ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #31
visualizerent OP
Raconteur

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMarine View Post
Beautiful!

I have seen the area around Jarbidge a couple times now in mid June and it is very cool to see what it looks like in the fall. That ridge route to the west down to the river is awesome!

Thanks for sharing!!!
Hey MasterMarine! I just missed you in Denio last June, spoke to the rest of yer crew. We were doing the High Rock Canyon to Fields Oregon area.

I wanna say thanks for all your Nevada trip reports as they are a great resource and inspiration for further adventuring!

I gotta find that ridge road into Austin you took! I'll check my Benchmark Atlas.

Juan
Nevada City
visualizerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #32
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by visualizerent View Post
Hey MasterMarine! I just missed you in Denio last June, spoke to the rest of yer crew. We were doing the High Rock Canyon to Fields Oregon area.

I wanna say thanks for all your Nevada trip reports as they are a great resource and inspiration for further adventuring!

I gotta find that ridge road into Austin you took! I'll check my Benchmark Atlas.

Juan
Nevada City
Thanks! A big part of my motivation to write the RR for a ride it to help inspire others to get out there and explore.

Do you mean this road????

Have a look at page 57. 12B and 12C. Rd #125.
MasterMarine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #33
visualizerent OP
Raconteur

Yep! That's it, got it thanks!
That's what I'm talking about... sharing great info on advrider.

Juan
Nevada City, CA.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:43 AM   #34
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer

Do you have any contact info for that rancher that you met south of Jarbidge? I would like to travel the road thru the Rough Hills that his ranch is on this summer and last time I was there, it was gated, posted and locked right there near the Prunty Ranch - Charleston area.

This year we are going to start from Jarbidge and check out some of NV, ID, UT and NV again on our big loop. Then do day rides from Jarbidge for a few days.

Do you have some more pics / stories to add to this report? I like how you had your family along on the trip. How did they like it? My son and I ate at that Basque Restaurant in Elko on our family road trip last fall. We got so much food. I got a rib eye and it was about 12 inches in diameter!

Is that Barn in Jarbidge run by the same folks who run the Outdoor Inn? Do you have contact info? I need to book some rooms.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #35
visualizerent OP
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMarine View Post
Do you have any contact info for that rancher that you met south of Jarbidge? I would like to travel the road thru the Rough Hills that his ranch is on this summer and last time I was there, it was gated, posted and locked right there near the Prunty Ranch - Charleston area.

This year we are going to start from Jarbidge and check out some of NV, ID, UT and NV again on our big loop. Then do day rides from Jarbidge for a few days.

Do you have some more pics / stories to add to this report?

I like how you had your family along on the trip. How did they like it? My son and I ate at that Basque Restaurant in Elko on our family road trip last fall. We got so much food. I got a rib eye and it was about 12 inches in diameter!

Is that Barn in Jarbidge run by the same folks who run the Outdoor Inn? Do you have contact info? I need to book some rooms.
Here's the entire photo album link...If you see something interesting, post it and I'll tell u what little I know.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...69443115820833

The Goicoechea Ranch as I recall like most ranchers in the area are pretty dirt bike friendly, I don't have any contact info, but if you can catch 'em at the ranch or in the field, they usually will let you in and allow you to camp on the Ranch.

Are you doing any of the Tour of Idaho routes? The T1 really has my attention.

The family loved it! The locals really took 'em in while I was out gallivanting during the day. Jeni had never seen such remote country before. A great place for kids to get back to basics, play outside, say hi to everyone and enjoy the simple pleasures of a small town.

Here's the link to the Outdoor Inn, and yes the same folks rent the red barn 1/4 mile down the road. I recommend this option-very reasonable.
The meals at the Outdoor Inn are not to be missed.

If you make it back by 430pm (mtn Time) stop by the tiny store for "Beer 30" and meet the locals who really know the area well.

http://www.nevadadventures.com/clien.../outdoor1.html

Outdoor Inn: Phone 775-488-2311

RIDGE RD. JUST S.W. OF JARBIDGE

Keep us posted here as to dates and such, take lotsa pics!

I'll dig around for my GPS tracks/interesting route info

Juan
Nevada City, CA.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:40 PM   #36
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer

It sure looks different in the fall than it does in mid-June!

Thanks for the info. The Outdoor Inn has some of the best food I have had in Nevada. One of the reasons I am planning to stage from there this year.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:08 PM   #37
caver
Missouri The Cave State

Oddometer: 648
Nice report. I'll be in Southern Idaho area after June 15th???
I was looking at info on Murphy HS and had heard about Jarbidge many years ago. Somehow that led me to this report.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:07 PM   #38
visualizerent OP
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by caver View Post
Nice report. I'll be in Southern Idaho area after June 15th???
I was looking at info on Murphy HS and had heard about Jarbidge many years ago. Somehow that led me to this report.
As of last season Murphy hot springs was closed for quite some time due to vandalism. Go check out the Jarbidge area, and the jeep roads between Murphy H.S. and Jarbidge. Amazing area.

Juan
Nevada City