Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2014, 09:06 PM   #886
nry

Oddometer: 1,199
Hey fogo,
I've been searching for tyres and mousses for a while now and its the same old story with michelins, you cant get them for love nor money even when my mate worked for them.
After having a good look at Rod F's bike at the sydney show and noting he runs Dunlops (my tyre of choice as a brummie ) and your reference to him running Mefo mousses. I contacted MXone who emailed Rod, who was very helpful indeed and then they got back to me in less than 4 working hours.
Awesome service.
Anyway I am now much poorer after having invested in mousses and mousse changing / fitting equipement..
The reason for my post ?
I made sure I let them know exactly where I got the lead on the Mefo / Rod F connection from so they know their support of team fogo has returns for them.
They were happy to hear it
See you at Condo.
nry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #887
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Oddometer: 1,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by nry View Post
Hey fogo,
I've been searching for tyres and mousses for a while now and its the same old story with michelins, you cant get them for love nor money even when my mate worked for them.
After having a good look at Rod F's bike at the sydney show and noting he runs Dunlops (my tyre of choice as a brummie ) and your reference to him running Mefo mousses. I contacted MXone who emailed Rod, who was very helpful indeed and then they got back to me in less than 4 working hours.
Awesome service.
Anyway I am now much poorer after having invested in mousses and mousse changing / fitting equipement..
The reason for my post ?
I made sure I let them know exactly where I got the lead on the Mefo / Rod F connection from so they know their support of team fogo has returns for them.
They were happy to hear it
See you at Condo.
Good to hear, don't forget those guys at MX1 Australia threw a bucket load of products at a young kid that they knew wouldn't be up with the front runners. Just supporting new starters into the Rally world.
thanks nry.

Cheers Fogo...
Fogo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:54 PM   #888
RussellM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogo72 View Post
I think I paid $200 for this bike off an inmate. Most KLX650's that are sold with engine problems go complete for between $200 - $400.
Most have the head removed and in a box next to the bike.
So you've got a candidate for a run on the Scrapheap ride. :)

Flashest looking scrapper I've seen.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:34 AM   #889
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Thanks for the donations guys, Junior has enough now to buy a front Michelin Desert. $165

One inmate has gone well and beyond the call of duty and got designed and made up 12 Team KLX polo shirts with the sponsors names on them.
Way too much money that should be donated. I only found out about them cause he heard I was thinking about ordering shirts.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:46 AM   #890
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

I made some fibreglass panels today from the side of the spare fairing.

Then a small mould.

Cut and profile them and get ready to join them to the bottom of the sides of the fairing.

Wont look too bad when the fairing is painted green in a few days.

I will be able to fibreglass in a couple of alloy plates behind the side wings to pull the sides of the fairing in next to the tank.

I'm sick of this on off on off on off shit.

Once the fairing is painted the same colour as the frame and has all the sponsors stickers on it, it should look good.

No time to spare, back to the shed for the night, or morning.

Cheers Fogo...
Old 04-02-2014, 01:56 AM   #891
buckscreek
AUTODIDACTIC

Oddometer: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowz View Post
^
^
^
Me too.

Just wondering whose going to fix the blade on that windmill?
I reckon fogo has a new blade fabbed up and ready to fit on next years' Pooncarie run BTW is that near Darnick?
buckscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:14 AM   #892
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckscreek View Post
I reckon fogo has a new blade fabbed up and ready to fit on next years' Pooncarie run BTW is that near Darnick?
Hillston area, coming back from Mungo.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:27 AM   #893
Sundowner
Bort

Oddometer: 3,447
Quote:
I'm just lapping in the cams as they are a bit to tight and I will bolt on the head and recheck some clearences.
We might be back in the game yet.
I'm part way through my head rebuild on the Super Tenere rally build and have struck the same issue - the old 750 inlet cam is tight in the new 850 head. How did you go about lapping in your cams, please Fogo? I'm at the stage of bolting the head down but don't want to do it without sorting this issue. The exhaust cam is perfect, which is typical under Murphy's Law, as it sits on fewer journals.
Say 3 Hail KLRs and recite the old Honda "skid demon" warning 3 times." - CA Stu
Sundowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:06 AM   #894
MymoJoe
Ride Ride Ride

Oddometer: 2,739
bleeding??

Looks like Jr's 700 is bleeding green

Quote:
I made some fibreglass panels today from the side of the spare fairing.

Then a small mould.

Cut and profile them and get ready to join them to the bottom of the sides of the fairing.

Wont look too bad when the fairing is painted green in a few days.

I will be able to fibreglass in a couple of alloy plates behind the side wings to pull the sides of the fairing in next to the tank.

I'm sick of this on off on off on off shit.

Once the fairing is painted the same colour as the frame and has all the sponsors stickers on it, it should look good.

No time to spare, back to the shed for the night, or morning.

Cheers Fogo...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...33#post7397233

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
MymoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:07 PM   #895
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,909
Two days and 6 hrs with no updates - where are we at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:28 AM   #896
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Still going with the fairing today, it is all rubbed back and turned out A1, it is in the shed tonight covered in spray putty and primer. Rub back in the morn and if it is sunny, a coat of 2pac green will go on.

It is such a shame to paint Michaels fairing, He did a beautiful job on the Carbon fibre. Sorry mate but KLX's have gutta be green.
But I did clear coat the side vents and tape them up so after the green I can remove the tape and have the carbon vent look.

Blood hell any one tried to buy a "Dust light". I originally fitted a normal tail/brake light which melted on the dyno cause it had the brake light to run all the time. Got too hot.
So I had a couple on the way off ebay. This one turned up today and it seams OK.

All the Nav tower is wired up now and it just comes alive when you power up the bike.

And all that wiring I was worried about fitted behind the new headlights with a little bit of fiddling.

If we can get some paint on the fairing tomorrow we plan on going for a ride on Sunday to get Junior used to the nav gear.

Shut up Troy. yes I know, a bit late.

We really just want to win best bike a scrutineering, not sure if I will let Junior ride it yet.

Cheers Fogo..
Old 04-04-2014, 06:16 AM   #897
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,909
Looks good - are you/have you added a battery to keep the nav powered on when the bike is not running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #898
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,302
, still lurking, wish you............................................... ..all...............................
Myway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #899
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciedema View Post
Looks good - are you/have you added a battery to keep the nav powered on when the bike is not running?
Being a bike with no battery, I have remove the LHS side plate and unplug the capacitor and plug in a car battery when I need power to fiddle.

Cheers Fogo....
Old 04-05-2014, 12:16 AM   #900
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Thunderdan came over while it was raining and we made a mobile spray booth with some sheets that Junior got from the opp shop.

The fairs got 2 coats of primer and a coat of spray putty.

the 2 Pac green went on nice and glossy with the spray booth heated with 2 fan heaters. Now I will let the go all night on low and check from time to time.

Thanks to those who have donated to Junior to help him get to Condo. He has raised enough to buy 1 and a half tyres so great work.
Again thanks to the 16 inmates that have dug deep. If you would still like to donate a few bucks there is a link at the bottom of my Signature, below the green writing.

Cheers Fogo..

Fogo72 screwed with this post 04-05-2014 at 12:23 AM