Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #46
auguzt
4ever n00b

Oddometer: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
Perhaps the difference between very good and off the chart great- Bradley Smith and MM both having the start of a low side (at least they looked similar)...
Yes, but with very different beasts. In Yamaha it appears that the main complaint is the front and it seems to me that their riders had many more lowsides than Honda's this year (not sure about that).
It's not my intention to underestimate what Marquez did with this save, it's simply unbeliveable, but I don't think that this episode showed any real difference in talent. Times on the track and comparison with team mates do.
Because if it's like you wrote THIS GUY should be on a factory bike right now.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #47
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,103
Quote:
Perhaps the difference between very good and off the chart great- Bradley Smith and MM both having the start of a low side (at least they looked similar). MM levers the bike back up onto the tires while BS has the bike slide away from him.
I've seen many riders lever a bike back up onto their tires. Though not with the elbow. Kevin Schwantz was famous for it.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #48
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,729
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis management View Post
I would love to see that but we would need to lose Mark and Jorge at a minimum for that to happen, unfortunately Vale is not that fast now. My dream podium would be Vale, Cal and Nicky, just cause I like those guys!

More important news tho, I am finally getting to see a Moto GP live at Philip Island..... I've only had to wait 57 years for this! Wonder if they'll let me ride one of their bikes if I ask nicely?

What could possibly go wrong?
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #49
sprocketjock
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 783
Sounds like the only way for Aleix to go to NGM would be to back off his pace considerably the rest of the season so he doesn't finish top CRT rider. Of course he's not going to do that, so barring injury I guess he's 'stuck' with Aprilia.
sprocketjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #50
foxaviz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Has Rossi used seamless gearbox on his engine through FP2? Or did the factory give him a brand new brakes for his front?

Lorenzo needed half season to evaluate and battle for P1 with Marquez at Silverstone. If he rides like "a man who chases Marquez, that has stolen his bike" alike as he did at Silverstone, it will be exciting races to watch for the rest of season.
.... I get bored going in a straight line.
I see a curve in the road..... I get excited. I might even turn around and go through it again.
Journey Photo Album
foxaviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #51
auguzt
4ever n00b

Oddometer: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxaviz View Post
Has Rossi used seamless gearbox on his engine through FP2?
Yes, both Factory Yamaha are using seamless gearbox from...this morning!
Old 09-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #52
foxaviz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by auguzt View Post
Yes, both Factory Yamaha are using seamless gearbox from...this morning!
That's great! Now I wonder if Cal can tail or even overtake the factories. I like his riding style.
.... I get bored going in a straight line.
I see a curve in the road..... I get excited. I might even turn around and go through it again.
Journey Photo Album
foxaviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #53
xltrider
Seasoned Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Lime View Post
Fixed your fix.
Thanks!
2012 Suzuki DL1000
xltrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #54
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,216
Quote:
Perhaps the difference between very good and off the chart great- Bradley Smith and MM both having the start of a low side (at least they looked similar). MM levers the bike back up onto the tires while BS has the bike slide away from him.
Marquez did that repeatedly last season in Moto 2, also. I didn't think he could get away with it in Moto GP. This is not the first time he has pulled it off. He did it at Indy. And at Silverstone he had a few huge moments coming through the last turn and he somehow not only kept from launching himself to the moon, he stayed on the gas and never broke stride.

Sh!t may bite him in they ass yet, and I know there are a fair few waiting for it to happen in a big way. But so far...what can you say?
Old 09-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #55
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
Shit...guess I can't stream FP1 and 2 at work since I turned that into a drinking game and will be drunk halfway through FP1's out lap.
I utilized the ambient only sound to full affect while watching FP1 and FP2. Didn't hear the word seamless until watching VR's post practice interview.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #56
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I utilized the ambient only sound to full affect while watching FP1 and FP2. Didn't hear the word absolutely until watching VR's post practice interview.
Now you're all stuck with that one in your head too. I refuse to suffer alone. Enjoy!
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #57
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Sh!t may bite him in they ass yet, and I know there are a fair few waiting for it to happen in a big way. But so far...what can you say?
Marquez is a young warrior. And his style is great to watch.

Yeah he´s probably gonna crash hard in the future as well... but remember that +320kmh get-off at Mugello practice didn´t prevent him from beating Pedrosa, and be on his way to 2nd place, when he binned it again (the only occasion, when he has crashed out of the race in MotoGP so far, been on the podium every time except that one!)
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #58
turnenem
TBD

Oddometer: 941
Espargaro was sure impressive in FP2! Ahead of all satellite bikes and both Factory Ducati's? Wow!
turnenem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #59
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnenem View Post
Espargaro was sure impressive in FP2! Ahead of all satellite bikes and both Factory Ducati's? Wow!
While I am not saying he is not riding very well, I am always hesitant to make comparisons between the CRT bikes and the prototypes since the CRT bikes are allowed to run a softer tire. If Esparago can manage to qualify in a similar position we will surely see him fade quickly after a handful of laps.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #60
swimmer
armchair asshole

Has anyone heard anything about Bradl going back to Nissin brakes several races ago? He switched to Brembo and was seemingly fighting for his ride at about the same time (earlier this summer) which combined to give him some good results but lately his pace seems to have dropped off.