Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 02:08 AM   #1
mrgard OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Norway (via Munich) to Sofia, oct 4-5

Hi fellow riders,

I'm planning to take my Africa Twin from Norway to Bulgaria, via the "Autozug" train in Germany (Hamburg to Munich)

So the fun part will then be from Munchen to Sofia. Drawback is that I have only 2 days on that leg, from friday morning until saturday night.

How much twisty roads and mountain pass'es is it possibly to squeeze into such a short time? Asfalt and gravel, but not too technical off-road since I will be riding alone. Any tips will be greatly appreciated:-)

I will be in Bulgaria for ca 3 years, and are really looking forward to discover the country and the whole region! So any advriders in the area? would be great to meet up!

Greetings from Gard
mrgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
ikristiqn
n00b

Hello. It will be pleasure for me to show you some places in Sofia and around (~80 km). If you need ANY assistance or help, write down my mobile numbers and call me 24/7 - 00359 896 820 600, 00359 89 444 5005
ikristiqn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
Ivan_J
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Welcome to our beautiful and pleasant to ride anywhere country.
When you come near Varna, call me and I will show you some nice fireroads.
PM me in advance.
Ivan_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
aso
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Hi, Gard,
Greetings from Bulgaria- I am sure, that you’ll really enjoy your stay here.
Where are you planning to stay for the next 3 years?
I am from Sofia and unfortunately couldn’t manage to fine enough time for my bike, during this year, but hope that this can be changed during the next one.
I am also with Africa (XRV 750), so I’ll be keen to meet you and to ride together ;)
If you are planning to stay in Sofia- you can give me a call and we can meet each other- for a beer or for riding with other fellows- both are good options ;)
My number is +359 887 177 806/ Asen

Cheers!

P.s.
There is also a topic about your post in the Bulgarian biggest forum- Offroad-Bulgaria.com; there is also a motorbike section- I am confident, that you are going to find a lot of friend there. Anyway, there is also a message from Kristiqn related to your request, but he doesn’t have a registration and can’t post here, so here is copy- paste:
"Hello. It will be pleasure for me to show you some places in Sofia and around (~80 km). If you need ANY assistance or help, write down my mobile numbers and call me 24/7 - 00359 896 820 600, 00359 89 444 5005".

P.s. 2
For next Friday and Saturday (20 & 21) I am planning a short trip to Greece, because I have a work in Thessaloniki and afterwards I am planning to go back by the follow route:
http://goo.gl/maps/te6kD
aso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
vaio
Alexander

Oddometer: 8
You are welcome! If you wanna ride with somebody or want to discover Bulgaria in autumn, don't be hesitate to send me message. Now is perfect time for ride the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgard View Post
Hi fellow riders,

I'm planning to take my Africa Twin from Norway to Bulgaria, via the "Autozug" train in Germany (Hamburg to Munich)

So the fun part will then be from Munchen to Sofia. Drawback is that I have only 2 days on that leg, from friday morning until saturday night.

How much twisty roads and mountain pass'es is it possibly to squeeze into such a short time? Asfalt and gravel, but not too technical off-road since I will be riding alone. Any tips will be greatly appreciated:-)

I will be in Bulgaria for ca 3 years, and are really looking forward to discover the country and the whole region! So any advriders in the area? would be great to meet up!

Greetings from Gard
vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
sasho
Dual Personality

Oddometer: 445
If you are going to be in Bulgaria for 3 years, I can meet when I get back there as well.
I have a Yamaha XTZ 750 stored there, in top running condition thanks to Ivan_J!!
sasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
mrgard OP
n00b

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for kind replies! This looks promising :-) Lets get in touch when I come to Sofia, will be cool to meet new biker friends! Me & my family will live close to city centre.

Also a question, which shop in Sofia is the best for doing bike service? And new tires? (normally I use TKC80, looks like at least motoboom.bg have Conti tires)

All the best,
-Gard
Old 09-24-2013, 05:15 AM   #8
nii
Johnnie Walker

Oddometer: 62
Indeed in motoboom you can have your bike serviced, they also have Castrol oil etc.

Sometimes they do not have on stock all sizes of tires, perhaps you can e-mail them to check.

If they do not have the tires, you can also check out http://www.dalkomotors.com/?page=91 they also have a good stock.

if you wish to have a beer - PM me.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:30 AM   #9
mrgard OP
n00b

Sunday-trip to Pleven

Hi fellow riders, I arrived safely in Sofia 2 weeks ago after some 2150 km on the bike. Unfortunately I was a bit short on time so had to use the highway most of the time. But still a nice (and cold!) trip:-)

Tomorrow morning (Sunday) I will try to restart my bike, and have a quick ride to Pleven to look at a car. Anyone care to join? Plan to start ca between 8 and 9 in the morning, quick highway-ride up to meet car seller, then explore smaller roads on the way back to Sofia.

I also got Bulgarian phone now, call me +359 894863087 if you want to join the trip, or also call just to have a beer:-)
-Gard