ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #16
tedmarshall
Studly Adventurer
 
tedmarshall's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Wilmette, Illinois
Oddometer: 507
This is a real crime

I feel dis-connected. Anything I Can do from here in good old Chicago? Any leads I could work on?

Ted
tedmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:49 AM   #17
ZZ-R Rider
Captain Fantastic
 
ZZ-R Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Far East of the Western World
Oddometer: 395
I am a member of another motorcycle related website and the administrator has emailed me twice to inform me that someone made several attempts to log in under my user account, but were unable to because of incorrect password ... the site admin provided me with the I.P. addresses of the perps and I checked 'em out ... one was from St. Petersburg, Russia and the other from France ...

Hacking asshats should all get a kick in the nuts!
__________________
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes ...
ZZ-R Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #18
ZZR_Ron
Underground
 
ZZR_Ron's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 8,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-R Rider View Post
I am a member of another motorcycle related website and the administrator has emailed me twice to inform me that someone made several attempts to log in under my user account, but were unable to because of incorrect password ... the site admin provided me with the I.P. addresses of the perps and I checked 'em out ... one was from St. Petersburg, Russia and the other from France ...

Hacking asshats should all get a kick in the nuts!
Phew! Thought maybe I was hammered and tried to log in with the wrong username!!!
__________________
Great minds think alike;small minds seldom differ...
ZZR_Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #19
damurph
Cold Adventurer
 
damurph's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: The far east of the far east of North America
Oddometer: 1,261
Just like the Cod.........She's gone b'yes...She's gone.

I hope I am wrong but I suspect the bullshit of last year combined with the hackers has beaten the administration of the site into submission.

My personal thanks to Coolhand and his former mods for all the hard efforts. It was a pleasure to get to know a lot of the members over the past few years.
__________________
R1150 GSA, KLR650, K75s(x3), RD350, PS250 (Big Ruckus), R65, 990 Spyder
If I still had every dollar I spent on motorbikes I would be a richer man but a poorer person.
damurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #20
dresda
shut up and RIDE!
 
dresda's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: South Eastern Shore of Ontario
Oddometer: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by damurph View Post

My personal thanks to Coolhand and his former mods for all the hard efforts. It was a pleasure to get to know a lot of the members over the past few years.
Ditto! I'll miss that place. Good times....

__________________
Stephanie
'01 Suzuki DR650 (Patsy Q), '11 VW Golf TDI Wagon
'....and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen, incessant quotations from "Now We Are Six" through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant, poisoned, electric head. ' from My Pink Half of the Drainpipe by Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band.

dresda screwed with this post 10-02-2013 at 04:29 PM Reason: added photo
dresda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #21
Littlepeter
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Littlepeter's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Cape Breton Island,Nova Scotia, Canada
Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by damurph View Post
Just like the Cod.........She's gone b'yes...She's gone.

I hope I am wrong but I suspect the bullshit of last year combined with the hackers has beaten the administration of the site into submission.

My personal thanks to Coolhand and his former mods for all the hard efforts. It was a pleasure to get to know a lot of the members over the past few years.
Yes, many thanks to all. I checked in daily and am really missing it. Overall a great bunch of people concentrated in one place. I guess everyone is still out there but it just won't be the same. I hope that it makes a comeback.

Peter
Littlepeter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:04 AM   #22
Mountain.doo
Go Fishing
 
Mountain.doo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland and Labrador, Ultimate in Adv Riding
Oddometer: 19
Might as well keep the thread going....

I would normally post this on RTR but might as well up my ADV odometer and keep the thread going.


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Mountain.doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:06 AM   #23
Mountain.doo
Go Fishing
 
Mountain.doo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland and Labrador, Ultimate in Adv Riding
Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris_NL View Post
Ride the Rock is still down, hope to see it back soon!
Hey man, I picked this up a few weeks ago. You were my inspiration!


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Mountain.doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:00 AM   #24
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,330
If RTR is gonna be down permanently, maybe do like others do here and just have a regional thread. Let folks know it's there, keep it active, and it can be home.

All it takes is to spread the word, and keep in touch.

I like RTR, it would be a shame to see it go. But things change sometimes.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #25
damurph
Cold Adventurer
 
damurph's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: The far east of the far east of North America
Oddometer: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
If RTR is gonna be down permanently, maybe do like others do here and just have a regional thread. Let folks know it's there, keep it active, and it can be home.

All it takes is to spread the word, and keep in touch.

I like RTR, it would be a shame to see it go. But things change sometimes.
I thought the same thing but we ain't very formal so hows 'bout we use this thread. Keeps the Ride the Rock theme going with the respect to RTR that it deserves.
__________________
R1150 GSA, KLR650, K75s(x3), RD350, PS250 (Big Ruckus), R65, 990 Spyder
If I still had every dollar I spent on motorbikes I would be a richer man but a poorer person.
damurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #26
damurph
Cold Adventurer
 
damurph's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: The far east of the far east of North America
Oddometer: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain.doo View Post
I would normally post this on RTR but might as well up my ADV odometer and keep the thread going.


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Spotted yerself and Paulie 2000 when you were spinning around on Logy Bay Rd on Sunday afternoon.
__________________
R1150 GSA, KLR650, K75s(x3), RD350, PS250 (Big Ruckus), R65, 990 Spyder
If I still had every dollar I spent on motorbikes I would be a richer man but a poorer person.
damurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #27
BKMLWR
Wondering around...
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: North Carmel
Oddometer: 4,350
over in the Northeast forum we have a "Maine Riders" thread that gets quite wide ranging at times. Most of the regular posters have met at one time or another and is nice way to share our own little adventures..
In place of RTR a thread for N/L might not be a bad idea
__________________
Sometimes I get off the bike before it has come to a complete stop....
Another Proud Small Scale Faker......
Praise You In This Storm
LifeSong
BKMLWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #28
tedmarshall
Studly Adventurer
 
tedmarshall's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Wilmette, Illinois
Oddometer: 507
This is depressing

What next? Sean Connery bites the dust? Makers Mark banned from Blue States? KTM bought by BMW? Sophia Vergara a lesbian? Wait that last one would 't matter.
tedmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #29
Harris_NL
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Lethbridge, Newfoundland & Labrador
Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain.doo View Post
Hey man, I picked this up a few weeks ago. You were my inspiration!


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Awesome bike! How do ya find it so Far?
__________________
2003 HD Heritage Softail
Harris_NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #30
Harris_NL
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Lethbridge, Newfoundland & Labrador
Oddometer: 15
Got out for a couple rides last weekend. Saturday evening I rode from Lethbridge to Splash n Putt and back for a quick ride, then sunday I went for a little longer ride. I took the TCH to Glovertown, then went back to Traytown and rode around Eastport, Salvage and Burnside before heading back home. It was a great weekend of riding for the last weekend of September.

__________________
2003 HD Heritage Softail
Harris_NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014