ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
oahupilot OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Help, 2 Stolen Suzuki DR650s in Roanoke, VA

I know its a long shot and I probably will not recover the bikes, but if fellow advrider could keep an eye out for my brothers and my bike I would appreciate it.

I need help locating my brother's and my motorcycle that where stolen Monday night 11 March. Both bikes are Suzuki DR650s with transparent, large, fuel tanks, aluminum skid plates and aftermarket seats. My brothers bike is the yellow one in the photo with the "Captain Crash" sticker on the front while mine is the blue one, neither bike at the time of the theft had side racks or cases on them.

These bikes are very special to my brother and me as they were purchased after I left the Army for the sole purpose of long distance off road trip. We road the bikes from the Canadian border off road through the Rockies then all the way down into Baja Mexico, therefore the bikes have a lot of sentimental value. It was mashup of the CDR, Utah back country route, baja 1000 route, and various other routes.

The motorcycle was also my brothers only means of transportation to work. The photos of the bike are from the trip at various points along the way. Please help a combat veteran recover his brothers and his motorcycle.

Any information leading to the recovery of the bike would be greatly appreciated!
You can call or text me at 701 610 8003, ask for Alex.

oahupilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
ob1quixote
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Nice trip pix!
Eyes open down this-a-way.

**** a thief...
ob1quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
oahupilot OP
Adventurer

Thanks ob1 for keeping a look out.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #4
Go Irish75
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
That's terrible. Will keep an eye out here in the Midwest. Ob1quixote has already spread the word over on www.drriders.com as well.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
stoked steve
Tag-o-holic

Oddometer: 593
Sorry this happened to you in Virginia.

The Hampton Roads guys will keep an eye open for any for sale around here that matches those, as I'm sure the Richmond and points West crowd will.

Thank you for your service!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:52 PM   #6
RamMan4x4
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
I'll keep a look out as well. Hopefully you'll get them back in one piece.

Hate a thief! Someone please tell me why we stopped hanging horse thieves...
08 Suzuki DR 650 - 15k, FCR-MX, GSXR-40F0, Header mod, TKC80, SC Seat, PWD Skid Plate, TCI Rack, TCI HL Guard, Wolfman Wolf Tail, DR250 TL, Ulysses Windscreen and Turn Signals, IMS tank, Raptor Petcock, GL Coyote and Fandango Bags, MR Tie Downs
RamMan4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:55 PM   #7
manfromthestix
Lost in Space

Oddometer: 2,036
I live in Lexington and work in Roanoke, so I'll keep my eyes peeled in this area. There's a Suzuki dealership just up the road from my office on Peters Creek Road, maybe you should give them a call and alert them to be on the lookout for the bikes or someone looking for parts/service related to two DRs. Star City Powersports, 5120 Peters Creek Rd NW, Roanoke, VA 24019
(540) 366-8500. It makes me wonder since they were stolen together, were they on or in a trailer? Should we be looking for something like that?

I hope the police are on the case too. That just sucks, very sorry to hear this.

Doug
Old 03-11-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
Weldman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 871
Yep. They won't sell on Craigslist down here without us knowing about it. God, I hate a thief!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoked steve View Post
Sorry this happened to you in Virginia.

The Hampton Roads guys will keep an eye open for any for sale around here that matches those, as I'm sure the Richmond and points West crowd will.

Thank you for your service!
Old 03-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #9
oahupilot OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfromthestix View Post
I live in Lexington and work in Roanoke, so I'll keep my eyes peeled in this area. There's a Suzuki dealership just up the road from my office on Peters Creek Road, maybe you should give them a call and alert them to be on the lookout for the bikes or someone looking for parts/service related to two DRs. Star City Powersports, 5120 Peters Creek Rd NW, Roanoke, VA 24019
(540) 366-8500. It makes me wonder since they were stolen together, were they on or in a trailer? Should we be looking for something like that?

I hope the police are on the case too. That just sucks, very sorry to hear this.

Doug
I am making flyer to pass around to all the local bike shops in Roanoke to alert them to the theft of the motorcycles. The motorcycles where not on a trailer but inside the carport along with our other bikes, the house dos not have a garage and we use them frequently even in the winter. We generally block them in with our cars but it would not be impossible to lift them out around. I live in nice neighborhood with good neighbors and something like this has never happened before in the 10 years of owning the house. There are other bikes parked outside around our neighborhood as well, so it has never seemed to be an issue till now.

As for the police they said they can not start the investigation until its in their computer system and that takes 24hrs. So they will not start until tomorrow I guess.

oahupilot screwed with this post 03-11-2014 at 05:28 PM
Old 03-11-2014, 06:34 PM   #10
mrxinpa
Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer: 1,415
I" m up north of you in the Allentown, Pa area. I'll check all the usual places to unload a bike . I think we all agree that thieves are scumbags!
80 CB900 Custom(Restoring)
mrxinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #11
TrophyHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,598
Make sure to ask the cops to put the plates in the LPR - License Plate Reader system if they have access. There are stationary and mobile units in different states and they can have an alert sent to their phone if the plates are picked up.

I've had good luck using that system out west so let's hope for the best.

"It's a small amount of gas, but it represents a long walk" My Dad...
TrophyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #12
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,070
Damn. I'll keep an eye out down here. We're likely heading up to Daytona this week. If they show up around that crowd they'll stick out like sore thumbs.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:20 AM   #13
Carbster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Eyes open in Western Md and NoVA. Im always on the prowl for spares fpr my DRs and will keep an eye out. I dont know if the DRs have a serial number on the engine that matches the vin, many do.

I hope the get the same fate I wish on the thieves who broke into my widowed elderly grandmother. Thieves all deserve a boot in the head and a curb in the mouth.
Carbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:05 AM   #14
big-t
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 461
Posted on the TVR site in Roanoke/Blacksburg areas
big-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:19 AM   #15
OldnoGPS
Just a sightseer

Oddometer: 1,207
Sucks. I'll keep an eye out around Charlottesville.
OldnoGPS is offline   Reply With Quote