ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #121
Darel OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Darel's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Slovenia
Oddometer: 141
Perfect

Crow agrees. It doesn't get any better than this...











Darel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:14 AM   #122
Darel OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Darel's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Slovenia
Oddometer: 141
Just to keep this thread alive

My previus bike Honda CBF 1000: It was very good machine, very driveable but a little heavy with its 255kg (560+ lbs). As it was it didn't fit my needs. It's intended for longer motorway trips and not for gravel where we found ourselves several times. It was funny looking at the disbelief faces of the rare passers-by at the hills. Therefore I exchanged it even though my wife didn't agree at that time.
I'm aiming at KTM SM 990 at the moment and wife doesn't agree again.. go figure...

Darel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:52 AM   #123
Darel OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Darel's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Slovenia
Oddometer: 141
I hope this weather we have now is sign of the nearing end of winter
As it has brought to us all kinds of weather extremes, sleet harvested half a forests, higher is much worst. I'll go and check the situation asap.



Momentarily a lot of roads is impassable. Probably lots of you have the similar problems as I can hear news from around. Floods, winds, extreme temps...Hopefully spring and better weather are coming soon

Darel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:33 AM   #124
Zeid
Adventurer
 
Zeid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Oddometer: 379
Gotta say, I subscribed to your thread. Some of the most absolutely beautiful pictures I've ever seen. That region looks like it would be so incredibly fun on a motorcycle. So picturesque! Thank you for the great photos
__________________
2013 BMW R1200 GSA Adventure Triple Black.
Zeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #125
Darel OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Darel's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Slovenia
Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeid View Post
Gotta say, I subscribed to your thread. Some of the most absolutely beautiful pictures I've ever seen. That region looks like it would be so incredibly fun on a motorcycle. So picturesque! Thank you for the great photos
Tnx
This year, if things will go according to plans, there will be a lot more. Trip to Hungary, not much travelled by ADVers, to the biggest lake in this areas, Italy, a little of Austria, maybe even some of Slovakia. And of course a lot of Mediterranean.
Darel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:59 AM   #126
Zeid
Adventurer
 
Zeid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darel View Post
Tnx
This year, if things will go according to plans, there will be a lot more. Trip to Hungary, not much travelled by ADVers, to the biggest lake in this areas, Italy, a little of Austria, maybe even some of Slovakia. And of course a lot of Mediterranean.
I'm sure while $$$ won't allow me and many others to be there with you in person, we'll be there with you in spirit... And imagination... I'll be putting it on my "places to ride some day" list for certain.
__________________
2013 BMW R1200 GSA Adventure Triple Black.
Zeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 07:42 AM   #127
Darel OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Darel's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Slovenia
Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeid View Post
I'm sure while $$$ won't allow me and many others to be there with you in person, we'll be there with you in spirit... And imagination... I'll be putting it on my "places to ride some day" list for certain.
We all have the same problem ($$$) I guess.

More proofs of improving weather



Bears are waking up

Darel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:55 AM   #128
Darel OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Darel's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Slovenia
Oddometer: 141
Good looking bike

Isn't it?



We rode today with my son and his cool Cobra


Darel screwed with this post 03-03-2014 at 12:15 AM
Darel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:33 PM   #129
Darel OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Darel's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Slovenia
Oddometer: 141
Sitting here in hotel somewhere in Vienna, entertaining myself in the lobby (beer, pretty waitress) i found funny sketch in the newspaper....



Funny
Darel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #130
ememxm
n00b
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Oddometer: 1
enjoy sunny vienna. waiting for more moto adventures.
best regards also from vienna
:)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
ememxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #131
Darel OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Darel's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Slovenia
Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by ememxm View Post
enjoy sunny vienna. waiting for more moto adventures.
best regards also from vienna
:)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Vienna is nice. I walked today from the centre to the Floridsdorf, where i stay, 8 kms. and people are friendly too
Darel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:24 AM   #132
travelR6
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Austria
Oddometer: 104
amazing pictures, subscribed!
i am looking forward to make a trip (camping) from austria down through slovenia and croatia - do you have any "must see" places on your list for this two countries? i am riding a r6, so offroading has its limits - a bit of gravel road doesn't hurt but within reason :). how is the weather there in august - to hot for full leather gear?

thank you in advance and keep on the good work. enjoy the ride


edit: by the way, if you want to do a bigger trip too i may suggest going through northitaly / osttyrol / switzerland (stay in the south) / france (route de grand alpes). i have been there last year for two weeks and this is a motorcyclists paradise. without exaggeration in those 14 days i road at least 3 passes a day. street conditions were really good too.

travelR6 screwed with this post 03-08-2014 at 03:31 AM
travelR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:33 AM   #133
Darel OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Darel's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Slovenia
Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelR6 View Post
amazing pictures, subscribed!
i am looking forward to make a trip (camping) from austria down through slovenia and croatia - do you have any "must see" places on your list for this two countries? i am riding a r6, so offroading has its limits - a bit of gravel road doesn't hurt but within reason :). how is the weather there in august - to hot for full leather gear?

thank you in advance and keep on the good work. enjoy the ride


edit: by the way, if you want to do a bigger trip too i may suggest going through northitaly / osttyrol / switzerland (stay in the south) / france (route de grand alpes). i have been there last year for two weeks and this is a motorcyclists paradise. without exaggeration in those 14 days i road at least 3 passes a day. street conditions were really good too.

I have some tips, of course. Just tell me from which part if Austria you're starting. Do you have any sugestions for eastern part between Vienna and Hungarian -Slovakian border. Tnx
And, It's hot in the summer, best time is may and early june.
Darel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #134
Darel OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Darel's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Slovenia
Oddometer: 141
Sava river

Warm days are dragging us out. Let's see the biggest river around. Tiny in comparison with Mississippi or Jangce but nice to drive along it's curves.

We decided to wear reflective vests. Not chic but safety first.



WW2 memorials all around...



Then we take route along the river....





Even a little canyon. Nice ride it was...

Darel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:57 AM   #135
travelR6
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Austria
Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darel View Post
I have some tips, of course. Just tell me from which part if Austria you're starting. Do you have any sugestions for eastern part between Vienna and Hungarian -Slovakian border. Tnx
And, It's hot in the summer, best time is may and early june.

hi darel,

unfortunatley thats the part of austria i don't know to much about. but i have a motorcycle tourbook on austrian roads, will make some copys of the maps if you are interested. also mariazell (wildalpen), which is somewhere "near" vienna is definitly a visit worth. also very beautiful scenery and roads there :)

i'll start my tour from linz (upper austria). how is camping in slovenia/croatia.. are there a lot of campingplaces and is wildcamping allowed? on my last trip there were plenty campingplaces (every 40km or so) and i never had a problem finding a place without reservation.
travelR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014