Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #76
Laconic
Hard Core

Oddometer: 15,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by H14 View Post
Took your advice, raised the bike back to stock and took out some pre-load. Rides like a completely different bike, much more fun now.

How do you like the velour? Does it act like a sponge in the rain?
Nice that you got it sorted out. Don't want the cook to be uncomfortable...

I keep the rain cover (comes with the new seat) on the seat if I'm riding in the rain and keep it covered when the bike stays out at night. I expect it would soak up water if it got rained on.

I think the velour is better than vinyl or leather for hot weather.
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #77
JohnnyReb
n00b

Oddometer: 4
I've now got my name in the hat.
JohnnyReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #78
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,526
Here's the seat and backrest I got on last year's group buy, installed on my ancient Goldwing. Graphite vinyl, dual, large rectangle. Just got back from a 4500km/10 day 2-up ride and had no comfort problems that could be blamed on the seat.

MacNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #79
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
If left out in the sun A LOT, yes, it will gray on you. Can't imagine it isn't anything that couldn't be prevented with some 303 sunblock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fammdw View Post
The velour has always interested me, but I have been afraid to go with it. Have you seen any sun bleaching on your velour material since you bought it?
kltk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #80
fammdw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Russell Day-Long Group Buy 2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kltk1 View Post
If left out in the sun A LOT, yes, it will gray on you. Can't imagine it isn't anything that couldn't be prevented with some 303 sunblock.
I think I'm going to stick with the leather on the Hog, but if I ever get me the adventure bike I've always wanted it will see a velour seat. I can't decide between the small diamond pattern (like the first gallery image on the RDL Harley page, only not red, no rivets and no awful embroidery) or the half moon stitch pattern I had on the Voyager.

fammdw screwed with this post 09-15-2013 at 09:59 AM
fammdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #81
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok everyone. As of 1:15 PM EST today all PM's have been added to the list and responded to. At this point we are at 134! Outstanding!

I received about 5 requests that I had to reject that came in yesterday with nothing other than a name. A friendly reminder, if you want to get on the list, please take a moment to read the rules before sending the PM to make sure you get on the list.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:07 AM   #82
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Good morning everyone. As of 9:55 AM EST all PM's received have been added to the list and responded to. We are at 147!

At this point we're faced with a good news/bad news situation. If past group buys are any indication RDL is probably only going to allow 125 seats at the group buy price. The list currently sitting at 147 is surely beyond that figure yet leaves enough room for those with status changes that can't participate to allow others to get in. That being said, I'm going to stop collecting names at the 150 mark until I can get some indication of where RDL is going with this years group buy. If they have one. And while I will reach out to them and let them know where we are, I fully expect they're going to tell me they haven't decided what they're going to do yet and will keep my information handy if/when they decide.

In closing I'm asking everyone's consideration on two things. 1) Please be patient. In all likelihood RDL won't announce their decision before 11/1/2013. That's a little ways off , so please, enjoy the remainder of the riding season. 2) If, for whatever reason, you won't be participating in the group buy please be courteous to others that would like to get on the list an opportunity and step aside to let them on. A simple PM to me will get your name off the list.

Thanks. And have a great day everyone.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #83
stinky1
n00b

Oddometer: 1
rdl buy

Hope I can be one of the last!!
stinky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #84
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Folks. I can't speak to the accuracy of what has just been posted. It might very well be the case. Having not been in the position of putting together a group buy with Russell I would hope this is not the case. That being said, we have to wait and see what RDL wants to do. If it turns out that RDL ignores the list, I apologize to everyone involved and would caution everyone that is serious about getting a seat this year to stay as engaged with RDL as much as is possible to find out what they're going to do and when they're going to open up the discount rate. As we saw with this list, available spots will fill up extremely fast and there won't be time to wait and pick what you want for your seat. Pick your designs, materials and colors now and have your order forms prepared to fax in the day they announce. Who knows, going forward this may be the best information we could have gotten as there won't be a need for lists in the future.

Having said all that, the inner child in me wants to say the hell with this effort now and you're all on your own as a result of the last post. However, we're not children anymore and I'll continue keeping abreast of what I can with RDL. When/if they let me know what they're going to do I'll let you know.

Have a safe riding season everyone..
Old 09-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #85
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 5,839
The whole premise here is "group buy"... therefore a "your on your own" scenario isn't what most folks have in mind. seems to me what has worked before will work again...
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #86
fammdw
Adventurer

You my friend, are a wise man! 😉

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBNE View Post
The whole premise here is "group buy"... therefore a "your on your own" scenario isn't what most folks have in mind. seems to me what has worked before will work again...
Old 09-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #87
fammdw
Adventurer

Just noticed that your statement below is in direct contradiction to the tag line in your signature. A funny coincidence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBNE View Post
Old 09-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #88
kltk1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Good morning everyone. At this point we're at the 150 mark on the list and I will no longer be adding anyone to it. As I stated above, I don't know what RDL is going to do with it, if they accept, and follow, it that will be great. If not, I apologize to those who were hoping it would have insured you would have gotten a seat.

That being said, I strongly recommend you subscribe to this thread if you haven't done so already and keep an eye out for updates as that's the quickest way to find out what's going on. Make sure your most regularly used email address is registered with your ADVRider account. When time permits, if those who have posted at other sites could update their posts letting people know the list is full, however, they should come to the ADVRider thread and subscribe to keep abreast of what's going on. Thanks!

Lastly, if/when RDL let's me know what's going on I'll post up what they intend to do in hopes that we can avoid future coordinators from putting in a lot of work for nothing. As I stated, what was posted may very well be true, we won't know until RDL talks to us about group buys in general and they won't discuss anything about group buys at all at this point.

Have a great day and please ride safe!
Old 09-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #89
Rook
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
I can't believe how fast this filled up.

I wish I had seen this post yesterday. I would be on the list if it weren't for you meddling kids!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #90
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 5,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by fammdw View Post
Just noticed that your statement below is in direct contradiction to the tag line in your signature. A funny coincidence!
only since you mentioned it...but that is funny...
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote