ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #46
Doonie
Monarch 92
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Briag Boy
Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_bloke View Post
Is that the '81 Chain Drive XV1000? I had one of those:

BTW, noice job of the shed
The motor is an XV 920. Here's some pics of the build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__BblH7Q1tQ

Doon
__________________
No woman ever shot a man when he was washing the dishes.
Doonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #47
dirt_bloke
No idea
 
dirt_bloke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Wide Bay, Queensland, Australia
Oddometer: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonie View Post
The motor is an XV 920. Here's some pics of the build.
Only when you build something like that, you know the hours and hours of thinking about it then measure/design/measure/build/measure/tack/measure/adjust/measure/weld/measure.....

I didn't know about the 920, stroke or bore difference to the 1000?

Pete
__________________
I've often thought that
_________________________________________
Not a Member of the......Quorn Schnitzel Club
(yet)
dirt_bloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #48
Sol Erzenberg
Lost somewhere
 
Sol Erzenberg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Adelaide - North East.
Oddometer: 1,312
I bought my new shed from Statco about 18 months ago for our new house, not a big shed (only 3.1m x 9.25m).

Just need our builder to finally finish the last retaining wall (long story ) & I can then start building my shed at last !!!
__________________
2009 KTM 690 R
"Thats A Sweet Noise You Got There Man, I Had You Picked Clear Across The Mallee"
2006 KTM 625 SXC
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1979 Honda CR125R Elsinore.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC







Sol Erzenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #49
OzJuJu
Team Barracuda
 
OzJuJu's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: SA, land of chocolate
Oddometer: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_bloke View Post
Good to see you have a helper. Prising my son off the Xbox to help is like pulling teeth. While I'm on that, you want to hear him moan "who's on the internet/stop down loading/I'm lagging/get off youtube/blah blah blah"!

FFS I'm the one who goes to work to pay for all this, anyway I've things on in the shed to do...
I had a problem with this one a year ago with her iPad.... then I started to drag her around on the back of the bike, recently she has been coming out indoor climbing with me, yesterday she topped out her first 15m climb on real rock and she has been helping me with the shed.. I said to my missus the other day "you had the first 10 yrs, I'll have the next" I'm trying to drag her into everything I do so that when the boys start knocking on the front door she'll say "Nah goin rock climbing, riding with the old man today!" (well that's what I'm hopin for anyway )
__________________
XT660Z '11
TTR250 Open Enduro '98
OzJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #50
Precis
Maladroit malcontent
 
Precis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Lumpy part of Victoria
Oddometer: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJuJu View Post
I had a problem with this one a year ago with her iPad.... then I started to drag her around on the back of the bike, recently she has been coming out indoor climbing with me, yesterday she topped out her first 15m climb on real rock and she has been helping me with the shed.. I said to my missus the other day "you had the first 10 yrs, I'll have the next" I'm trying to drag her into everything I do so that when the boys start knocking on the front door she'll say "Nah goin rock climbing, riding with the old man today!" (well that's what I'm hopin for anyway )
If she's old enough to climb, she's old enough to ride - her own bike. Having met Jessica Watson (RTW sailor) a couple of years ago, ours has decided she wants to ride RTW straight after finishing school; I suspect that this means I will have to sell the shed and all its contents, just to fund this adventure.....
__________________
"I would like to die on Mars; just not on impact." Elon Musk
Precis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #51
Andrew2
Team 250
 
Andrew2's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Wollongong,N.S.W.
Oddometer: 5,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJuJu View Post
Day 1 and 3 of my current rework.... I'm aiming for a January finish




What insulation are you using there.My sheds like a sauna in summer.

Cheers
A2
__________________

Andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #52
b0mb3r
Old Git
 
b0mb3r's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Sunshine Coast QLD
Oddometer: 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precis View Post
If she's old enough to climb, she's old enough to ride - her own bike. Having met Jessica Watson (RTW sailor) a couple of years ago, ours has decided she wants to ride RTW straight after finishing school; I suspect that this means I will have to sell the shed and all its contents, just to fund this adventure.....

what a wicked dream
__________________


White pig

b0mb3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:37 AM   #53
OzJuJu
Team Barracuda
 
OzJuJu's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: SA, land of chocolate
Oddometer: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2 View Post
What insulation are you using there.My sheds like a sauna in summer.

Cheers
A2
Knauf Earthwool from Bunnings, not cheap @ $35 a roll for R2.0 and 11m2 but easy to install and not as itchy as other shit. Just wear a dust mask!
__________________
XT660Z '11
TTR250 Open Enduro '98
OzJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #54
OzJuJu
Team Barracuda
 
OzJuJu's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: SA, land of chocolate
Oddometer: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precis View Post
If she's old enough to climb, she's old enough to ride - her own bike. Having met Jessica Watson (RTW sailor) a couple of years ago, ours has decided she wants to ride RTW straight after finishing school; I suspect that this means I will have to sell the shed and all its contents, just to fund this adventure.....
I'm sure she will need a mechanic to tag along..... meaning you of course, unless she is better at that than you.
__________________
XT660Z '11
TTR250 Open Enduro '98
OzJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:50 AM   #55
shaun66
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Oddometer: 110
Weld bench

I,ve just recently finished building a weld bench, & can still use the 3rd bay.




shaun66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:17 AM   #56
Precis
Maladroit malcontent
 
Precis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Lumpy part of Victoria
Oddometer: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJuJu View Post
I'm sure she will need a mechanic to tag along..... meaning you of course, unless she is better at that than you.
Plan is for all three of us to go.... complimentary skills, languages, etc. Time will be tight though - between getting her licence and starting at Uni!
__________________
"I would like to die on Mars; just not on impact." Elon Musk
Precis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014