Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #226
omfgitsjeff
Custom User What?

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvincullumyork View Post
I didn't introduce myself but I was with my brother Ulyses and Ed. Your bike truly is a supermodel and your pictures are amazing.
I second this, I also didn't introduce myself. I'm the guy that showed up with Ed at first. So that would have been 5 inmates, probably too many for Lardo to handle. 4 was pushing it. It's been fun seeing your trip take a turn towards the Northwest. Let us know if you need a couch in Portland, Ed and I have a place with another rider, or message one of us and we can grab a drink.
omfgitsjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #227
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHVol View Post
Man, Antihero....just how many Panigales are you going to sell with these pics anyway ?
In the past few weeks, three orders that I know of (1 1199 and 2 899s). Several more before that, including a couple Multis. The real question is--how many people have purchased either a Strider folder or Hendricks Gin? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenZvan View Post
I didn't call in sick, per-se, but I did take Friday off, hop on the bike for the weekend and ride for 700 miles to the north shore of lake superior and back. Had a great time in the rain, snow, and slush, sleeping in a hammock. I wish I had stopped to get a shot of the tracks in the slush, but I did get the frost on my seat:

So there's that...
PM me your address, a die-cut, 3M reflective AntiHero decal has your name on it. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by omfgitsjeff View Post
I second this, I also didn't introduce myself. I'm the guy that showed up with Ed at first. So that would have been 5 inmates, probably too many for Lardo to handle. 4 was pushing it. It's been fun seeing your trip take a turn towards the Northwest. Let us know if you need a couch in Portland, Ed and I have a place with another rider, or message one of us and we can grab a drink.
Much appreciate the offer. My body is currently ahead of my ride report by a few hundred miles and one state. You (and my editing of food photos) are making a trip back to Portland tempting, though!
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #228
pilot3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
In the past few weeks, three orders that I know of (1 1199 and 2 899s). Several more before that, including a couple Multis. The real question is--how many people have purchased either a Strider folder or Hendricks Gin? :)
Such wonderful gin. Emptied a bottle tonight and need more before the weekend.

Great RR sir. Thanks for sharing.

p3
pilot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #229
NoSoup4U
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
[QUOTE=AntiHero;22631945]In the past few weeks, three orders that I know of (1 1199 and 2 899s). Several more before that, including a couple Multis. The real question is--how many people have purchased either a Strider folder or Hendricks Gin? :)

Are you kidding me?! Hendricks with bitters and tonic is ALL I drink since you put that in my head a long time ago, Sir! Can't get it everywhere but I turned quite a few people on to it as well :)
NoSoup4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #230
Todd34
Toubab

Oddometer: 850
I've been hitting the Hendrick's as well. The wife is flying back to Dakar right now and she even picked up another bottle for me at Duty Free!
Todd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #231
BenZvan
N7

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
PM me your address, a die-cut, 3M reflective AntiHero decal has your name on it. :)
Will do. Thanks. Honestly, I had been planning to make the trip for a while and ended up doing it last weekend, well after the fall colors had gotten going. I'll have to do a ride report next summer when I do the Lake Superior Circle Tour.
BenZvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #232
BenZvan
N7

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
I do love Hendricks, but I can't give you credit for that one. You should also check out Bittercube bitters for some excellent flavors.
BenZvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #233
deedub97GT
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
C'mon guys! I didn't think it would take that much prodding for someone to take me up on taking the day off to play dare. There's a free AntiHero decal (Red or Black Reflective) in it for the first guy (or girl) to do it and post a link to at least a few pics!!! Recording the call-in-sick audio or sending a screenshot of the "Can't come into work today--got stung by a bee." email get an extra bonus point.

Hey man. Just want to let you know I abso-fuckin-lutely love your work. read your first RR two times while I was on deployment last year and I'm glad your working on another!

I'm still going to take a trip around the U.S. on a bike I restored/built But i gotta put it off for about two more years lol.

Anyways. Here is my submission if no one else has jumped on it.

It was March and we left out of virginia beach VA (south east VA) I was dropping my fiancee off at work for her last day. then I had to swing by my command and drop off a few papers before I transferred to Mayport, Florida.

We were at a stoplight on my sporty (sorry guys, yeah I like Harleys..actually you know what. I only like sporties - no frills no gadgets bare bones bike) and my fiancee Amber yelled in my ear "I DONT WANT TO GO TO WORK WE SHOULD GO SOME WHERE." So with that the light turned green and off we went. No map, no plans, and no destination. We took the chesapeake bay bridge tunnel and followed that road all the way up through VA and into Maryland, where we stopped ate and had a few drinks then kept heading north. It started to get a little chilly around 6pm so we turned around and headed back a different route and got home a little after midnight.

Once i got to a computer and found out where we were i was sort of upset I was no shit about 3 miles south of Delaware. a state ive never been to. and probobly never will lol.

Oh also I never went back to that command. Just mailed them the paperwork they needed and we left for florida a day later.

So thats my attempt at a 3 sheets to the wind sixteen hour ride to no where. It was the most fun ive had in a long time, and it got Amber hooked on it. And now i want more...MORE!!!!

Anyways here is the only couple of pictures that i took from that ride. sorry about the cell phone quality....they were taken with a cell phone.

deedub97GT screwed with this post 10-25-2013 at 11:25 AM
deedub97GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #234
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Jesus, looks like my Hendricks consumption is lagging behind. Then again Oregon and Idaho make it less than convenient to buy....

deedub--love the line, "I DONT WANT TO GO TO WORK WE SHOULD GO SOME WHERE." Last time I heard that the girl who said it ended up robbing a few banks, so be careful, hombre! And shoot me a PM with your mailing address. AH decal coming at ya.

I had one of the best rides of this--or the last--trip today. Here's a little glimpse as to what's comin:

Tomorrow will be more of the same epicness. Got taxed for 86 in a 65, though. Better than being dopplered at 145!
Old 10-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #235
bills3t
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
just dropping aline to say thanks for sharing your thoughts along with the great photos . ( gotta love that your Italian Supermodel not afraid of the dirt )
bills3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #236
D-R0CK
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
loving the RR. My hometown is 20 minutes from Portland and it really is a depressing place! In Utah at college now, and a much happier environment The NW is really oppressive about 9 months a year, I'm so with you. And a lot of what you said has resonated with me as a college student. What the F am I doing here?! I toured U.W. too to see if it was worthwhile, and I absolutely agree, the place just SCREAMS "Rat-Race" Does skipping classes make me eligible for a sticker? If so I may run your sticker collection dry
D-R0CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:57 AM   #237
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R0CK View Post
Does skipping classes make me eligible for a sticker? If so I may run your sticker collection dry
Speaking of... Back in Pharmacy School we had an "Ethics Class". Yes people, an entire 4 months of healthcare "ethics". I browsed through the course book the first day of class and after rolling my eyes did not step foot back in the class except on test days (3 of them all semester.)

Got an A in the class without missing a single question on any of the tests.

PS. Subscribed for round 2 of the AH's and supermodel's antics
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #238
AntiHero OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bills3t View Post
just dropping aline to say thanks for sharing your thoughts along with the great photos . ( gotta love that your Italian Supermodel not afraid of the dirt )
Wait till I upload some of the videos in the dirt. Haven't gone down yet....

I'm lagging behind on the RR, but I'm continuing to snap pics and vids along the way. I have a very good excuse, though....more on that to come, if I can finish in time. Deadline looming.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #239
lurw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Wait till I upload some of the videos in the dirt. Haven't gone down yet....

I'm lagging behind on the RR, but I'm continuing to snap pics and vids along the way. I have a very good excuse, though....more on that to come, if I can finish in time. Deadline looming.
Don't hurry. I think part of the awesome thing this whole thread is is the anticipation that comes with waiting for new posts, pics, and experiences.

Also... cool to see it in the dirt, looking forward to the video, but please keep it upright. Seeing you or the Pani hurt would be something I think most of us couldn't stomach.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #240
amanlikemike
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 909
Quote:
Edit: Oh yes, I also discovered the R30 Kriega isn't fully waterproof. One memory card, my sketchbook, some brain meds, and some other shit I'd packed into the pockets of the backpack were soaked. Though Kriega, as a company, is awesome and has some bitchin' products (and their people are top notch), the technical writer for their website needs to be struck in the knuckles with a crowbar for writing shit like, "Kriega R30 is widely acclaimed as the best 100% waterproof motorcycle backpack in the world" and, "The best waterproof motorcycle backpack available."

As you can see from the single picture (below) taken after a 3 hour ride in the rain (I have to give credit to Sony, even with dust on the sensor the puddle in the pocket is still visible!), a hefty bag held onto my back using bungee cords would have been less comfortable, but more waterproof. This was a free bag from Kriega, given to me without me even asking, because they liked my R/R and wanted to give back, which makes me feel like a total, ungrateful asshole, but photos on a memory card and a sketchbook I had hours and hours of work into were proper fucked. I also lost 1/2 of the meds I take several times a day to keep my brain inside my skull. The truth: the main compartment of the bag is about 95% waterproof, but the pockets are only good for about 30 minutes of sprinkles. If you know this, the bag fucking rocks. If you don't, you're not going to be happy when it rains.

(This was the excess water that wasn't absorbed by my gear in the top pocket. Puddle in the bottom pocket was the same.) I'm no marketing genius, but the whole "backpack with two built-in cereal bowls" could be a real selling point.

The good news: I waterproofed the exterior with leather wax after this incident. Even in a 1 hour downpour (today), the pockets stayed dry and the rest of the backpack material repelled (instead of absorbed) water. I'm still amazed at how wearing the bag, even when loaded up with gear (and H20), feels far lighter than it really is. The support system is truly amazing, but care should be taken to prepare the bag for a typhoon.
Ouch.

There's no suggestion of you being ungrateful whatsoever, mate - it's a free(ish) country and YMMV etc. Likewise, I hope you don't think I'm coming across as a defensive asshole, when I ask whether this unfortunate situation could have possibly arisen due to the unusual way in which the R30 arrived in your life?

I can only theorize, but might it be that the usual hours of online geekery and asking around that most of us (myself included) perform before even the smallest part or accessory purchase, were skipped? And that, in this instance, the following points listed on the website and in the catalog were only noted after your gear took its first serious bath?
  • 100% waterproof main body with 6-point pack compression
  • Internal taped seam liner
  • 2 x zipped outer pockets (water-resistant)
  • YKK water-resistant zips.

Hopefully the reply I sent after you contacted me about this, explained the reasons why (as with the one on the top of your US-20) these pockets are only ever claimed to be water-resistant. But regardless, I am genuinely gutted to hear that your stuff got messed up in one of our packs – especially the irreplaceable sketches in your book – and completely understand your urge to vent.

I am also more than a little concerned by your experience of the main compartment being only “95% waterproof”. There is no way the main compartment should allow rain in. So, if this one leaks, please send it back to us and a replacement will be issued, because it must be defective.

That said, do let me know if my theory is off the mark and I'll be sure to make things clearer on the site. I will admit to whacking those R30 related superlatives into the description, but - in my defense - I was only paraphrasing!

RiDE magazine 31 Best Motorcycle Backpacks shoot-out.

Now where’s that *wraps knuckles with crowbar* smiley at?...

... Oh well, guess this one will have to do:

Cheers!

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread

amanlikemike screwed with this post 10-29-2013 at 01:56 PM
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote