ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
DrFubar OP
Ditch Digger

Oddometer: 9
Northeast PA Single Track + Quad Trails

Looking for ADVenture in northeast PA? Me Too. I have strapped my Garmin to my DR and hit the trails. I am mapping out the Jim Thorpe, Nesquehoning, Summit Hill and Weatherly areas. I have found some nice spots to ride and am trying to piece together a good loop around the area. If you have any map data of this area please share and if you want access to what I have send me a private message.

DrFubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
Auto-X Fil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Y'all consider yourselves NEPA down there? I guess it differentiates you from SEPA = Philly/A-town.

Sorry, I've got nothing down there. Ride north about two hours and I've got the goods, though...
Auto-X Fil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #3
Masterpotter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
You will get a fine riding on PA State Game Lands, unless it's a "road" . I have the paperwork to prove this. Best of luck .
Masterpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:41 AM   #4
DrFubar OP
Ditch Digger

Yes no doubt you will get a fine. The yellow road on the right is RT93 stuff on the right of the road has signs and gates and is probably patrolled. the land on the left seems to be more of a no mans land. State Game land then some land owned by a local business then private property at the far most end.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:46 AM   #5
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 2,798
you really shouldn't be posting stuff like this on line.
Even if YOU have the REQUIRED written permission to ride there, 100's of people will read this and show up, pissing off someone, and making the rest of us who follow the laws look bad.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:40 AM   #6
camaroz1985
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Agreed, I was excited to see this until I realized you this wasn't actually designated trails. I love that area, and the people of Weatherly are great (I've run the hillclimb there several times). Last thing I would want to do is piss someone off by riding where we aren't supposed to be.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:44 AM   #7
DrFubar OP
Ditch Digger

I can post the tracks just on the non game land stuff the gray area is no problem to ride and most of the purple is a game land road with no gate.

the posted private property is west of the gray tracks.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #8
DrFubar OP
Ditch Digger

I updated the picture to reflect just the Kovatch land where people park their trucks and Jeeps/ trailers full of dirt bikes.

fire tower road is good to ride on. Only thing i can say about the area is west is posted land i have not ridden on and to the right not a sign in sight so if you do wish to stay off the game lands, bring your GPS.

DrFubar screwed with this post 07-24-2014 at 09:28 AM
Old 08-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #9
specvtech
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I used to ride four wheelers up in that area years ago and to this day its still some of the best riding ive ridden around here. But from what i understand most of the area around there is posted and shut down. I used to ride around the mountain that the hill climb is on and i know you cant be there anymore from what im told and can see (yellow posted signs that are fresh). if a buddy asked me about going up in casual conversation i would strongly recommend staying on public roads and not going off road near there. Just my 2 cents
1980 Suzuki GS450L Red (dad bought new, unrestored showroom condtion, 8k original miles)
BROKE (n): Having too much month at the end of your money.
specvtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:45 AM   #10
glfett
n00b

Pa. riding Adv.

There are latterly hundreds of of miles of trail, two track jeep roads, in north and central Pa. that are legal to ride on. Most of the state forest have maps of these trailes. Some of the trails can be very challenging, some are just dirt roads your pick what you want to do. There are over 25 thousand miles of dirt road in Pa. that can be riden legally with a street legal bike. No need to trespass or ride state game lands. Some of the state game lands have legal roads you can ride. Some may be seasonal.

Pa. has 2.2 million acers of state park, and 4.8 million acers of State Game lands. Stay on maked trails and be safe.
glfett is offline   Reply With Quote