Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,741
Old 09-16-2013, 06:41 AM   #62
Ncracer79
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay212 View Post
Seveeenty-niiine HUNDRED dollars?? WTF? That's like 10 track days and 3 week-long trips to Deals Gap....NOT Camping....it would be about 10 trips if we did camp...

Perhaps I need to re-think my 'Go-for-it Babe!' when you mentioned PPIHC.

Love, The Wife

Yes, yes, I follow you online...(perhaps you should re-think your open forums....lol)
Hahahaha. That is hilarious. This sounds all to familiar to me. Abort mission😢

I still say go for it though.
Ncracer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #63
AJay112 OP
AJay112

Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncracer79 View Post
Hahahaha. That is hilarious. This sounds all to familiar to me. Abort mission😢

I still say go for it though.
No, no not at all. She supports it.... "Just do whatever the F' you want!" were her exact words. I think she's pretty excited.
AJay112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #64
Ncracer79
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJay112 View Post
No, no not at all. She supports it.... "Just do whatever the F' you want!" were her exact words. I think she's pretty excited.
That is exactly how my misses is. Bust my balls a bit then says whatever. Or something g to that effect. Maybe it's more like your going to do whatever you want so why ask

I for one still support your mission. Have fun and rock it out. I am doing the sandblast here in SC on my little KLX. Considering GS's and the likes do this i am a bit underpowered. Oh well

Keep this thread updated. I for one am curious how it turns out

Kelley
Ncracer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #65
AJay112 OP
AJay112

Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncracer79 View Post
That is exactly how my misses is. Bust my balls a bit then says whatever. Or something g to that effect. Maybe it's more like your going to do whatever you want so why ask

I for one still support your mission. Have fun and rock it out. I am doing the sandblast here in SC on my little KLX. Considering GS's and the likes do this i am a bit underpowered. Oh well

Keep this thread updated. I for one am curious how it turns out

Kelley
Thanks Kelley... I'm getting interest in this at levels I never thought possible.

Yeah a GS. I feel your want... The late 70's through the 80's bikes are what my little heart lusts for.

Basically, Gaston Rahier (Godspeed mon frere) is still responsible for 36% of my daily actions and comments... (I wear a LOT of white leather.)

On the PPIHC Effort... I think the bike commission is either ignoring my request (likely) or not answering inquiries until registration opens... my timeline is getting VERY short. I need a "Yes" within the next few days in order to pull the motor down and ship parts off within the next three weeks. I'm headed out of town for a somewhat extended vacation courtesy of the US Taxpayers very quickly.

I'm pretty capable here in my home shop... I'm NOT handy enough however, to race prep a KLR650 motor.
AJay112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:03 AM   #66
B1KSOLO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJay112 View Post
LOL that's the same thing my X wife would say to me (funny I can't even remember her name now)
B1KSOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #67
sweetwater
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
NCRacer's wife told me when we started talking about our next rallye that I could do whatever the F*^% I wanted but NCRacer was coming home to a butt whooping! Then I invited her to the rallye...she calmed right down.

I really hope you get to run in this event.
sweetwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #68
Jeeper0505
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Ppihc

AJAY112,
If PP is something that speaks to you then do it. You may not make the show but you'll never know if you dont try.

I agree that most folks racing Pikes Peak are very serious and the level of competition is extreme. You'll know where you rank after the first two or three practice laps on the first day. Then you'll settle in to a rhythm and run with those that are running at your speeds.

As to the money, if you've got it, do it. I ran PP in 2009 as a bucket list thing. Bought an already prepared bike (a quad, yeah, I know..), stayed in hotels, my kids and wife were there, spent a ton and enjoyed it more than most any other race I've ever done. Went back in 2010 and 2011. Got a couple of third place trophies for the effort, dont miss the money I spent at all and have great memories of the race, the people and the whole experience.

Just do it!

Michael
Jeeper0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #69
seatec
Dutch Transplant

Oddometer: 715
Btw drove up pikes peak in a FJ about a week ago. Mad props to anyone that races IP to the peak in or on anything. It gets a little scary towards the top.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:52 AM   #70
Padmei
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,380
Stop talking about it do it.

Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote