See number 3

http://www.craveonline.com/lifestyle...6-crazy-laws-3

Ah the good old days
Rob_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #77
storymitchell
Member of the proletariat

Oddometer: 1,238
The guy on the bike is an ass and I can only hope he gets what is coming to him. That said, the horse riders in NoVA can come off as somewhat entitled feeling. I am reminded of the time I was riding my dirt bike on a trail and came up on several people on horses. I pulled over and turned off the engine and one of them came over and started to lecture me about riding a motorcycle around their horses. If I had been on a mixed use trail I might have discussd the situation with them, but since we were on my property I was not in the mood to be lectured.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
storymitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #78
Antiquar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by storymitchell View Post
The guy on the bike is an ass and I can only hope he gets what is coming to him. That said, the horse riders in NoVA can come off as somewhat entitled feeling. I am reminded of the time I was riding my dirt bike on a trail and came up on several people on horses. I pulled over and turned off the engine and one of them came over and started to lecture me about riding a motorcycle around their horses. If I had been on a mixed use trail I might have discussd the situation with them, but since we were on my property I was not in the mood to be lectured.
That conversation must have changed its character in a hurry.
Antiquar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #79
Rango
Phaneropter

Oddometer: 1,106
Laugh Come off your high horse

I can imagine them carrying their horses on their backs return to trailer.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #80
wvtaco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
came upon a horse beside a 2 lane back road ( only center painted lines) it was a 35mph zone. i was cruising around the turns at about 45mph. saw the horse and rider at the edge of the road just after the apex of a turn. thought of this thread, pulled in the clutch and whipped to the other side of road( entering a straight and could see for over .5miles. coasted for about 5 seconds and slipped the clutch back out. never looked back to see if i scared it.
wvtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #81
Hawk62cj5
2 Cheap 4 a KLR

Oddometer: 574
The guy is an Ass .

With that said horse people have the most assholes of any of group I ever dealt with . I rock crawl / trail ride with jeeps , kayak , guns ,fish, hike , camp , bicycle and of course motorcycle ride . Out of all those hobbies Ive had a run ins with horse people in every one of them . Yes Kayaking I have somehow disturbed a horse person not once but twice .
Hawk62cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #82
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk62cj5 View Post
The guy is an Ass .

With that said horse people have the most assholes of any of group I ever dealt with . I rock crawl / trail ride with jeeps , kayak , guns ,fish, hike , camp , bicycle and of course motorcycle ride . Out of all those hobbies Ive had a run ins with horse people in every one of them . Yes Kayaking I have somehow disturbed a horse person not once but twice .
Well, when you sit in your kayak on the trail, people are sure to complain :-)
SilkMoneyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #83
Tupperware
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
Quote:
I am reminded of the time I was riding my dirt bike on a trail and came up on several people on horses. I pulled over and turned off the engine and one of them came over and started to lecture me about riding a motorcycle around their horses. If I had been on a mixed use trail I might have discussd the situation with them, but since we were on my property I was not in the mood to be lectured.
How did that one end up?!
Old 09-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #84
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupperware View Post
How did that one end up?!
+1

storymitchell, you've left us all hanging
Old 09-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #85
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250senuf View Post
+1

storymitchell, you've left us all hanging
+2

fahrenheit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #86
storymitchell
Member of the proletariat

Oddometer: 1,238
I posted about this previously, and some inmates were not happy about what came next. No horses or riders were hurt, but I will say that horses do not like being herded by a dirt bike running WFO, and word got out and I have not seen horses on my property since this incident. When I stopped the bike I was planning on telling them that as long as they did not leave trash behind they were welcome to ride the trails on the upper part of the mountain, but I guess they felt entitled to lecture me as well .

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
storymitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #87
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,445
Quote:
I posted about this previously, and some inmates were not happy about what came next. No horses or riders were hurt, but I will say that horses do not like being herded by a dirt bike running WFO, and word got out and I have not seen horses on my property since this incident. When I stopped the bike I was planning on telling them that as long as they did not leave trash behind they were welcome to ride the trails on the upper part of the mountain, but I guess they felt entitled to lecture me as well .

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #88
Antiquar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Antiquar is offline   Reply With Quote