Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
lennie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Rocket Sprockets clearance sale 9 degree advance cam timing for BMW R259 oilheads

I have 50 sets of new sprockets I want to clear and I will offer them at $200.00 + $20.00 AUD for international registered mail for any interested AdvRider members. ($216.00 + USD total).

I have 25 sets of the seconds sprockets I want to clear and I will offer them at $140.00 + $20.00 AUD for international registered mail for any interested AdvRider members. ($155.00 + USD total).

If you are interested email me here and I will organise the payment with you via Paypal instead of my web page.

Payment can be made via PayPal to lenmor@activ.com.au .

The benefits are good for the GS and other models and are certainly worth the expense to install.

Life is always good
lennie@boxer-performance.com
www.boxer-performance.com

lennie screwed with this post 06-10-2012 at 05:26 PM
lennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
Phil Y
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Lennie, been considering both your sprockets as well as the InDuct but I'm wondering whether they work on different ends of the rev scale, i.e., don't the sprockets move the hp/torque curve to lower rev range and the InDuct work in the upper levels?
Old 05-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
lennie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Phil,

The InDuct removes the restriction on the intake side allowing the bike to easily draw air into the cylinders and this helps at all revs. It also helps smooth the engine a little too.

THe Rocket Sprockets lower the torque curve and that improves part and full throttle response allowing for the use of on gear higher in most types of riding.

They also help smooth the engine and with the use of the higher gear in most cases improves fuel consumption.

One UK customer did a 1920 mile trip from Lands End to John O'Groats and stated they almost paid for themselves on that one trip.

For the GS owners it will help in the slower riding as well with the increased torque at the lower revs and smoother running.

Let me know if you are interested in placing an order.

Life is always good
Old 05-21-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
lennie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

1 less set of the seconds as sold to an existing R1100S customer for his R1200GS.

Life is always good
Old 05-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
Phil Y
Adventurer

Ok, pls explain the difference between the "seconds" and "new."
Old 05-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
lennie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Phil,

I have expalined this in the past.

My first 2 batches of CNC sprockets had a step missed that reamed the locating pin hole oversize to allow for shrinkage with the case hardening process.

I processed the batches in one go with the installation of the pins and discovered much to my chargrin much later that a crack appeared between the locationg pin hole and the cam mounting hole. I removed the pins and redrilled the holes with a carbide 3mm drill. Once I installed the pins he crack is not noticeable as now the it is a tight tapped in fit.

I have a long discussions with my original machinist, the new CNC machinist and a friend who is a metalurgist about the crack and the fact it cannot propogate anywhere, I then decided that I would sell the sprockets as seconds.

Once installed it is a tight fit from the mounting hole to the cam and the thick mounting washer covers the crack along with a good portin of the sprocket and and once torqued in place there is no way that this can cause any issue.

I warranty all my products with a money back guarantee and if a customer is not satified with the result I ask that the parts be returned and I will refund the purchase price in full.

A customer at the Peilcan parts board wrote the following.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/r1100...ance-sale.html

So he is up for a another set of seconds for his R1200GS.

I hope this helps.

I have sold over 300 sets of sprockets worldwide with about 30 sets of seconds and there have been no issues to date and only two pairs removed as it was not what the customers wanted.

In fact one of those customers now has a R1200HP2S is thinking of advancing his cam timing 6 degrees as recommended by a German tuner.

Life is always good

lennie screwed with this post 05-22-2012 at 06:32 PM
Old 05-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
Phil Y
Adventurer

Wink

OK, PM sent. I'm taking the plunge!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #8
lennie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok 4 sets sold and 21 sets of seconds left.

Life is always good
Old 05-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
Phil Y
Adventurer

Lennie, I know there are threads out here with installation instructions but do you include them with the sprokets? If not, pls email them to me.

Thanks.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #10
lennie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Phil,

Yes I provide PDF instructions professionally developed by a customer here in Australia with input from me to ensure that they are accurate.

I email these to the customers along with the invoice upon shipping.

Life is always good
Old 05-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #11
lennie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Here is a link so you can download the sprocket install instructions.

http://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7881463_749_640058161

These may help you guys understand how easy the install is.

Life is always good
Old 05-30-2012, 03:48 AM   #12
Dan Căta
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,639
Lennie, what response am I getting after installing the sprockets you make on my bike? It's an R1100RT.

Thanks,
Dan.
Dan Căta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #13
lennie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Dan,

Your RT will run smoother, return better fuel consumption and just be much netter with the part throttle response.

You will run one gear higher with all types of riding and enjoy less gear changes with better overtaking without down shifting.

The GS owners will have better low speed throttle response in the off road application as well.

Life is always good
Old 05-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #14
Phil Y
Adventurer

Lennie,

Sprockets arrived yesterday! Exactly one week since I placed the order--awesome trans-Pacific service! If only I could install them as quickly--slammed at work currently. Oh well! Appreciate the EXCELLENT service! (Got install instructions as well.) Thanks 2X!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #15
lennie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Phil,

That is good to know the international registered mail only takes a week to be delivered. I use it to safeguard my products as a few sets have gone missing in the past.

I am surprised at the low response here, at Boxertrix (UK) and the Pelican Parts board.

Here at Advrider there is incredible interest and excitement for a temp sensor spoofer yet little about a product that will really wake thier bikes up and pay for themselves over time with the savings in fuel.

Maybe there is a much smaller market than I anticipated or a reluctance to go inside the motor.

I would be very interested to know why.

Life is always good