Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #16
Bogfarth
MOTGATT on a Yamahog

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Ron View Post
I guess I need to get out more. What's a Jolly Rancher?

Ron

http://www.amazon.com/Jolly-Rancher-.../dp/B004YGQK5K

Kids today...
Old 09-11-2013, 03:50 AM   #17
atomicalex
silly aluminum boxes

Oddometer: 1,552
This thread is relevant to my interests.

My problem is indivually wrapped LifeSavers. I either try to unwrap them in my mouth and end up swallowing pieces of wrapper (gross on both ends) and managing to get the rest of the wrapper stuck to the inside of my face shield, or I lose both the candy and wrapper to the wind.

These do not stick to the inside of the chinbar.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:03 AM   #18
bdx OP
Wheeeee!

Oddometer: 131
ORANGE PEELER- Didn't you wonder where the sticky pieces of wrapper hitting your windshield were coming from?

Somebody's gonna have to go back and get a shitload of dimes.
bdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #19
bdx OP
Wheeeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTex View Post
Unwrap several, lick them, then stick them to the inside of the chinbar for easy retrieval!

Should the overall size be too close to the face when attached to the chinbar use a Dremel to cut them into narrower strips.

If there isn't enough room for the desired quantity on the chinbar, try sticking them to the tank, windshield, etc. as works for you.

Think, "What Would McGyver Do?"
That is the most creative answer...SO FAR. Come to think of it I could stick several unwrapped ones to my map case on top of my tank bag. That is if I ever manage to plan that far ahead.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #20
stucknarut
Uh oh...

Oddometer: 157
I gave this some thought. Some might say too much. With a little work with thin acrylic, a heat gun, and an old carb slide spring, you could build a pez dispenser type spring-loaded device, mounted vertically in the chin bar of your helmet. Jolly Ranchers are basically a rectangle and should stack well, though they might stick together after you breathe on them. Maybe slips of wax paper or plastic in between, will let you figure that out. Then you just flip up the top with your tongue, and enjoy the taste of victory. Also, if you use a pez head on the top, you'd have your little buddy smiling up at you while you ride. If it won't fit between your face and chin guard, dremel a vertical slot into your chin bar and then don't land on your face.
stucknarut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #21
bdx OP
Wheeeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stucknarut View Post
I gave this some thought. Some might say too much. With a little work with thin acrylic, a heat gun, and an old carb slide spring, you could build a pez dispenser type spring-loaded device, mounted vertically in the chin bar of your helmet. Jolly Ranchers are basically a rectangle and should stack well, though they might stick together after you breathe on them. Maybe slips of wax paper or plastic in between, will let you figure that out. Then you just flip up the top with your tongue, and enjoy the taste of victory. Also, if you use a pez head on the top, you'd have your little buddy smiling up at you while you ride. If it won't fit between your face and chin guard, dremel a vertical slot into your chin bar and then don't land on your face.
THAT'S the kind of ingenuity and CAN DO attitude I expect from the ADV community.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #22
Navy Chief
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 955
Quote:
Needs to have bluetooth integrated so I can push a button on the handlebars and receive a tasty Jolly Rancher as a reward....
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #23
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 5,380
I'm not big on sweets. I just snack on the bugs stuck to my headlight...
Old 09-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #24
dazeedmonds
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
I'm not big on sweets. I just snack on the bugs stuck to my headlight...
Excellent, free protein storage......just one question. How does one get to one's headlight at approximately 75MPH? I usually just flip up the chin bar and try to catch them with my mouth (Lightning bugs at night are the easiest by far, but my wife does wonder why my teeth glow in the dark)
dazeedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #25
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 5,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeedmonds View Post
......just one question. How does one get to one's headlight at approximately 75MPH?
I don't have a windshield, so its easy to reach.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #26
Montague
UDF Adventurer

Oddometer: 650
helmet snack eating tricks

Hmmm, not sure but I knew this girl once who could put two whole cherries in her mouth and then spit them out with the stems tied in a knot..........

What was it you asked again?

A Brit named Billy once said something silly; he so wrongly concluded that Ural deluded.
Montague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #27
MotoTex
Miles of Smiles

Oddometer: 1,438
Quote:
I gave this some thought. ... though they might stick together after you breathe on them. Maybe slips of wax paper or plastic in between,
Powdered sugar?

Or, whatever that dust is inside a gum wrapper, if it isn't the above?

Icon might need to follow up on this and make a video of their (soon to be?) new Pez/JollyRancher dispensing Helmet!

This is The Internet. Confirm for yourself anything you may see while visiting this strange and uncertain land.

MotoTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #28
areyouolsen
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeedmonds View Post
......just one question. How does one get to one's headlight at approximately 75MPH?
Evidently you need to head over to the "Asshole Stunters" thread/flame-war (going on in this very sub-topic) for a demonstration of how to pick a bug off the headlight at speed.

Don't forget to bring popcorn; it's a lively one!
areyouolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #29
CSI
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Set the cruise control

Put one end in your mouth, and grip wrapper with your teeth. Pull on other end, and it will spin the candy around, partially unwrapping it.
CSI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:46 AM   #30
digga
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
let go of the bars and use both hands .... you may have to speed up a little to compensate for the roll off ... but

Sex - the price women pay for Marriage.
Marriage - the price men pay for Sex !
digga is offline   Reply With Quote