ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #31
RedlegDaddy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
Taken at the factory in 2006 ...........

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have." Ronald Reagan

Current bike: something ORANGE!
RedlegDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:19 PM   #32
oldfuddy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 647
the riddle continues.....

I ran across this Czech article today written back in 2010.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ktm+...on%3B916%3B893

It was a humorous article by an envious author. But what struck me was this decal that i never saw before. so, to all the EU inmates... who got a bike with this decal on it and whats your number? Article says "Limited-Edition Erzberg was eventually limited to just 80 copies". I'm thinking that was just the market over there and not 80 copies worldwide... but what do i know.

Come on, show us your number...

/
oldfuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:28 PM   #33
pfdskipper OP
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 1,070
Interesting. Nice find. The translated page Old Fuggy linked also mentions the bike is the 17th of the last hundred tagged, whatever that means.
An interesting little article. I'm not sure how accurate the google translate is, but the rest of the translated article is below.

"But you might as well ask what is the point of the V-Max, Boss Hoss or Ducati Desmosedici. It's clear - there is something in them so exciting that it's hard to tell someone who does not try. The thing is the power that sometimes you can take advantage of a moment. And that sucks. Incomparable impression is when a piece of scrap metal called Erzberg Edition overcomes route furrowed craters on pomegranates, with the alarm clock of 130 km / h, and leaving behind a rut depth of 10 cm."

Akrapovicia titanium muffler is one of the details Erzberg Edition.
Here is the seventeenth of one hundred copies of the last 950 Super Enduro tang. seventeenth

End of power enduro
BMW Since some time ago ceased production HP2, it can be concluded that it is the end of this type of machine, and probably forever. You've probably already no manufacturer will not build such units. It is difficult - some sigh. It's a shame - they add others.
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote