people in my book.
LOL---I have a very funny story to tell you sometime. Not here. You missed the conversation about it at CroMag....which had nothing to do with my funny story. Protecting the innocent and all.

Not all the natives were as accepting as you are. It was a rough start. Which caused a majority of the mess you are speaking of. If they were a political nuthouse, not a feather would have stirred. Nope, that is not selective persecution.

They were much more acceptable than the EPP whacko's IMO.

Hippies, diversity in a weird way.