ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
old2wheeler OP
Former nÔÔb

Oddometer: 720
Eek Motorcyclists stranded in Boise City OK

Just got an email from a couple on a BMW stranded in Boise City OK (48 miles north of Dalhart TX). They are 200 miles S.E. of my town (La Veta, CO). I am wondering if there are any ADV members in/near Boise City or Dalhart?

They just this morning discovered their rear tire has threads showing through! I have a 17 inch BT20 that is well worn, but serviceable and have a tire changer, but not clear whether they have enough tread to make it here.

Any ideas?

Best wishes,

Rod House
719-7 four 2-3 three 3 4

Here is a copy of their email:

"This is a message from Maro7ak at ADVrider ( http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php ). The ADVrider owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email Maro7ak, you can use this online form:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/sendm...ember&u=285351

OR, by email:
mailto:Maro7ak@gmail.com

This is the message:

Hi Rod,

We ( Marty & Sarah) are riding two up on Marty's BMW r1150r Rockster. We were on our way to Denver when this morning the threads on the rear tire decided to show themselves. We don't really want to risk riding anywhere in case of a blow out and there are no shops or garages that would even possibly be able to service us for at least an hour or more ride away. We are still a bit new to ADVrider but have tented with 3 other Inmates along our journey from NC. Any assistance, advice, ideas of any kind would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much!
Marty & Sarah
Emails, texts and calls welcome!
910-813-6589"
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
old2wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
hook0924
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
They will make Denver

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
Maro7ak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Stranded No More!

We are no longer stranded in Boise City, OK! Thank you to Old2Wheeler for the rescue and all the other responses we got from ADVriders looking to help out! We will be back on the road again in no time.
Maro7ak is offline   Reply With Quote