User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
indexasp OP
V-strom newb

Oddometer: 2
Motomachines.com experience

Thus far I've not been impressed with Motomachines.com. Hoping they prove me wrong though.

I ordered a center stand and the Lock It carrier rack from them.. That's $600+ as a first order to a vendor, and one of the only places selling H&B in the US.

The Lock it kit came with TWO left side carriers (the rack itself that screws into the mounts you install on the bike, with four 1/4 turn proprietary hex bolts).

Ed Stiley has been my contact, but he maintains that such a thing could not happen since "We only send out complete side carriers. They come with two different sides being one left and one right."

Now, when you have a kit made of different parts, put together by a human and then shipped out.. things happen. I get that.

I would expect a question or two from the distributor to ensure there's actually a problem vs user error.. but to maintain that a primary component of the kit is correct when it is not, despite the very obvious (and easy to understand) error of including two identical parts vs matching left and right parts? That's no bueno, Motomachines.

Please make this right!

Rich in Tennessee
indexasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
indexasp OP
V-strom newb

Oddometer: 2
follow up

Motomachines did respond to my email support requests - once they accepted that a packing error had been made and that duplicate left side racks had been sent to a customer, they quickly sent out a right-side rack and a shipping form for the return part. They also sent out most of the hardware needed to attach the rack, and have committed to sending the remainder.

I would order from them again, knowing they'll correct any issues with the shipment/product.
indexasp is offline   Reply With Quote