User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
AK650 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Free shipping to AK!

Most folks may already be aware of them, but I'll put it up here, just in case. Revzilla ( www.revzilla.com ) ships free to Alaska, on $100+ orders! Not sure if they do tires. My Sargent seat, and Altrider crash bars, both came Priority Mail in 3-4 days, and free. I found them to be great to deal with. They carry many top quality vendors.

Jeff
AK650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,873
Last i checked they do not include tires in that deal, at least not to AK. Easily my favorite online vendor though for gear.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
slammer218
Slammer

Oddometer: 121
Thumb Free shipping

Shipped a tire there last year and it was also free from revzilla..
Old 09-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
Farmholio
Wobbling weeble

Oddometer: 118
Same deal with

Bike Bandit. I just got a pile of filters and tubes and miscellaneous stuff that can be hard (er) to run down in rural southeast. They won't do fluids to anyplace but the L48 but they seemed to be willing to send more or less whatever else.

They also had a nice feature where you can store what bikes you are shopping for on your account. Made it easy and fairly quick to run down somewhat mundane pieces of kit that all look the same for a bunch of different bikes.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierd View Post
Last i checked they do not include tires in that deal, at least not to AK. Easily my favorite online vendor though for gear.

+1 Love those guys
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
Brendon@TMS
The Motorcycle Shop

Oddometer: 255
Just so people are aware...

The Motorcycle Shop is happy to get as competitive as we can regarding pricing and shipping.

All you have to do is ask and we'll see what we can do.

Again, not saying we can always beat internet pricing, but if you'll give us the chance to keep it local, we'll always go to bat for you.
Facebook! facebook.com/themotorcycleshopak
Brendon@TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon@TMS View Post
Again, not saying we can always beat internet pricing, but if you'll give us the chance to keep it local, we'll always go to bat for you.
Yep, some of us will most always shop local. I don't even know when the last time I ordered anything. Just sayin.

Of course, I work retail and know the virtues of shopping local and appreciate customers who continue to shop "brick & mortar.

Happy shopping, Mark H.
AKDuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #8
AK650 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDuc View Post
Yep, some of us will most always shop local. I don't even know when the last time I ordered anything. Just sayin.

Of course, I work retail and know the virtues of shopping local and appreciate customers who continue to shop "brick & mortar.

Happy shopping, Mark H.
I agree for the most part. I just about always try to buy local first. Unfortunately, and this isn't just the bike biz, its retail biz in general, I hear the same "we don't stock that, but we can order it for you".....well, I can order it too, and it arrives at my house, so I don't have to waste gas and time to go get it, and that's if the retailer happens to be open when I'm not working. I'm even perfectly willing to pay more, but it needs to be on the shelf. I have an unusual work schedule that places my free time at an extreme premium, so I certainly don't claim to speak for anyone, but myself.

Jeff
AK650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,101
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak650 View Post
i agree for the most part. I just about always try to buy local first. Unfortunately, and this isn't just the bike biz, its retail biz in general, i hear the same "we don't stock that, but we can order it for you".....well, i can order it too, and it arrives at my house, so i don't have to waste gas and time to go get it, and that's if the retailer happens to be open when i'm not working. I'm even perfectly willing to pay more, but it needs to be on the shelf. I have an unusual work schedule that places my free time at an extreme premium, so i certainly don't claim to speak for anyone, but myself.

Jeff

+1
Old 09-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #10
Brendon@TMS
The Motorcycle Shop

Fair enough, the brick and mortar needs to have things in stock in order to sell them. Thus the challenge of what to stock, when, what color, etc.

Our challenges come from the added depth of the growing markets. That is, there used to be one, maybe two places to get, say, engine protection bars. Now there are half a dozen and growing, quickly too! I love the fact that there are new people trying to do new creative things with our motorcycle industry, but as that segment grows, demand becomes more elastic and people will want the different variations of the same product.

We welcome the added competition, it prevents businesses from becoming stagnant and complacent. Evolve or die!

Thanks again for the heads up Jeff, I'll do my best at reading your mind regarding what to keep in stock for ya ;)
Old 09-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #11
Full Power
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,428
Brendon: I am having a great time with the F800 you sold me in June.
Most excellent motorcycle, and as I have detailed here, a MOST excellent dealership experience, by far the most positive vehicle purchase experience. ...
I have just a hair under 10,000 miles on the bike now, and have used up a few tires, added a few accessories, the usual.
I have contacted TMS parts department several times, including prior to purchase of the following items:
Turn signal mount.
Air filter element
GS911
Countershaft sprocket.
None of these items were in stock, NO price was quoted, and no estimated delivery time was given, and NOT ONCE HAS A CALL BEEN RETURNED.
I would without hesitation BUY a new motorcycle from you, but you should be aware, the PARTS and ACCESORIES side of the store could possibly be improved.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #12
Brendon@TMS
The Motorcycle Shop

Hey Dean,

Thanks so much for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

We're trying to build a new team for our next foot forward. We've got 40 years under our belt and I'm trying for the next 40.

I'll bring it up in our next employee meeting to see where the error occurred on our end.

Quickly, regarding the GS911, as an authorized dealer with approved BMW equipment I (The Motorcycle Shop) recommend bringing your bike in to be plugged into the BMW MOSS computer system for any diagnostic work of any sort. I'm not sure if that was your question, but that might help answer why we tend to shy away to "out of the box" solutions to DIY computer work.

Again, thanks so much for bringing it to my attention.

Brendon@TMS screwed with this post 09-12-2013 at 04:03 PM
Old 09-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #13
GRIZ
COMMANDANT

Oddometer: 1,075
OH YES...I LOVE GOING MY DEALER FOR PARTS...ESPECIALLY WHEN THE PARTS DUDE TURNS AROUND AND PICKS UP A "TUCKER ROCKY" OR SOME OTHER SUCH CRAP TO "TRY" AND FIND WHAT I NEED...AND THEN THEY WONDER WHY I SHOP ONLINE FOR MYSELF???
Old 09-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #14
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK650 View Post
I agree for the most part. I just about always try to buy local first. Unfortunately, and this isn't just the bike biz, its retail biz in general, I hear the same "we don't stock that, but we can order it for you".....well, I can order it too, and it arrives at my house, so I don't have to waste gas and time to go get it, and that's if the retailer happens to be open when I'm not working. I'm even perfectly willing to pay more, but it needs to be on the shelf. I have an unusual work schedule that places my free time at an extreme premium, so I certainly don't claim to speak for anyone, but myself.

Jeff
+2
Revilla carries more gear than anything else. Prices are always good and allows me to read reviews which is important to me.

On several occasions I've called ahead to make sure in item is there only to drive in from ER only to be told its not in stock. Once bitten, twice shy. I hate wasting my time unless its on these boards

Brendan I'm sure it's not easy to turn into a mail order powerhouse but its something to look into. I understand there are many factors involved. I can find and order any part online and get it in a few days.
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #15
FlyRescue
Support S&R, Get lost!

Oddometer: 745
re: gs911

In response using the GS-911 vice the factory BMW diagnostic software. BMW's, believe it or not, do break out of warranty. The immensely beneficial part of the GS-911 is being able to troubleshoot malfunctions (especially of the electrical kind) at home, for less than the cost of shop rate. 90% of the time I use mine to reset my service reminder. The rest of the time I recalibrate my throttle bodies and other generic tune up stuff. If you own a BMW with can-bus, it behooves you to have one. For the same reason I have all the diagnostic hardware for dual-K line German cars. Ross-Tech, in this case, puts out a great product. I can troubleshoot, modify, and tune my Audi in the comfort of my garage.

I may have a different perspective on this at home diagnostic stuff. Because of my occupation, I don't trust any service center to play with the electrical systems on my vehicles. I've had fool me once experiences every time.

Whether you buy the broken sensor or whatever at TMS is your prerogative. I bought my bike at Max's in upstate NY, not so much out of desire to shop them, but out of geographic necessity. Any BMW part I have needed since 2010 they overnight to me.

I bought 2 new bikes once at TMS, they were Kawasaki sport bikes. The experience was admittedly pre-Brendon and I wasn't blown away by the post-buy customer service, read: reception, service appointments, and quality of labor (botched oil changes, et al).