Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #46
fammdw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt fe2o3 View Post
We were typing out the tunes at the same time

But not to derail the topic. I need a seat for my Caponord and lucky me has a spare OEM set sitting on the shelf.

I like the small squares or diamonds. I see them in vinyl, have to figure out if they do them in leather as well.

Most of my riding is Bay Area commute with jaunts to DV and Nevada, but generally I am not a 100 degree+ weather rider. Bike is under cover either from my arse or garage most of the time.

So real question is vinyl versus leather for comfort. Would love to hear folks chime in on RDL vinyl vs. leather experience.
Indeed we were. I warned kltk1 about people like that. I spent more time trying to undue the damage caused by individuals like him than I did collecting people's info for my list. I knew the "Helpers" would show up and unfortunately, he won't be the last.

I have had both the all vinyl and the all leather seat from RDL. I honestly could not tell a difference in the two by way of comfort. I've heard some say that the vinyl is hotter, but I did not experience that. The vinyl is by it's very nature a little slicker feeling (you slip around on it a bit more). The leather (if properly taken care of) should outlast even the highest quality vinyl though. I considered going back to vinyl this time, but I think I'm going to stick with leather.

You can get the diamond pattern you asked about in either vinyl or leather.
fammdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #47
fammdw
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kltk1 View Post
Ok folks, as of 8:45 PM EST, we're up to date on PM's. Everyone should have received a response. We're at 97! Excellent!

I received one question regarding building a seat on a Corbin seat pan. Does anyone know if Russell will build on an aftermarket seat pan?

Thanks for the support Matt and Mike. It's really appreciated. Have a good night everyone.
No problem man! You are doing a great job!

To answer your question, they don't like working on Corbin pans and they used to refuse to do so. The last time I spoke with Kim though (less than a month ago) she said they would build on a Corbin pan. I had called to make sure they would build on a Harley Hammock pan. When I mentioned that I knew they didn't do seats on a Corbin pan, she corrected me and said they do build on them now. I would suggest the person inquiring about it, contact RDL himself and ask based on the exact model bike he is putting it on to be sure.

Just tell him not to bug them about our group buy during his inquiry! In fact, don't even mention it!! LOL
Old 09-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #48
Micg1313
n00b

Oddometer: 5
First off my phone call was a question as to the material on the BMW. ( basket weave) in one of the pictures posted . I thanked Kim and inquired about this Forums group buy . Kim replied that nobody contacted them and this group buy was self initiated . She also stated that they again had no plans to do a group buy. She was aware of this by several calls in the last two days.
My intention was not and still is not to quash anyone's effort to make a deal better for all. I just repeated what she said . I didn't want anyone , let alone the original poster to feel slighted or 75 plus respondents disinchanted .

Hopefully it does come to fruition and everyone gets the discount.
Micg1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #49
fammdw
Adventurer

Russell Day-Long Group Buy 2013-14

Of course she told you they were not doing a group buy. If you take a moment to think about it, I think you can possibly even figure out why. You are calling her to inquire about a seat build they get over $500 for retail. Do you think she's going to tell a potential customer to wait two months and he can buy it for $400? Absolutely not!

RDL does not and never has organized a group buy. People like kltk1 do that for people like you and I. RDL benefits from it financially without having to lift a finger. If 150 people from this list buy a seat at a minimum of $400 each, that's a profit of $60,000 in one month. We shall see if they pass on that opportunity.

Everyone signing up for this group buy knows going into it that it is not a guaranteed thing. Everyone apparently, but you. It's not your responsibility to make sure the members of this list are not slighted. Do us a favor and don't "help" us anymore. You have done enough to ensure we're not disenchanted.

Maybe you should go back and read your post again. Then possibly, you will understand why you have been flamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micg1313 View Post
First off my phone call was a question as to the material on the BMW. ( basket weave) in one of the pictures posted . I thanked Kim and inquired about this Forums group buy . Kim replied that nobody contacted them and this group buy was self initiated . She also stated that they again had no plans to do a group buy. She was aware of this by several calls in the last two days.
My intention was not and still is not to quash anyone's effort to make a deal better for all. I just repeated what she said . I didn't want anyone , let alone the original poster to feel slighted or 75 plus respondents disinchanted .

Hopefully it does come to fruition and everyone gets the discount.

fammdw screwed with this post 09-13-2013 at 06:32 PM
Old 09-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #50
Micg1313
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Hey Mike , kiss my Irish ass . Like I said nobody contacted them but I wasn't the first to call . Like I said she was aware prior to my call .
WOW flamed on an Internet forum really
Micg1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #51
fammdw
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micg1313 View Post
Hey Mike , kiss my Irish ass . Like I said nobody contacted them but I wasn't the first to call . Like I said she was aware prior to my call .
WOW flamed on an Internet forum really
More words of wisdom from a genius. Why don't you ride your happy @ss back to the BMW forum on your stock seat. Save the money you were going to spend on a seat and take a couple community college courses on English sentence structure.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #52
Dadof5arrows
FJR Pilot

Oddometer: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fammdw View Post
More words of wisdom from a genius. Why don't you ride your happy @ss back to the BMW forum on your stock seat. Save the money you were going to spend on a seat and take a couple community college courses on English sentence structure.
Dadof5arrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #53
Trippps
Fool

Oddometer: 86
I couldn't find anything in the forum rules on a minimum number of posts to be allowed to PM, but I can't seem to find the option. Well here's one post. I'm here from the link on Triumphrat.net, hopefully I'll figure it out. Been wanting one for a while for my Rocket, this was the impetus to act.
Trippps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #54
FJR03
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I want to get in on this, but I have a question. I have an old Corbin one piece seat on my 03 FJR will they work on aftermarket seats?
FJR03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #55
fammdw
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR03 View Post
I want to get in on this, but I have a question. I have an old Corbin one piece seat on my 03 FJR will they work on aftermarket seats?
Kim told me that they would work on a Corbin seat pan a couple weeks or so ago. I'm sending in an aftermarket or at least a non-stock Harley Hammock one piece seat to have mine built on.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #56
fammdw
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippps View Post
I couldn't find anything in the forum rules on a minimum number of posts to be allowed to PM, but I can't seem to find the option. Well here's one post. I'm here from the link on Triumphrat.net, hopefully I'll figure it out. Been wanting one for a while for my Rocket, this was the impetus to act.
Trippps:

Some forums make you post on their introductions thread before you can have access to PMs and such. I don't think this is one of them though. Click on kltk1's name on one of his posts and select "send a private message" and see if that works.

From my iPad, I can click on his avatar picture and bring up his information page. From there, there's an envelope in the top right corner that you can click on to send a PM. I should probably add that I'm accessing the forum from the tapatalk app.

fammdw screwed with this post 09-13-2013 at 07:41 PM
Old 09-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #57
brentde3
Should be outside

Oddometer: 535
Thanks for setting this up. I think a brick would make a better seat for the NC. A Russell would be out of this world.

Oh, and PM sent

IBA# 49512
brentde3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #58
Kreskin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Hopefully by this point any other potential callers to RDL will realize it does nothing but possibly hinder the chance of a group buy happening. One of the biggest benefits to RDL besides a whole slew of business is the fact the majority of the legwork is done and they don't need to spend endless hours on the phone, when that changes the odds of a group buy happening drop.
Kreskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:07 AM   #59
Trippps
Fool

Oddometer: 86
I'm all set, I think I was waiting for mod approval.
Trippps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:38 AM   #60
fammdw
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post
Hopefully by this point any other potential callers to RDL will realize it does nothing but possibly hinder the chance of a group buy happening. One of the biggest benefits to RDL besides a whole slew of business is the fact the majority of the legwork is done and they don't need to spend endless hours on the phone, when that changes the odds of a group buy happening drop.
I know last year, they would not accept phone orders for the group buy. Everyone had to place their order electronically.

As far as calling them beforehand... I would encourage anyone that has a product related question to call them. The best way to decide what you want is to speak with them directly with your questions. A lot of those questions can be answered here by members with lots of experience with their product, but if not by all means call RDL.

The problem comes in when you start speaking to them about the group buy. If I'm Kim or anyone else fielding calls and answering questions about my product, my end goal is to sell that caller a product before they hang up the phone. When I here the words group buy come out of their mouth, I know I will not be making a sale to that caller. I would imagine that gets very aggravating after a while. Even so... They have come to expect it this time of year.

What does the real damage is when Kim denies knowledge of a possible group buy, the person comes back to the forum and reports that the group buy is not going to happen. I had several people do that last year during my group buy and I spent hours trying to keep people motivated afterwards. Several people removed themselves from the list to go in a different direction because of it, only to return after the others got their seats to express regret for not sticking around.

They have a great product and are happy to answer questions from potential customers. Just leave the group buy negotiation to the group buy administrator and our chances for success increase tenfold. We already have nearly 100 people on the list in just a few short days. That's way ahead of my numbers at the same point last year. Without making any guarantees, I would be shocked if we are not placing orders with them either the end of November or first of December.

fammdw screwed with this post 09-14-2013 at 06:06 AM