Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #796
BMW Kurt
Taker of Pictures

Oddometer: 10,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigars&Scotch View Post
you can obviously see that Kurt has a drinking problem, he can't find his mouth
Hey, Mike! A few drinks before class in the morning is not a bad thing.
BMW Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:08 AM   #797
Mark_O
Drain Bamaged

Oddometer: 14,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Man View Post
The ride will begin promptly when everyone arrives at the Moran Nation Compound. We will leave the campground and turn left.

That's all I got right now.
You've obviously outdone yourself planning the route. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:13 AM   #798
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder

Oddometer: 13,093
do us a favor and teach the kid how to act before you bring her.

When a kid can't "conform to the mind-numbing standards of the modern public school system" it's often because their parents are idiots who can't be bothered to discipline them.

Being proud that you left the kid in the infield during a Corvette club race (which means some other club members had to watch her for you) doesn't exactly do much to dispel that notion either.

Maybe you should leave the crotchfruit at home until it gets some better parenting.
I've been poking a giant bouncy ball with a needle. You feel anything yet? -Blake716
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:23 AM   #799
obsidian16825
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post

2 years ago at Great Lakes Dirt fest. Campfire+Magnesium+gallon of water=
Chemistry!! We did a chemistry course in homeschool co-op a couple of semesters ago. None of our experiments were as spectacular, but we do watch science shows and love big booms. (when nobody gets hurt)
nerd-on
obsidian16825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:29 AM   #800
obsidian16825
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
do us a favor and teach the kid how to act before you bring her.

When a kid can't "conform to the mind-numbing standards of the modern public school system" it's often because their parents are idiots who can't be bothered to discipline them.

Being proud that you left the kid in the infield during a Corvette club race (which means some other club members had to watch her for you) doesn't exactly do much to dispel that notion either.

Maybe you should leave the crotchfruit at home until it gets some better parenting.
Your protest is noted.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #801
HappyCRNA
AllTalkNoAction

Oddometer: 1,818
In the spirit of Boonie's post and the info that the mom provided it seems that Hannah gets bored easily and enjoys attention. I don't have any problem with a child at RDV but I tend to feel concern for what she may do to amuse herself: cheesestick to someone's fuel tank, seeing what might happen if she undoes a strap or two?
HappyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #802
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_O View Post
You've obviously outdone yourself planning the route. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Oh I've gone and done taken it to a hole nother level!

Turn right if'n youz needin' gas n shit.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:42 AM   #803
BgDadddy
Big Dufus

Oddometer: 1,761
I've always wondered about home schooling. How do kids learn to interact with other kids or people in general when they don't get the opportunity to be around them on a regular basis?

Also, when a kid's behavior is so off the chain that a school doesn't want the kid around until he or she learns to behave appropriately, and a parent choses to take the child out of school instead, what is that teaching the child? I'm certainly no expert here, but in my opinion, that is just reinforcing the negative behavior and telling the kid that behaving badly is okay.

Just my $0.02
BgDadddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:45 AM   #804
BDXMPL
The Sheriff

Oddometer: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by BgDadddy View Post
I've always wondered about home schooling. How do kids learn to interact with other kids or people in general when they don't get the opportunity to be around them on a regular basis?

Also, when a kid's behavior is so off the chain that a school doesn't want the kid around until he or she learns to behave appropriately, and a parent choses to take the child out of school instead, what is that teaching the child. I'm certainly no expert here, but in my opinion, that is just reinforcing the negative behavior and telling the kid that behaving badly is okay.

Just my $0.02
WTF? Is this a Dr. Phil thread?

By the way, is this your daughter?

Hunter
Old 02-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #805
BgDadddy
Big Dufus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDXMPL View Post

Hunter
This is one of my somewhat rare moments of philosophy, wisdom and insight....
Old 02-10-2014, 08:47 AM   #806
BgDadddy
Big Dufus

Quote:

By the way, is this your daughter?

Hunter

Old 02-10-2014, 08:47 AM   #807
obsidian16825
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCRNA View Post
In the spirit of Boonie's post and the info that the mom provided it seems that Hannah gets bored easily and enjoys attention. I don't have any problem with a child at RDV but I tend to feel concern for what she may do to amuse herself: cheesestick to someone's fuel tank, seeing what might happen if she undoes a strap or two?
She has respect for people's property and she didn't just turn five. If you want her to stand very still or sit quietly at a table for hours, there will be a problem. I worry more what adults might do to my stuff to entertain themselves. Children are less malicious than adults. Will our tires be cut? our chains be loosened? our tents be slashed? What sort of nastiness will those who resent our presence come up with to make our time miserable and make themselves horrible representations of the motorcycling community? Those who resent us, leave us alone and we won't bother you. We'll be as sweet as a hive of bees and ask to be respected as such.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #808
HappyCRNA
AllTalkNoAction

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian16825 View Post
She has respect for people's property and she didn't just turn five. If you want her to stand very still or sit quietly at a table for hours, there will be a problem. I worry more what adults might do to my stuff to entertain themselves. Children are less malicious than adults. Will our tires be cut? our chains be loosened? our tents be slashed? What sort of nastiness will those who resent our presence come up with to make our time miserable and make themselves horrible representations of the motorcycling community? Those who resent us, leave us alone and we won't bother you. We'll be as sweet as a hive of bees and ask to be respected as such.
I'd be willing to bet that not a single person would resent your presence, we all feel The More, The Merrier. And please don't come with your hackles raised or even on the defensive - this is one of the most supportive groups you'll find and you'll be surprised if you come expecting malice from any of our members.

I merely referenced what you'd told us about Hannah and in oversight did not acknowledge the age difference between then and now. The owner of the resort has several children of her own and they were present during last year's event and IIRC the worst thing they were exposed to was an anatomically correct, hermaphroditic life-sized doll on a bike.

If you feel Hannah is fine without constant supervision then there won't be any problem. If you feel she needs supervision all we ask is that it is provided.
HappyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:07 AM   #809
Pork Butt
Save the USA

Oddometer: 59,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voluhzia View Post

Old 02-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #810
BMW Kurt
Taker of Pictures

Oddometer: 10,137
Quote:

Hunter
Tell me, Hunter. How does that make you feel? Maybe we can discuss relationships at the Wedge Wednesday.
BMW Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote